News Bulldogs eye Panther as hunt resumes for Foxx

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone just wanted to come across and say hi since there's a lit of news between our club's recently for obvious reasons. Seems you guys are the current easy target for signing rumours to sell articles. Not sure how closely everyone looks at other teams rosters so a few specifics which might help when all the clickbait from the journos is coming out.

Burton is the big one obviously and you guys are a fair chance to sign him. He'd get a shot at starting half on reasonable money. If he stays there's no chance he pushes Luai out for the 6 and Ivan wants to turn him into a ball playing forward either at lock or second row with a transition through centre the most likely option. Will also get less to stay at Panthers for obvious reasons.

Lenui is very unlikely. Panthers moved on Tamou and Blore to the Tigers and you guys got Hetherington for the purpose of Lenui being our next prop ready to be brought in to the starting 17 with 2020 being a development year of sorts. He is very highly regarded by the club and you'd have to pay pretty decent overs to get him.

Crichton will be signed after origin camp is over. Panthers are prepared to pay whatever is necessary though some of us as fans don't necessarily agree with that. As fans of the sport we've all had players hold our cap to ransom and dogs fans know that pain from recent history.

I am surprised there's been no mention of Naden. He'll be the odd one out IF you don't get Burton and already seems a little unpopular with Ivan having been dropped post Covid break then for the Preliminary/Grand finals. Though maybe no one wants a centre/wing that bad.

Interesting reading through here as if there's animosity between clubs. I guess the sport is very much based on tribalism but outside us as fans having players we want to stay or go I have no issue with Barrett and any players going to the dogs. So far everything has been done with respect and the club itself deserves to make improvements for the fans and members. A strong comp is better for everyone than the typical 2 or 3 good teams every year.

All the best.
Thanks for sharing. No animosity from me.
In fact I adopted the Panthers as my second team hoping you guys would win the premiership.

Probably due to a combination of elimination of the teams I would have disliked seeing win and the fact your team played some highly entertaining football.

Good system the panthers have where injuries and suspensions barely affected your success and those next in line could step straight in without missing too much.

Bulldogs will be back to that type of club soon, I have no doubt.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. No animosity from me.
In fact I adopted the Panthers as my second team hoping you guys would win the premiership.

Probably due to a combination of elimination of the teams I would have disliked seeing win and the fact your team played some highly entertaining football.

Good system the panthers have where injuries and suspensions barely affected your success and those next in line could step straight in without missing too much.

Bulldogs will be back to that type of club soon, I have no doubt.
I hope so. The long term health of the game financially and in talent needs as many clubs to be strong like that as possible in my opinion. As nice as it has been to play finals regularly since 2014 it's been horrible to see half the comp each year (us 2015/19 as well) be mediocre and making up the numbers for the comp. I am tipping the dogs to make a big improvement next year though. They already play with heart and the roster is now moving a little.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope so. The long term health of the game financially and in talent needs as many clubs to be strong like that as possible in my opinion. As nice as it has been to play finals regularly since 2014 it's been horrible to see half the comp each year (us 2015/19 as well) be mediocre and making up the numbers for the comp. I am tipping the dogs to make a big improvement next year though. They already play with heart and the roster is now moving a little.
Have you guys appointed a new attacking coach yet?

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not trying to shit on Penrith but the supporters are surely concerned with Ivan's past recruitment at the tigers. Was it Packer, Reynolds and Mbye all on massive coin? I heard that those 3 players were sucking 25% of their cap
Most of us hated what happened between Ivan and the Tigers. Webster being hired looks more like jobs for mates to me.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone just wanted to come across and say hi since there's a lit of news between our club's recently for obvious reasons. Seems you guys are the current easy target for signing rumours to sell articles. Not sure how closely everyone looks at other teams rosters so a few specifics which might help when all the clickbait from the journos is coming out.

Burton is the big one obviously and you guys are a fair chance to sign him. He'd get a shot at starting half on reasonable money. If he stays there's no chance he pushes Luai out for the 6 and Ivan wants to turn him into a ball playing forward either at lock or second row with a transition through centre the most likely option. Will also get less to stay at Panthers for obvious reasons.

Lenui is very unlikely. Panthers moved on Tamou and Blore to the Tigers and you guys got Hetherington for the purpose of Lenui being our next prop ready to be brought in to the starting 17 with 2020 being a development year of sorts. He is very highly regarded by the club and you'd have to pay pretty decent overs to get him.

Crichton will be signed after origin camp is over. Panthers are prepared to pay whatever is necessary though some of us as fans don't necessarily agree with that. As fans of the sport we've all had players hold our cap to ransom and dogs fans know that pain from recent history.

