News Moves to oust board

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair comment - though many here ended up with big hate for TG too! Sigh: it’s exhausting :-). All I can say as a voting member I have not been approached about anything nor seen any evidence of a ‘document’ or anything to do with an EGM. Without question there’s a lot of ego driven crap going on right now and the sooner that ends the better but there also appears to be a lot of hot air... Bueller?
I don't have a pro-Dib or anti-Anderson agenda, I just want to see this club succeed and like it or not I think we need to understand that it all starts in the front office. Thank you for also keeping us in the loop with the information that comes to you as a voting member. I can't wait for the day where we are creating posts and replying to one another with positive remarks about the Bulldogs on and off the field.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 to 2006 we should have won a couple . 2012 to 2015 with the right coach prob won 1 but the game was changing but the coaching at the dogs didn't. Don't forget until last year no one win back to back. Melb has been a power club for 15 years and they didn't go back to back. Folksy did it with a super team, majority was developed or recruited prior to being a superstar. They become stars here. Anyway to compare des era and have it with the folksy era is wrong. We won a gf with folks made another 1, should have won 1 or 2 more not for circumstances but he had kids , we developed and recruited the right piece. And would always be there abouts. Apart from 2012 we we all know Hasler had fuck all to do with style and development he was a fail. 2014 was a fluke .
With the right coach? Don’t underestimate what Hasler did for us.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't have a pro-Dib or anti-Anderson agenda, I just want to see this club succeed
Agree - and have learned from and not repeat the mistakes of the past.
I can't wait for the day where we are creating posts and replying to one another with positive remarks about the Bulldogs on and off the field.
99.9% of Kennellers including me would agree with this mate. Hopefully 2021 is the start of happier times on the field, in the front office and on the forum. After the garbage that 2020 has dished up with the footy and the Rona one can only hope :-).

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dib is the reason why we're in this mess now. He gambled with us and the club by assuming the salary cap would increase by X amount before it was official to get a competitive advantage. We were close to winning two grand finals but we started to slip towards the end. What he did beforehand doesn't matter. Yes, he brought in some of my favourite players ever to play for the club, but he's also the reason why they're all gone now. It's a massive job turning this club and team around now. We've also just gone through three years of hell.
Still blaming dib wow thats clutching at straws ,lyn was shit at titans and doing a shit job now

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2002 to 2006 we should have won a couple . 2012 to 2015 with the right coach prob won 1 but the game was changing but the coaching at the dogs didn't. Don't forget until last year no one win back to back. Melb has been a power club for 15 years and they didn't go back to back. Folksy did it with a super team, majority was developed or recruited prior to being a superstar. They become stars here. Anyway to compare des era and have it with the folksy era is wrong. We won a gf with folks made another 1, should have won 1 or 2 more not for circumstances but he had kids , we developed and recruited the right piece. And would always be there abouts. Apart from 2012 we we all know Hasler had fuck all to do with style and development he was a fail. 2014 was a fluke .
We drastically underachieved under Folkes. With the teams he had we should have won multiple titles. 1 title in a decade shouldn’t be good enough.

I’m just not buying your narrative that we were so great before Hasler came. I stand by the hat I said. The club hasn’t really delivered on its promise since the 80’s and we are only slightly better than Parra thanks to those 2 titles.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
How many grand finals did we win under Folkes and Moore?
The reality is that this club should have a lot more premierships. I don’t know why we should be looking at the last 30 years as anything but missed opportunities. No era really delivered on it’s potential and I’m definitely not seeing Folkes/Moore that much better than the Hasler era
we won a grand final, made another grand final and 3 more preliminary finals, in 12 years that is ok especially when we are caught salary cap cheating and the others arent or arent until a few years later

2006 brisbane broncos preliminary final team

Hunt
Boyd
Hodges
Stagg
Tate
Lockyer
Perry
Webke
Berrigan
Civoniceva
Thaiday
Thorn
Carroll

Parker
Carlaw
Hannant
McGuire

9 state of origin players and webcke who retired from representative, so we were playing a state of origin team almost and they also got a bullshit call on their first try, we were reduced to 16 men, dont act like this is an easy situation

Melbourne Storm and the incredible coach were cheating the salary cap and they couldnt beat them, my theory is brisbane were cheating the salary cap by even more but werent caught because brisbane is a big deal for the nrl, the whole city of brisbane loves them, they are too big to fail

when we cheated the cap to get a little closer to the brisbane/roosters cheating we destroyed the competition and got caught, that 2002 roster is not as impressive as brisbane at all, brisbane even brought Langer back that year but we were the runaway leaders

Folkes is much better than Hasler, Moore is even better than Hasler, all the decisions under moore was correct, most of the decisions under hasler were not only wrong but criminally wrong

Reactions: DDR

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
We drastically underachieved under Folkes. With the teams he had we should have won multiple titles. 1 title in a decade shouldn’t be good enough.

I’m just not buying your narrative that we were so great before Hasler came. I stand by the hat I said. The club hasn’t really delivered on its promise since the 80’s and we are only slightly better than Parra thanks to those 2 titles.
we are only slightly better than Parra because Greenberg and Hasler ruined our culture

Ennis replaced by Lichaa, Lichaa kept in the squad over Cook, Trex brought into the team, Pritchard let go, Finucane etc

Folkes would never make these crazy decisions, in fact he probably had a heart attack thinking about it

Thurston was let go in the great salary cap squeeze of 2003-2006, this doesnt count as a decision

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score

We did under achieve . Prob should have had 3 titles form 2002 to 2006 but injuries played a part and nrl pinned us in 02. It was still successful era with folks. We were never a bottom team , always there abouts.. handlers walked into a great squad added an expensive cherry on top , sprinkled a bit of a game plan, invested in the dead wood while passing on Munster, Mitchell and God knows who else, just to get a pass mark. If you still think Hasler and folks era is equal you are delusional. Folks built the club for Hasler to destroy it.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We did under achieve . Prob should have had 3 titles form 2002 to 2006 but injuries played a part and nrl pinned us in 02. It was still successful era with folks. We were never a bottom team , always there abouts.. handlers walked into a great squad added an expensive cherry on top , sprinkled a bit of a game plan, invested in the dead wood while passing on Munster, Mitchell and God knows who else, just to get a pass mark. If you still think Hasler and folks era is equal you are delusional. Folks built the club for Hasler to destroy it.
See the thing is I’m saying both eras underachieved. You can say Hasler burnt the house down but it wasn’t that great to begin with

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
See the thing is I’m saying both eras underachieved. You can say Hasler burnt the house down but it wasn’t that great to begin with
Agreed towards the end of folks era we were on the decline, but can't forget what he done previous and the teams the dogs took on in those years would easily dominate now. Hasler era was an easier era and had a great base to start with here and what we achieved under him was miniscule compared to folksy.

A

Alexander the Great

Can anyone confirm that Khal Asfour has been linked to the rival ticket?apparently spotted today with dogs powerbrokers at Canterbury leagues club.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that Khal Asfour has been linked to the rival ticket?apparently spotted today with dogs powerbrokers at Canterbury leagues club.
Could be trying to come up with a Back to Belmore upgrade seeing he is the Mayor. The board trying to look good. Like when a politician kisses a baby during an election campaign.

A

Alexander the Great

Could be trying to come up with a Back to Belmore upgrade seeing he is the Mayor. The board trying to look good. Like when a politician kisses a baby during an election campaign.
Yeah that makes sense I suppose.