News Bulldogs eye Panther as hunt resumes for Foxx

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone post the article Dean Ritchie just posted the story

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Canterbury is preparing for another crack at star NSW State of Origin winger Josh Addo-Carr as they also close in on a pair of Penrith players.

Spencer Leniu comes off contract after next season but is being chased by Canterbury along with Panthers teammate Matt Burton.

Penrith may release Burton for next year if the club is forced to pay additional money to retain star centre Stephen Crichton. Burton has also received interest from Cronulla.

While conceding an interest in Leniu, Canterbury officials denied suggestions the Panthers prop could be announced as a Bulldog by the end of this week.

Leniu is a former Australian Schoolboys forward who has also represented NSW under 20s.

Canterbury coach Trent Barrett hasn’t placed a deadline on Leniu or Burton.

The Bulldogs remain hopeful of poaching Burton for 2022 and have already signed Panthers forward Jack Hetherington for next year.

After signing a heads of agreement deal, Addo-Carr decided to stay at the Melbourne Storm next season. But he will be a free agent again for 2022 and Canterbury is ready for another tilt at the Blues flyer.

Former Bulldogs prop Aiden Tolman has all but signed with Cronulla.

Rumours linking Tolman to the Sharks have been persistent with The Daily Telegraph now revealing the one-year deal is almost done.

In other transfer news, The Daily Telegraph can reveal North Queensland and Newcastle have an interest in released South Sydney centre James Roberts.

The Cowboys appear to have more interest in Roberts than Newcastle, who may be sceptical about Roberts’ past. Wests Tigers is also interested in the former NSW centre.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury is preparing for another crack at star NSW State of Origin winger Josh Addo-Carr as they also close in on a pair of Penrith players.

Spencer Leniu comes off contract after next season but is being chased by Canterbury along with Panthers teammate Matt Burton.

Penrith may release Burton for next year if the club is forced to pay additional money to retain star centre Stephen Crichton. Burton has also received interest from Cronulla.

While conceding an interest in Leniu, Canterbury officials denied suggestions the Panthers prop could be announced as a Bulldog by the end of this week.

Leniu is a former Australian Schoolboys forward who has also represented NSW under 20s.

Canterbury coach Trent Barrett hasn’t placed a deadline on Leniu or Burton.

The Bulldogs remain hopeful of poaching Burton for 2022 and have already signed Panthers forward Jack Hetherington for next year.

After signing a heads of agreement deal, Addo-Carr decided to stay at the Melbourne Storm next season. But he will be a free agent again for 2022 and Canterbury is ready for another tilt at the Blues flyer.

Former Bulldogs prop Aiden Tolman has all but signed with Cronulla.

Rumours linking Tolman to the Sharks have been persistent with The Daily Telegraph now revealing the one-year deal is almost done.

In other transfer news, The Daily Telegraph can reveal North Queensland and Newcastle have an interest in released South Sydney centre James Roberts.

The Cowboys appear to have more interest in Roberts than Newcastle, who may be sceptical about Roberts’ past. Wests Tigers is also interested in the former NSW centre.
Thanks mate

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton also seen at Cronulla with his parents last wk, now interest from Cronulla? Penrith CEO stated today they are also negotiating contract extension with Burton. I must admit I’m getting nervous about our chances of signing Burton now.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just posted it on the Panthers forum hahaha there in meltdown with crighton asking for more money so thought I stick the boot in now with leniu and burton hopefully it all comes off even if we get 2 out of the 3 I will be happy
I can't see us getting all of them but if we force them to pay market value or overs for Chricton it may force them to release the other 2 early.
Naughty Trent, not listening to the Panthers after they warned him not to poach their players

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton also seen at Cronulla with his parents last wk, now interest from Cronulla? Penrith CEO stated today they are also negotiating contract extension with Burton. I must admit I’m getting nervous about our chances of signing Burton now.
Why would he go to Cronulla? Unless their offer is MUCH higher than ours, I don't see the appeal. He may as well stay at Penrith.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many times can they write a new article saying the same thing....
Well when it was the board room thingy it was 37 articles :p

this burton signing has to be nearing the teens :p

In saying that Burton and Leniu are probably the 2 players that would make the most sense. Both undervalued. Both with tremendous upside. You’d be happy with both.

Then in 2022 you only need a fullback if averillo doesn’t cut otherwise you just need a centre and a hooker and possibly a winger and you’d have a top 8 team every day of the week. Maybe 1 more strike backrower.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Man if we can land these 3 and a hooker and a centre we have nailed it.

Burton’s money is there now from green.

Napa out, leinu in 2022

Smith and whatever is left in the cap for addo carr

Jmk and Lewis out for a hooker

Hoppa out, staggs in would be the cherry.

Bang bang bang bang bang