Official Reimis Smith to the Storm

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Remember when Kasiano was going to be the world's best forward under Bellamy?

I wonder if the Smith hype will go to another level once he is gone. Meaney has been better than Reimis Shitt which says a lot.
I don't mind Reimis leaving because it means Meaney will hopefully play on the wing until Okunbor is back or if he goes well stay there. I think Meaney is a really good player he just needs to put on more size IMO. He's a good goal kicker too.
We have 3 good goal kickers now in Meaney, Averillo and Flanagan.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Hmm I don't think Burton's money was the problem I think we could have signed JAC and Burton this year to fill our two remaining spots maybe we have like a mill to split on JAC and Burton. But now we have 1.35 Mill after we promote a junior lets say 400K for Burton and 950 for someone else.... that is a pretty handy someone in anyone's language.

Also with releasing Smith I think Barrett could cover him leaving because Burton is coming, and that means Averillo at FB, Hoppa in the centres with Cotric, with Meaney and DWZ the wingers.... maybe Okunbor for the second half of year to replace Meaney.

If Burton wasn't coming Averillo would be 5/8 and either Meaney or Hoppa at FB.... we would probably have used Smith somewhere there in the 3/4 line.

So who is the 950K for....
100% agree with your logic there.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
950k......how much would we pay for Brandon Smith?
Grant would go close to 1m. Maybe 900k which is Cook money. I think B. Smith would be a little cheaper, somewhere in the 700-800k range. I think for us (not a top team) they're both worth that. The Titans are probably the only other team that can compete with us (Tigers are blowing their money on the first thing that pops up).

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well reimis isnt on jac level so an actual swap would require more youd think
unfortunately for Melbourne it’s there player asking for the release.
We should be the winner out of this situation

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We surely announce that now along with r smith gone... not leave us hearing oh we misssed jac but gave them smith
Perhaps to overcome the Tigers "Heads Of Agreement" JAC plays the first game of 2021 with Storm and then seeks an immediate release to move back to Sydney with family.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe Reimis is on 450k (more so 300-350k), but if he was we'd be contributing a decent amount towards that. We're not freeing up money for Burton, we're already sitting on a decent amount.
I really doubt we are paying freight on Reimis.
We had not real motivation to move him on, so why pay for him to leave?
We aren't under cap pressure, so I cant see us contributing given we are not desperate to clear cap space.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares , we have still lost our best winger and not replaced him, capish
Reimis is our best winger?
He could hardly crack the first grade side due to his poor attitude and desire to be a crappy centre.
Not being able to crack top grade in the team we had this year is telling you something.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Means 3 spots to fill for next year ? Burton, and 2 outside backs surely ?
I know we need a hooker but think we are looking at 2022 for a good hooker