I am surprised there's been no mention of Naden. He'll be the odd one out IF you don't get Burton and already seems a little unpopular with Ivan having been dropped post Covid break then for the Preliminary/Grand finals. Though maybe no one wants a centre/wing that bad.

Interesting reading through here as if there's animosity between clubs. I guess the sport is very much based on tribalism but outside us as fans having players we want to stay or go I have no issue with Barrett and any players going to the dogs. So far everything has been done with respect and the club itself deserves to make improvements for the fans and members. A strong comp is better for everyone than the typical 2 or 3 good teams every year.

All the best.
I haven't noticed any animosity on TK against the Panthers...that is reserved for the Rorters, Dragons, Eels and lately Souffs (who seem to have bought themselves a sombrebro and have a get out of jail free pass from the NRL). I think some people are just envious of your junior development system. Some of the players who can't even make the starting 17 at Penrith would walk into our side.

I think Chricton is unlikely but hopefully we get Burton. The Leniu rumour came out of nowhere. Considering we have Napa on a shocking $600K, I guess the plan is to use his money for Leniu. I'm not sure if Penrith can match that.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any animosity on TK against the Panthers...that is reserved for the Rorters, Dragons, Eels and lately Souffs (who seem to have bought themselves a sombrebro and have a get out of jail free pass from the NRL). I think some people are just envious of your junior development system. Some of the players who can't even make the starting 17 at Penrith would walk into our side.

I think Chricton is unlikely but hopefully we get Burton. The Leniu rumour came out of nowhere. Considering we have Napa on a shocking $600K, I guess the plan is to use his money for Leniu. I'm not sure if Penrith can match that.
I seriously doubt we could match that for Lenui. We won't be able to out bid you for many players. Especially with Crichton asking for more now. We very likely lose one we want to keep and my money is on Burton unless someone takes less to stay.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think burton is baz’s sole focus, if we can bump up other panthers players asking price to force others out(burton) it is what it is.
Personally id be happy with only burton, they can keep leinu and we can sign peni teripo

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think burton is baz’s sole focus, if we can bump up other panthers players asking price to force others out(burton) it is what it is.
Personally id be happy with only burton, they can keep leinu and we can sign peni teripo
Peni Teripo can be a beast when he’s on, unfortunately I think he got released due to either retiring or loss of passion for the game I remember reading somewhere

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah Crichton can play fullback though we've had Staines/Laurie who are out and out speedster/ball playing Fullbacks. I'm not a fan of the comparisons made usually but it's a like like Latrell Mitchell in he is physically elite and can play anywhere in the backline. A lot of us fans suspect Edwards time is limited. Either Crichton, Luarie or Staines will take that spot on pure talent alone. Their ceiling is much higher than his. If dogs need a fullback might be worth making a Ponga style offer to Crichton but it's high risk Vs possible High reward.

Yeah Mansour is an interesting one. I think they are backing Staines speed and skill since it's just on the wing. Staines is a fullback by trade so is faster, can contest kicks and has a pass.
Watching the panthers this year it's clear to me, that yous need a good fullback. Not shitting on edwards, he done a decent job but for yous to move to another level, a good fullback is what yous need. I would of let go edwards before mansour. Staines should of been your fullback. Wasting his talent putting him on the wing.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have to ask - at 34 - your handle @Oldpanther?? :-).

Welcome to TK mate - good to see sensible discussion among different fans for the good of the game as well as our respective clubs. Cheers.
It started as a nod to how much the game has changed in my time watching and playing. It makes me feel old describing the 90s to people now . A lot of fans you speak to online never saw some of those great games and players.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peni Teripo can be a beast when he’s on, unfortunately I think he got released due to either retiring or loss of passion for the game I remember reading somewhere
It wouldnt hard to lose your passion at parra, change is as good as a holiday. I know personally i hated coming up against players like teripo, he is more destructive than nathan brown, brown just looks pissed off all the time, he runs hard but cant break the line like teripo.
I rate leinu, but no hassle would be to sign teripo

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
Just reading the Panther fourm some of them should be on suicide watch with the chance of losing Burton and leniu they wernt to impressed about the article I posted up and coped some abuse I'm just going to sit back and watch hopefully we get them two then I will stick it to them scum hahaha
What forum is that. I can’t find any active ones.

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

My best friend is a Panthers supporter and I've copped shit for the last three years about how we've been going (friendly banter). I think I've never death rided a team more than I did the Panthers this year to not win the Grand Final. I actually have a bet with him that we'd win a Grand Final before the Panthers (with some made up odds, so it's fair). I'd love nothing more then to take some of their players they'd rather keep. I think more of our fans were cheering the Panthers over the usual Roosters, Storms, etc. which is usually due to jealously (imo).