News (nrl.com) Dogs set to seal Flanno deal as Foxx replacement catches Storm's eye (its Reimis)

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want JAC but do not sell Reimis Smith, hes a very good winger which he showed last season when he played there, get rid of DWZ not Smith, Smith has all the attributes, speed, size, the amount of times he scores from a freak jump and catch. If he goes to Storm he becomes a top 2 Nrl winger 100 percent, lets not forget on a wing last season he was our top try scorer and arguably best player in a shit side. Im not saying hes better than JAC but him and JAC on a wing each makes us much stronger than JAC and DWZ, DWZ cant catch and is nowhere near as talented as Smith.

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I want JAC but do not sell Reimis Smith, hes a very good winger which he showed last season when he played there, get rid of DWZ not Smith, Smith has all the attributes, speed, size, the amount of times he scores from a freak jump and catch. If he goes to Storm he becomes a top 2 Nrl winger 100 percent, lets not forget on a wing last season he was our top try scorer and arguably best player in a shit side. Im not saying hes better than JAC but him and JAC on a wing each makes us much stronger than JAC and DWZ, DWZ cant catch and is nowhere near as talented as Smith.
Storm don’t want DWZ. Bellamy can make Smith a star I see it already ! If we are lucky we can offload DWZ to tigers when they miss out on Fox they will be burning for a signing

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Feeling like I’m the only one that thinks addo carr can be a great fb for us. His backing up, speed, footy brain and strong defence will be valuable to our team. With him converting half chances and Flanagan kicking goals we go up by 6’s and more often than previous years.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Reimis would improve in any side that gives him space on the wings. He's got pace a bit of size and ability under the high ball. Our attacking structures and kicking haven't been great for giving him space and opportunities to show them off. Likewise with Meaney who's still filling out. Addo Carr was similarly talented at the Tigpies. Moving into a well drilled attacking side allowed him to show off those attributes more frequently. So if we're getting close to filling out our cap space I'm not sure that offering huge money to JAC is ideal. But I'll not complain if the trade is made of JAC for RS.

I don't think that Marshall King is terrible either. He's just lacking the instincts developed through playing 9 long term. I'd love to sign a quality 9 that makes the right choices 95% of the time. But the list of available hookers isn't great. We'll rely on someone being released to get one that's close to the top tier in quality. So we'll either have to hope to get that instinctive 9 or help develop JMKs decision making process ahead of next year to ensure our attacking sets start well.

Barrett can hopefully improve our structures and the skills of our spine anyway.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also think jmk can benefit from two confident playmakers calling the shots. Flanagan will be more demanding than Lewis and burton will also know when he wants the ball. The decision making will be taken out of jmk hands.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you don't see him as anything more than a winger? Not a world class winger? Not a bloke who will bring confidence and enthusiasm?

I don't disagree with our greater need for a top #9 btw, but reality says sometimes you can't get what you want, when you want it. If the club has been in the ear of every likely #9 for 2021 and not getting any real interest, they'd probably be smart picking up some class that actually is on offer.
Doesn't matter, still a winger. If the club thinks he can be more than a winger then they better hope their scouting is bang on because we can't afford another DWZ while also already risking it with Cotric. One of Grant or Smith will be available, if we don't end up with either because we splashed our cap on JAC then I'll be fucking filthy. i'd rather deal with scraps on the wing than have to sit through another season of JMK or Katoa at hooker.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not sure that im happy to trade Remis. Remis is the best winger we've got. Big future ahead for him.
In the storm system yes he would as he can play off the back of elite players ... For us it doesn't work out as his work ethic on and off the ball is putrid.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. Addo-Carr
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
Would be ideal, however if we have to trade Smith and keep DWZ so be it... Would rather punt Dallin before Remis but don't risk losing Josh just do what Melbourne want to keep the peace

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hopoate
5. Addo-Carr
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
Would be ideal, however if we have to trade Smith and keep DWZ so be it... Would rather punt Dallin before Remis but don't risk losing Josh just do what Melbourne want to keep the peace
Wow that is a bankable backline ... IF only

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Trade Remis and get addo carr. Fucking get it done.

Smith is surely tempted as he clearly has a lot of talent and not the mental or surrounds to reach the next steps. He can go prove it and no doubt 3 years earn double like addo carr has.

Addo carr is a huge upgrade for us and with Smith going probably only 300k+ more.... give him a go at fullback. Flops back to worlds best winger. Kills it and we are Fucking exciting.

Doubt they want dwz. I’d cop smith going and hope Dwz sorts his shit at least for a year with Trent and an improved roster... if he has cotric and addo carr firing with him he might find that 2019 form which was outstanding....if not its still worth losing smith to get addo carr!

Worst case we finally have two star backs on Cotric and addo carr....

I still call him landing at bunnies somehow on the Fucking wing. Dunno how or what storm get. Surely they don’t want Roberts on his 600k...

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d still rather zelezniak. Smith is the best winger we have. Is great under the high ball. Can bring the ball out of our zone. And does have some speed if in open space. Also I think having him and Carr on opposite wings would motivate them to outdo each other.

Dumbest thing he did was wanting to play centre. Played himself out of form and now looks like out of the club.

Gotta love how professionally storm are. Kept him. Won a premiership and will get a handy replacement before letting him go.

All our dreams would come true if we could ship out zelezniak even if we chip in. His confidence is shot. His commitment seems questionable and his skill is just not there as a fullback. Yet he is on 650k a year.

Another guy We extended when not off contract And seems to be coming back to bite us in the behind.

Either way JAC would be a definite upgrade to what we have.
Agreed matey, DWZ needs to be the one gone and replaced with JAC ... imagine having Averillo, JAC, Meeney and Smith we would be the quickest club in the NRL and if we sign Burton and possibly Smith or Grant we will be a top 4 contender in no time ... UP the DOGGIES!!!!!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we do lose Smith in a trade for the fox, then should we go after Brent Naden??? He can play both winger and centre. He made a big difference coming of the bench for the Panthers in the Grand-final in fact the Panthers may have won if Naden started the game.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm don’t want DWZ. Bellamy can make Smith a star I see it already ! If we are lucky we can offload DWZ to tigers when they miss out on Fox they will be burning for a signing
Exactly mate! We should keep him, got all the attributes to be a top winger and bellamy will make him that at Storm, lets not strengthen them any further. Keep Smith and sign Addo Carr, fuck off DWZ who is on a big contract also!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Trade Remis and get addo carr. Fucking get it done.

Smith is surely tempted as he clearly has a lot of talent and not the mental or surrounds to reach the next steps. He can go prove it and no doubt 3 years earn double like addo carr has.

Addo carr is a huge upgrade for us and with Smith going probably only 300k+ more.... give him a go at fullback. Flops back to worlds best winger. Kills it and we are Fucking exciting.

Doubt they want dwz. I’d cop smith going and hope Dwz sorts his shit at least for a year with Trent and an improved roster... if he has cotric and addo carr firing with him he might find that 2019 form which was outstanding....if not its still worth losing smith to get addo carr!

Worst case we finally have two star backs on Cotric and addo carr....

I still call him landing at bunnies somehow on the Fucking wing. Dunno how or what storm get. Surely they don’t want Roberts on his 600k...
Yep it's what must be done, but honestly I'd hate a right edge of Cotric and DWZ... Dallin wouldn't complement Nick at all.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we do lose Smith in a trade for the fox, then should we go after Brent Naden??? He can play both winger and centre. He made a big difference coming of the bench for the Panthers in the Grand-final in fact the Panthers may have won if Naden started the game.
Not a bad idea. Addo-Carr would be good for someone like Naden