Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It’s not much. Says we are favourites but no quotes from anyone
Yeh i was wondering how we are favourites when he says he's not thinking about it till after the gf.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They must be looking to have a completely aboriginal backline
If that teenage sensation doesn't re sign with the rabbits that would also free up lots of money to sign ado carr...Bennett is a liar...ado carr will be a rabbit

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'd love him as he's a local (Earlwood) boy, but I reckon that he'll end up at the Tigers. Souths can't possibly justify fitting him under their cap as they're not losing any big names.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Definitely not a FB, just as Cotric aint a centre.

Though, would of rather spent 600k on JAC than Cotric. Cant have 2 wingers at 600k each

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Think it’s a bad buy if he’s going to play fullback. It’s a huge risk and great if it comes off but if it doesn’t it could be one of those crippling deals. He’s won comps at the Storm and coming back for family reasons apparently so how hungry will he be?
yeah I like the idea of him coming to us. Apparently there is still a lot of money up the sleeve in terms of salary cap space. I would play him at fullback and see how it goes. He is a high quality player and adds a lot of speed to the back line.

Plus we have Hopoate and Meaney who can also play fullback.

I'm just liking seeing the club starting to move forward with the squad.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'll take that risk that it works out with AC in the fullback role, worst case if we are trading DWZ for AC, I still think we come out as a winner even if AC moves to the wing. We are still paying DWZ fullback money.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Though, would of rather spent 600k on JAC than Cotric. Cant have 2 wingers at 600k each
So a 21 year old who played all his juniors at centre cant possibly make it as a centre?

Cotric will be fine at centre and we have upgraded from Holland for only an extra 100k according to the kennels favourite meth head

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The main issue any of us have with signing Josh is the concern about no longer having money available for a good #9, another prop, and a decent half. I don't see anyone who is outright against Josh as a player.

This is a genuine concern, there isn't much point to having a ~$3m backline if you aren't getting the ball out to them.

However a couple of things might mitigate this. If Josh does come to play FB, he is going to see plenty of ball, and if he is on the ball in the middle of the field he will be able to take advantage of half breaks and offloads. He could be Barba 2012. He could also be a complete flop at FB, but in footy you are always rolling the dice somewhat. At least with Josh if you end up with a rubbish FB you at least still have a world class winger.

The real key is how creative TBaz and team can get with using the players they end up with. If we can't land a top #9 our systems need to be developed accordingly.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah I like the idea of him coming to us. Apparently there is still a lot of money up the sleeve in terms of salary cap space. I would play him at fullback and see how it goes. He is a high quality player and adds a lot of speed to the back line.

Plus we have Hopoate and Meaney who can also play fullback.

I'm just liking seeing the club starting to move forward with the squad.
I would be more open to taking a punt on him at fullback if we hadn’t already done the same thing with DWZ. We re-signed DWZ on fullback money and it’s turned into a disaster of a contract. I’d love to somehow offload DWZ.

I think it’s a fair assumption to say DWZ and Cotric are on north of $500k then you add the Fox on that money too and it’s a lot of cap on what are essentially 3 wingers. Then we are hoping they have a successful position change to justify the cap space they take up. I’m fairly confident Cotric will be good at centre but Addo Carr could go either way.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He’s worth the gamble. If he kills it it’s an outstanding underpriced pick up. If he sucks he’s about 100k over what he’s worth on the best winger... no brainer

The dude is points in the bank every fucking game and not to mention can easily save them with that speed.

Cotric and addo carr to the backline and montoya and Holland out...

If we give storm someone like smith or Lewis it’s also making the cap work well.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cotric to be fair had been a centre before Addo Carr never a fullback

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather us put averillo at fullback, sign burton and flannagan and a gun hooker , makes our backline look much better

1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Flannagan

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather us put averillo at fullback, sign burton and flannagan and a gun hooker , makes our backline look much better

1. Averillo
2. Smith
3. Cotric
4. Hoppa
5. Okunbor
6. Burton
7. Flannagan
This and a quality 9 and we ll make massive progress next year

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s worth the gamble. If he kills it it’s an outstanding underpriced pick up. If he sucks he’s about 100k over what he’s worth on the best winger... no brainer
It’s a problem when you add in the DWZ deal and you have over a million invested in wingers. Sooner or later it will stop you from having cap space to buy or retain a spine player.