Opinion Angus Crichton

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
nah i never said to dump the morris boys
jackos been on the decline, youd be mad not to replace him with young angus for 100k more PA
You can't though. No one will take Jackson on that contract and he has another two or three years left so it would be nearly impossible to move him.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's better to have a truce than 2 brothers arguing over footy. It was a good deal for me as he had to support the Dogs in 8 grand finals while he had to wait for 27 years to win a GF and it didn't stop me from gloating in 80 and 04.
Yes, but are you giving weekly reminders about sombreros and brown paper bags?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can't though. No one will take Jackson on that contract and he has another two or three years left so it would be nearly impossible to move him.
Very hard to see Jacko leaving at this stage. He turns 30 in January, which means he will be almost 33 when his contract is up. At that stage he will probably either retire or go to ESL for a season or two. He gets the veteran player discount in that time as well, so he isn't taking as much out of the cap as people think. So long as Baz can keep him playing at a decent level there is no problem here. One possibility is to move him to the middle on a permanent basis.

Once Josh goes, will Elliott have been around long enough to take his place for the veteran player discount?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was one of our best in the finals this year and I've even got him tagged as our future captain I reckon he's that good. He grew up supporting the Roosters and while he may be on large coin now, I'm confident we'll make a deal for him to stay.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Very hard to see Jacko leaving at this stage. He turns 30 in January, which means he will be almost 33 when his contract is up. At that stage he will probably either retire or go to ESL for a season or two. He gets the veteran player discount in that time as well, so he isn't taking as much out of the cap as people think. So long as Baz can keep him playing at a decent level there is no problem here. One possibility is to move him to the middle on a permanent basis.

Once Josh goes, will Elliott have been around long enough to take his place for the veteran player discount?
Can't believe we offered him such a ridiculous contract...where was the competition for his signature that pushed this price so high? The veteran player allowance is like 200k? That shouldn't be used as a gift 200k lol.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crichton isn’t eligible for the veteran player $200k like Jackson.

Go Dogs
So? On form and youth Crighton will be better for us. Jackson has been on the celine and it's been rapid for 2 years. There is a price point for Crighton though.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rorters as your second team. I wouldn't brag about that shit. You're worse than Nashweed the bunnies lover. That'll do me ! On your horse back to the chook pen buddy
I know a bit more about the Chooks than you buddy since they've been my second team after the Dogs for 40+ years. If he was that good Uncle Nick would be doing everything to keep him. He has not lived up to the big price tag that the Chooks paid for and those who matter at the Chooks know it. Even the dumb commentators on Ch 9 know it too.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't believe we offered him such a ridiculous contract...where was the competition for his signature that pushed this price so high? The veteran player allowance is like 200k? That shouldn't be used as a gift 200k lol.
Yeah, I seem to recall you weren't too happy about the supposed numbers being thrown around when JJ was re-signed. Zero Tackle has him at $600k this season. Not sure what he is getting next season. Still, given what we've heard AChrichton is on, and given we'd have to pay freight in order to have JJ moved elsewhere, and given the veterans discount, and given the vast majority wanted him re-signed, we have him now, he isn't going anywhere. Baz and co have to make the best they can with him.

Also, I suspect that his leadership and the example he sets for younger players in and around the team is widely underestimated.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, but are you giving weekly reminders about sombreros and brown paper bags?
Absolutely. Every time they're on tv or in the news I'll mention that plus Uncle Nick's bets with players on the golf courses that he just happens to lose and all our star players that they steal from us to build their team. That's why I tell him he's really following the Eastern Bulldogs.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who the fk has a second team, let alone a team that stole our 2002 premiership when the were way over more than us, THEN made a mission to snatch everyone of our players who humiliated them in 2004....
Wow!
I already explained it my subsequent posts. The Chooks are my distant second team after the Dogs. I've never supported the Chooks when they play against the Dogs, its only when they play against other teams. As for them snatching our players after 2004 that's why I call them the Eastern Bulldogs and still gee up my brother every time they're on tv.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely. Every time they're on tv or in the news I'll mention that plus Uncle Nick's bets with players on the golf courses that he just happens to lose and all our star players that they steal from us to build their team. That's why I tell him he's really following the Eastern Bulldogs.
Good man

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Go f#ck yourself asshole. The Chooks are my second team only because they're my brother's team and to stop family arguments when we were kids. So the Dogs are his second team. Now do the world a favour and get yourself a lobotomy.
Fuck your family sounds like a bunch of wimps

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of all teams to have as your second team...the Roosters! Those latte sipping muppets who wouldn't know what is a so called "even competition"...I'd rather Souffs win than them and that says a lot!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the roosters pay some freight I’d give him a year or 2 we went for bateman critchon can be as effective

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why pay overs for him, when doorey, stimson, rfm could all be just as good under barret at under half the price