Opinion Angus Crichton

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Solid pass. Way too expensive and I think Elliott’s ball playing will go to a new level under Barrett’s structures and RFM can become a very good line runner if well coached. We may also get more out of players like Stimson. Jackson may rediscover his form too. Not against more back row signings, but none for even close to 1 mill a season.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Why does it feel like things aren't all that rosy at Bondi. I see them on the decline.
They have always been a top heavy club, with some bought guns and not much depth. Once their contracted players get old/passed it they are in trouble I see them missing the eight next year, especially if the titans, warriors and Us play to our potential next year.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our current second row options are Josh Jackson, Raymind Faitala-Mariner, Matt Doorey, Corey Waddel, Joe Stimson, Dean Britt. Not the best crop but there is potential for improvement as most of them are 24 and under.

My concern is that we don't have any second rowers that would strike fear into the opposition, guys that other teams wouldn't want to play against (in the mould of Kikau, Leilua, Frizell etc). CHN was perfect as he provided that spark and wasn't on massive money.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our current second row options are Josh Jackson, Raymind Faitala-Mariner, Matt Doorey, Corey Waddel, Joe Stimson, Dean Britt. Not the best crop but there is potential for improvement as most of them are 24 and under.

My concern is that we don't have any second rowers that would strike fear into the opposition, guys that other teams wouldn't want to play against (in the mould of Kikau, Leilua, Frizell etc). CHN was perfect as he provided that spark and wasn't on massive money.
agree, that is exactly what i posted yesterday, we have no "strike" edge backrowers with some pace. CHN was that

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree we need a strike edge forward after losing CHN. We could afford Crichton if we decide to shed Napa for 2022. It would free up around 650K. We can shed Britt then also.

Move RFM to middle forward. He's not really an edge link to the backs type forward anyway. He always runs one-out up the middle. He can play exactly the same as he does now in the middle.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree we need a strike edge forward after losing CHN. We could afford Crichton if we decide to shed Napa for 2022. It would free up around 650K. We can shed Britt then also.

Move RFM to middle forward. He's not really an edge link to the backs type forward anyway. He always runs one-out up the middle. He can play exactly the same as he does now in the middle.
the problem is angus is on huge money, if he is going to take a price cut i assume he would stay where he is rather move for the same coin

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Angus Crichton coming off contract next year and the news is that Roosters might look like letting him go (https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4f43ac458ced8b14eb0422c149a6eea6)

Thoughts on having a go for Crichton for 2022? Our second row stock isn't particularly strong particularly in strike power. To be honest, I'd be against a move for Crichton. Although he's a gun, he would command massive pay which would better used elsewhere. But I do think we need a strike second rower, especially since we lost CHN.
Definitely NOT. Paying big $$ for overrated forwards is how the Dogs got into the current mess in the first place. Vast majority of forwards only have a few years at their best before injuries take their toll and they get replaced by younger, fitter and cheaper guys on the up. Crichton's best days were years ago at Souths and he's not getting any better.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They have always been a top heavy club, with some bought guns and not much depth. Once their contracted players get old/passed it they are in trouble I see them missing the eight next year, especially if the titans, warriors and Us play to our potential next year.
I’d still have them top 4 for another year or two but I agree their window is closing but was bloody successful for them

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chricton was a monster this season, the price tag might be a bit to much though.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To much hair like L. Lewis. Shave it off and keep a cool head

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Definitely NOT. Paying big $$ for overrated forwards is how the Dogs got into the current mess in the first place. Vast majority of forwards only have a few years at their best before injuries take their toll and they get replaced by younger, fitter and cheaper guys on the up. Crichton's best days were years ago at Souths and he's not getting any better.
He is absolutely getting better and is only 24, the fuck are you on about? :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'd swap him for Crapa and Lewis.