News Moves to oust board

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's fair. I have a similar feeling in regards to getting rid of Des for Pay (I throw a lot more blame on Dib). I think it's hard for morale reasons to keep someone like that, it wasn't a club first decision. For me, I give Lynn and the current board the benefit of the doubt until I know the roster for 2021. If it's underwhelming then I'll be against the current board too (If I believe the roster is good enough before a ball is kicked and we don't perform then I'll blame the players/coach). There are a lot of things that worry me. After the three years we've had I think it's time and was/is definitely possible to build a competitive roster for next year. I think by the end of next year the current boards fate will be revealed and will be acted upon at the next elections which I believe is in 2022. They can't buy too much more time, we need something to look forward to, roster and results.
Tbf to current board 2021 recruitment screwed also by ”so called power brokers “ approaching players and clubs that the board weren’t after , if you can rely on reports at the time

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
there needs to be an administrator appointment remove all people presently there, and have the right people engaged to run the club how it should be run
we are a laughing stock and failing on so many fronts all because of self interests

andersons and everything else need to be thrown in the bin, wipe all the so called dna bullshit and jobs for former players and families
The Anderson's and the DNA thing happened because of Hasler and his Manly Cronies came to our club for the money, milked it for all its was worth neglecting the Juniors (which was the pie eater's job), and did not have our club's best interest at heart. As a result many thought that we can only trust people who have at least some allegiance to our club.
All the adverse media reports has insured that many Administrators coaches and players would at least feel uncomfortable playing or working for our club.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that on him or Hasler? Having no juniors hasn’t hurt the Roosters because their senior recruitment and retention is on point
Dib delegated the job to Hasler and might I say Cleal and together they did the rest, it set us back 10 years. THE TRUTH IS THEY DID NOT GIVE DAM FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR CLUB, END OF STORY.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dib delegated the job to Hasler and might I say Cleal and together they did the rest, it set us back 10 years. THE TRUTH IS THEY DID NOT GIVE DAM FOR THE FUTURE OF OUR CLUB, END OF STORY.
Mate, Greenberg appointed Hasler in full control,
Dib sacked Cleal and six more of Hasler's people then stripped Hasler from full control
Trusting and then re-signing Hasler was solely his mistake.
He should have done what the three bulldogs greats Turvey, Peponis and Ba advised him to do !!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It is very disappointing to see some the Kennelers revert to racism as a way of expressing their point of view and are still not band, unfortunately six generations of Australians from Lebanese decent are still not excepted by some and are called wogs.
A o those people

Great combination
Be proud to be a wog, us wogs helped build this country.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Anderson's and the DNA thing happened because of Hasler and his Manly Cronies came to our club for the money, milked it for all its was worth neglecting the Juniors (which was the pie eater's job), and did not have our club's best interest at heart. As a result many thought that we can only trust people who have at least some allegiance to our club.
All the adverse media reports has insured that many Administrators coaches and players would at least feel uncomfortable playing or working for our club.
The DNA stuff was started by Ba and Turvey,
Based on the DNA thing Dean Pay was appointed as coach by Dib and the previous board
On the other hand what would you make of this ?
I knew a friend of the Hughes Family, prior to signing Hasler she said that the Hughes boys are against signing him, strangely enough their reasoning was "he doesn't fit our culture he is a surfie"
I laughed then thinking it was ridiculous, but since 2015 I have been crying.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Was that on him or Hasler? Having no juniors hasn’t hurt the Roosters because their senior recruitment and retention is on point
The roosters are very active in recruitment of 15 to 18s. They have little juniors but recruit and develop from and early age. They than keep them. Everyone thinks they buy for 1st grade, that can only happen when you have 7 to 8 players that you develop. You can than buy the 4top tier players. The Bulldogs need 15 top tier players because we didn't develop anyone. Juniors doesn't have to mean from Canterbury district but through the junior system.
Roosters from late 90s early 2000s have done a great job. Sharks , storm and Panthers do an awesome job. Before des destruction we were on that list. #Fuck des n bib.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The roosters are very active in recruitment of 15 to 18s. They have little juniors but recruit and develop from and early age. They than keep them. Everyone thinks they buy for 1st grade, that can only happen when you have 7 to 8 players that you develop. You can than buy the 4top tier players. The Bulldogs need 15 top tier players because we didn't develop anyone. Juniors doesn't have to mean from Canterbury district but through the junior system.
Roosters from late 90s early 2000s have done a great job. Sharks , storm and Panthers do an awesome job. Before des destruction we were on that list. #Fuck des n bib.
We weren’t that great. Hasler @ Dib at least got us to 2 grand finals. How many did we get to in the golden years that you’re describing?
The reality is we were in a hole and really needed the people who put us there to get us out. The new board are all in on the Barrett hire to fix our fortunes. Let’s hope he gets the support and structure he needs to be successful

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Foundation for spoons. They have laid it again.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
100%, people ignore the fact that whilst they have probably the smallest junior catchment the roosters do a very good job in scouting kids from a young age and bringing them through Mats, SG Ball, and Flegg, in recent years alone they've developed players like Latrell, Manu, Crichton, Lam, Watson, Tupounuia, Radley, Cordner, Napa and Kane Evans.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We weren’t that great. Hasler @ Dib at least got us to 2 grand finals. How many did we get to in the golden years that you’re describing?
The reality is we were in a hole and really needed the people who put us there to get us out. The new board are all in on the Barrett hire to fix our fortunes. Let’s hope he gets the support and structure he needs to be successful
The players we had come in 2011 , 2012. Jackson,reynolds Finucane, kasiano, Barba, lafai, Idris taupau, skudder(all black). All come through, keep that system and we.would be better position no doubt.
All 3 grades in 2012 gf isn't hasler.or dib, its the system it's Kevin Moore, Steve folks and all other coaches and recruiting. Des killed all that and dib rubber stamped it

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The players we had come in 2011 , 2012. Jackson,reynolds Finucane, kasiano, Barba, lafai, Idris taupau, skudder(all black). All come through, keep that system and we.would be better position no doubt.
Agreed, and how many players came in via Cleal and Hasler that helped get us in the GF in 12 and 14? SheRex?

Instead we saw Cooke, Finucane, TapouEnnis and Idris all let go or leave under thier watch. Biggest mistake ever letting the Brookvale disease into our club.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All 3 grades in 2012 gf isn't hasler.or dib, its the system it's Kevin Moore, Steve folks and all other coaches and recruiting. Des killed all that and dib rubber stamped it
How many grand finals did we win under Folkes and Moore?
The reality is that this club should have a lot more premierships. I don’t know why we should be looking at the last 30 years as anything but missed opportunities. No era really delivered on it’s potential and I’m definitely not seeing Folkes/Moore that much better than the Hasler era

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
2004 we win look at the players who come through the system. 1995 look at the players who come through. 2012 we make the gf look at the players we developed. You don't buy a gf you need development.. Des inherited a great squad through development.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Biggest mistake ever letting the Brookvale disease into our club.
And with Foran exiting thankfully that chapter will close. I don’t consider Baz to have Beagle-itis, he just happened to earn a quid for a while at Crookvale and got the hell out of Dodge when he opened his eyes - even leaving his plastic chairs in that club - the Proctologist’s dream :-).

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
How many grand finals did we win under Folkes and Moore?
The reality is that this club should have a lot more premierships. I don’t know why we should be looking at the last 30 years as anything but missed opportunities. No era really delivered on it’s potential and I’m definitely not seeing Folkes/Moore that much better than the Hasler era
Are you serious..
Fmd no need to continue this discussion..