U.S. Politics - Thread

U.S. Politics

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
masks are not necessarily correlated with reductions in infection counts. See attached
What's your new point? - didn't we already go over this, several times?
We can do it again for the slow ones!

Appears "mask mandate" (a law/act/policy) r^2<1 as opposed to "masks" inferring a minimal impact on case numbers.
>>The mask wearer might need a re-do no their mask wearing course
Masks work just fine if worn and utilized properly and in conjunction with safe distancing, hand washing, mitigating face touching, etc., etc.,

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
What's your new point? - didn't we already go over this, several times?
We can do it again for the slow ones!

Appears "mask mandate" (a law/act/policy) r^2<1 as opposed to "masks" inferring a minimal impact on case numbers.
>>The mask wearer might need a re-do no their mask wearing course
Masks work just fine if worn and utilized properly and in conjunction with safe distancing, hand washing, mitigating face touching, etc., etc.,
You can keep saying that “masks would work if ppl would just wear properly”. But that is fantasy land. People don’t wear them properly because attempting to wear a mask for hours on end is not easy.
Surgeons don’t always do it perfectly either and then they have to resanitise and reapply a new mask.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
2021-2024
POTUS: Kamala Harris
Veep: Barack Obama (edit: an Obama)

2024 Dem Ticket:
POTUS: Kamala Harris
Veep: AOC
The "moderate" faction will never allow AOC to get that far. There's massive in fighting within the Democrats at the moment for their poor showing in house and senate votes

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can keep saying that “masks would work if ppl would just wear properly”. But that is fantasy land. People don’t wear them properly because attempting to wear a mask for hours on end is not easy.
Surgeons don’t always do it perfectly either and then they have to resanitise and reapply a new mask.
Wait, I thought you were arguing against masks? Can't you see that your argument above actually proves that masks are important?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still better than nothing, a poorly placed mask ,a poorly 1meter social distance is still better than no mask and being shoulder to shoulder.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Wait, I thought you were arguing against masks? Can't you see that your argument above actually proves that masks are important?
I don’t argue against masks in a blanket sense. I argue for mask use in high risk scenarios like hospitals and doctors surgeries.

I also argue outside of these locations for people to make their own free choice about masks - if they want to they should be free to wear them.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You need to wash and change your underwear too.

Fact of life. Applies to undies and masks.

Actually applies to all the clothes people wear.

Don't you change clothes? Don't your clothes need to be washed and sanitised by using laundry detergent?

Then why would you think you wouldn't need to change and sanitise a mask?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Still better than nothing, a poorly placed mask ,a poorly 1meter social distance is still better than no mask and being shoulder to shoulder.
Not necessarily true. Some commentary I was reading below:

Intuition would suggest that facemasks offer a physical barrier preventing the emanation of droplets from the oral or nasal passages and therefore satisfy the efficacy requirement of the evidence ladder.

‘Venting’ is a phenomenon whereby air leaks at the interface between mask and face which can act to disperse potential contaminants originating from the pharynx.5The accumulation of moisture, during prolonged usage, may exacerbate this problem by increasing resistance to air flow through the filter itself. Moisture accumulation is also thought to facilitate the movement of contaminants through the material of the mask itself by capillary action.

These bacteria can subsequently be dislodged by movement. Friction at the face/mask interface has also been demonstrated to disperse skin scales which can further contribute towards wound contamination.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t argue against masks in a blanket sense. I argue for mask use in high risk scenarios like hospitals and doctors surgeries.

I also argue outside of these locations for people to make their own free choice about masks - if they want to they should be free to wear them.
So 1000+ cases ands 100 dead a day is not a high risk scenario??????

What next?

Should people only wear seatbelts if they want to?

The government mandates that we can't walk around naked.

What if I don't want to wear pants. It is a free country.

I should be free to make my own choice.

It's my body. if they want to they should be free not to wear them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All jokes aside, let see how pedo joe handles covid, law enforcement, China and/or Russia, Israel and the upcoming "civil war". Who the fuck would really want to be responsible for that shithole country....

But I guess we have to wait and see if he makes it to inauguration lol

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not necessarily true. Some commentary I was reading below:

Intuition would suggest that facemasks offer a physical barrier preventing the emanation of droplets from the oral or nasal passages and therefore satisfy the efficacy requirement of the evidence ladder.

‘Venting’ is a phenomenon whereby air leaks at the interface between mask and face which can act to disperse potential contaminants originating from the pharynx.5The accumulation of moisture, during prolonged usage, may exacerbate this problem by increasing resistance to air flow through the filter itself. Moisture accumulation is also thought to facilitate the movement of contaminants through the material of the mask itself by capillary action.

These bacteria can subsequently be dislodged by movement. Friction at the face/mask interface has also been demonstrated to disperse skin scales which can further contribute towards wound contamination.
What a load of crap.

Hospital use has dispelled this bullshit countless times.

I just showed my theatre nurse daughter your post and she fell over laughing and I quote "Why are you arguing with an idiot".

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

So essentially you'd be able to recognise the rational truth about masks except you've been hoodwinked by all the deceit out there that has effectively politicised mask wearing. That would explain why all of your arguments are half-baked at best.

Essentially, if wearing of seatbelts became a hot political issue, you would now be arguing that wearing seatbelts should be a free choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.