Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s a good thing.

I only mention it because the media generally only called out trump rallies but didn’t particularly suggest the BLM rallies were dangerous.

BLM rallies were celebrated as a social movement.

Although in fairness, Most ppl only go along with BLM because they know consequences if they don’t.
I think there's a great deal of difference between social media world and the real world ,people want to be seen a certain way, I think it was the chaser in John safran years ago in Melbourne when It was a trend to put token gesture signs about aboriginal land infront of peoples houses ,they rocked up with a bunch of aboriginals and the look on their faces and excuses they come up with was hilarious same rules apply today with social media, I haven't used fb in many of years ,but I can bet you my left testicle if right now I looked up 10 family and friends and what they have posted i could laugh and say "you lying ***** to the lot of them " and that range's from the perfect family kids bullshit,to political beliefs ect

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I think there's a great deal of difference between social media world and the real world ,people want to be seen a certain way, I think it was the chaser in John safran years ago in Melbourne when It was a trend to put token gesture signs about aboriginal land infront of peoples houses ,they rocked up with a bunch of aboriginals and the look on their faces and excuses they come up with was hilarious same rules apply today with social media, I haven't used fb in many of years ,but I can bet you my left testicle if right now I looked up 10 family and friends and what they have posted i could laugh and say "you lying c*** to the lot of them " and that range's from the perfect family kids bullshit,to political beliefs ect
Yeh im similar. Haven’t used social media in approx 3.5 years. I find a lot of the way western culture is going these days, is being drive by social media and online influence.

Which Has some positives (direct and quick means of info dissemination to many ppl very quickly).

But also has enormous negatives:

- 2-3 individuals out of the global population have the ability to censor and manipulate the prevaling narrative on their platforms.
- this wouldn’t be a problem if their platforms were still operating as they were 5-6 years ago when they were just ‘platforms’ instead of what they are now which is ‘publishers’ who edit, censor, manipulate and choose who gets to see what information.
- the way their algorithms function, ppl are less likely to be exposed to opinions which differ from their own, creating massive echo chambers and ppl losing their ability to respect others may have differing views.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here’s the article Southy.. A backflip in their strategy seems to suggest their ‘unrestricted’ approach has failed.. As I posted here before, the upcoming months in Sweden should show which strategy works more effectively.

I think NSW has shown how to do it without completely shutting down the economy..Go hard early..have excellent contact tracing..enforce social distancing in public places..Thankfully, and to their credit, most people cooperated and followed the protocols. Who knows what the future holds..but the last 13 days have seen no local transmissions, with big numbers tested..Apart from a couple of major hiccups at the beginning..the NSW government has done a pretty good job, to balance the restrictions, the economy, and people’s freedoms..
I also believe the Victoria now South Australia outbreaks scared everyone in to doing the right thing which helped a lot.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think there's a great deal of difference between social media world and the real world ,people want to be seen a certain way, I think it was the chaser in John safran years ago in Melbourne when It was a trend to put token gesture signs about aboriginal land infront of peoples houses ,they rocked up with a bunch of aboriginals and the look on their faces and excuses they come up with was hilarious same rules apply today with social media, I haven't used fb in many of years ,but I can bet you my left testicle if right now I looked up 10 family and friends and what they have posted i could laugh and say "you lying c*** to the lot of them " and that range's from the perfect family kids bullshit,to political beliefs ect
Its called impression management, and everyone does it, some do it a lot more than others though...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also believe the Victoria now South Australia outbreaks scared everyone in to doing the right thing which helped a lot.
Its funny we get worried if there's 5 cases,which I don't mind have a look at what type of Xmas we will have in Australia as to how Xmas in Europe and the u.s. will be. Guns n roses announced a stadium tour for aus ,and nz, next November. Many bands and forms of entertainment will suite, we will be a covid safe tourist country in time

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its called impression management, and everyone does it, some do it a lot more than others though...
I always wanted to start an instagram account with my fat guts wearing a g string pull stupid duck faces
Doing photos shoots in exotic locations like garbage tips and sewers with the caption
" so blessed to be on vacation "
Its so fucking stupid people would probably follow and I could become an " influencer " always thought you don't need a good idea to make it rich just a stupid one

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I always wanted to start an instagram account with my fat guts wearing a g string pull stupid duck faces
Doing photos shoots in exotic locations like garbage tips and sewers with the caption
" so blessed to be on vacation "
Its so fucking stupid people would probably follow and I could become an " influencer " always thought you don't need a good idea to make it rich just a stupid one
Influencers are peak impression management. I'm not on any social media, it is worse than a waste of time, it deludes people. Have you seen The Social Dilemma on Netflix?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Influencers are peak impression management. I'm not on any social media, it is worse than a waste of time, it deludes people. Have you seen The Social Dilemma on Netflix?
Nah i will watch it soon this is a few footy forums and fligh sim forums is all I do.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is impression management and then there is flat out lying to make yourself something you aren’t
Women do that every day with make up and silicone and that human ken doll dude whos now a barbie

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Watched it, loved it and confirmed what I thought it was invented for.

Only social media I have is TK, if that's classified as social media.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Watched it, loved it and confirmed what I thought it was invented for.

Only social media I have is TK, if that's classified as social media.
The kennel isn’t much better, most ppl just agree with your view of the world so long as it’s the correct one.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Texas National Guard troops arrived Saturday in COVID-19-ravaged El Paso to help handle a backlog of dead bodies, according to a report.

The county medical examiner’s office had 247 bodies at its morgue and inside nine refrigerated trailers as of Thursday, the El Paso Times reported.

The Texas Division of Emergency Management decided Friday it would send 36 guard members to the border county.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Texas National Guard troops arrived Saturday in COVID-19-ravaged El Paso to help handle a backlog of dead bodies, according to a report.

The county medical examiner’s office had 247 bodies at its morgue and inside nine refrigerated trailers as of Thursday, the El Paso Times reported.

The Texas Division of Emergency Management decided Friday it would send 36 guard members to the border county.
I been there
Dangerous place

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking oath great news
And in Russia
Seven people have died after drinking coronavirus hand sanitiser in Russia.
No they weren't worried about covid they just ran out of booze lol fmd
Bloody hell Southy!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh im similar. Haven’t used social media in approx 3.5 years. I find a lot of the way western culture is going these days, is being drive by social media and online influence.

Which Has some positives (direct and quick means of info dissemination to many ppl very quickly).

But also has enormous negatives:

- 2-3 individuals out of the global population have the ability to censor and manipulate the prevaling narrative on their platforms.
- this wouldn’t be a problem if their platforms were still operating as they were 5-6 years ago when they were just ‘platforms’ instead of what they are now which is ‘publishers’ who edit, censor, manipulate and choose who gets to see what information.
- the way their algorithms function, ppl are less likely to be exposed to opinions which differ from their own, creating massive echo chambers and ppl losing their ability to respect others may have differing views.
Our of curiosity, if you don't use social media then how can you safely stand by your convictions?

I only ask because I have a lot of friends on social media who criticise the censorship, while also posting about the censorship on social media. And their posts aren't censored.

It just seems like people are convinced that there's this grand conspiracy while ignoring the facts. Not saying there wasn't censorship. There definitely was. But it's not as wide spread as the fake news conservatives would have you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.