Official Matt Burton to join the Bulldogs in 2022

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nov 8 and no new signings (since Nov 1st).... thought this place would have exploded by now after a 3 year countdown lol

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking Drunkfield. Burton spotted around Cronulla with his parents because the Sharks are a chance... Have another carafe of house red for fuckin pisspot.
He was talking in code,
Suggesting going to the dogs because our entire team live in Cronulla or nearby.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That is spot on 84, we just need to chill out a bit and trust our management.
Easier said than done.
Strap yourself in for the long haul shire because if he signs for 2022 the speculation will then surround him coming in 2021!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Beautiful....probably means he was house hunting if he was in the Shire.
Hurry the fuck up and get the deal done. Preseason starts next Monday
he wont start pre season next week

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't see the delay as a bad sign at all. Yes its VERY frustrating but I see it as a sign that we're still negotiating with Penrith and that they're willing to consider releasing him early which is actually a good sign. If Penrith were completely against releasing him they would have told to us to piss off and the club would have taken the hint and announced him already. The fact that Burton hasn't been announced yet seems to suggest that we're making slow progress....maybe the Mansour thing has something to do with it. If we take Mansour, or one of their other players they don't want, maybe they will release Burton. It's not ideal but I'll take it.

This also lines up with the mail that we have received so it makes sense to me at least. Hopefully this is sorted out soon and he is announced this week
Imo spot on as always.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I hate the fact Melbourne is now involved. They need a back and Penrith want to get rid of Mansour, who knows maybe Burton goes to Melbourne on the condition they take Mansour.

I’ll only feel comfortable when Burton is announced by us.
Ivan won't let Burton go to Melbourne, he's a salty loser and given he just lost the GF to them... If push comes to shove he will push the kid in Trent's direction.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I don't see the delay as a bad sign at all. Yes its VERY frustrating but I see it as a sign that we're still negotiating with Penrith and that they're willing to consider releasing him early which is actually a good sign. If Penrith were completely against releasing him they would have told to us to piss off and the club would have taken the hint and announced him already. The fact that Burton hasn't been announced yet seems to suggest that we're making slow progress....maybe the Mansour thing has something to do with it. If we take Mansour, or one of their other players they don't want, maybe they will release Burton. It's not ideal but I'll take it.

This also lines up with the mail that we have received so it makes sense to me at least. Hopefully this is sorted out soon and he is announced this week
Tbh i wouldn't hate having man sauce. Hes a good player and has a great work ethic. Always looking for work. But i wouldn't like it if it made us short on hooker money.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When does pre season start?
Barrett is going to ruin these boys lives haha see the difference between penriths pre season boot camp compared to our passing and tennis ball catching we were shot from round 1 last year
Let Hansen loose on them first Barrett can have the leftovers

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you dropping a small clue in this statement lol
Don’t worry I’ll keep it on the quiet.
Ill add my bit. Thought someone may have said it but no one has. Heard on the radio that Management has released Green from his contract and he will stay at the Knights. Looking at half full glass could be a sign that we now are going to announce Burton. Looking at half empty glass could mean managementvis happy with what we got...........LEWIS.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill add my bit. Thought someone may have said it but no one has. Heard on the radio that Management has released Green from his contract and he will stay at the Knights. Looking at half full glass could be a sign that we now are going to announce Burton. Looking at half empty glass could mean managementvis happy with what we got...........LEWIS.
Which radio station was that? It better be half full glass because the alternative you mentioned is empty glass rather than half empty.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
SPOTTED

Penrith Panthers five-eighth Matt Burton with his parents walking along the Cronulla mall. As much as the Panthers are desperate to keep him, we are hearing he will more than likely be at the Bulldogs next year, if not in 2022.

The DT, our favourite journalist, Buzz Rothfield.