Opinion Jake Averillo

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Early signs are good.

Let’s not forget this was his first game playing 6 in FG. Provides much needed attacking spark but it’s obvious that fatigue took its toll on him tonight.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like you do Thompson?
Thompson has 150+ games of experience + internationals and is on a massive contract. Averillo is a kid of fuck all coming through the grades that has plenty to work on. Big money = big responsibility. Maybe if our fucking big money signings actually provided value then Jake wouldn't have so much pressure on him and he could actually develop and improve areas of his game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And while we're fucking at it @DinkumDog dog, let's talk about Harper. Kid was on fuck all with us, a junior and captain of the lower grades. Many of us said he was our best option at centre yet he didn't even get a look in. Big money dud in DWZ, Smith the experiment, Holland, Montoya, etc..fuck what an amazing call it was by our board to allow this to happen.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He'll fix his defence. That's easy enough to address. He also made a few good tackles.

He showed class and ability in attack that no one else in the squad possesses and people want to focus on the negatives?

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thompson has 150+ games of experience + internationals and is on a massive contract. Averillo is a kid of fuck all coming through the grades that has plenty to work on. Big money = big responsibility. Maybe if our fucking big money signings actually provided value then Jake wouldn't have so much pressure on him and he could actually develop and improve areas of his game.
Thompson is not on a massive contract this year despite the belief he is. You need to get past that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And while we're fucking at it @DinkumDog dog, let's talk about Harper. Kid was on fuck all with us, a junior and captain of the lower grades. Many of us said he was our best option at centre yet he didn't even get a look in. Big money dud in DWZ, Smith the experiment, Holland, Montoya, etc..fuck what an amazing call it was by our board to allow this to happen.
That’s not the board that’s the coach.
He asked for a release and was granted one.
Hence Lafai brought in. And I agree and posted earlier this year I’d like to see Harper get a go - why not - don’t know - but not a board decision.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That’s not the board that’s the coach.
He asked for a release and was granted one.
Hence Lafai brought in. And I agree and posted earlier this year I’d like to see Harper get a go - why not - don’t know - but not a board decision.
Lol turn it up. All this shit has happened under the boards watch, twist it as much as you want.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Lol turn it up. All this shit has happened under the boards watch, twist it as much as you want.
Twist what - facts?
You’re the SuperCoach with all the answers, you should know that the coach heads the footy department under the Head of Football (ie: reports to Price). The board do not get involved in week to week selections, but they do get involved when a player such as Harper requests a release and has to be replaced. Blame Price, blame Pay, blame SG, blame Antonelli - but it’s not on the board.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did you see Toomaga today?

I said it when the criticism first started for Thompson. They use him wrong AND Tolman JMK and the rest guve him shit ball. Plus he runs decoys all day long for the likes of Tolman to get the ball.

So what do you see today? Exactly that, but this time Toomaga is on the end of it. 61 pathetic metres. And running decoys all day so JMK can pass to his mates. The exact same thing that happens when Thompson plays.

You're written Thompson off WAY to early.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did you see Toomaga today?

I said it when the criticism first started for Thompson. They use him wrong AND Tolman JMK and the rest guve him shit ball. Plus he runs decoys all day long for the likes of Tolman to get the ball.

So what do you see today? Exactly that, but this time Toomaga is on the end of it. 61 pathetic metres. And running decoys all day so JMK can pass to his mates. The exact same thing that happens when Thompson plays.

You're written Thompson off WAY to early.
Is To'omaga on a multi-million dollar contract?

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He made some good front on tackles & missed some easy ones. He will need to bulk-up & work on his defence in the off season.
The plus is he is a natural footballer. Takes the ball at speed, good passing game, good vision, a good step & looks to have a good kicking game. Under Barrett will see a much better & consistent player next year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who cares?

The point is IN THIS SYSTEM NEITHER are allowed to play the way they should be played.
I care. This sport operates under a salary cap and as a result players on big coin simply need to deliver if your side is going to be successful. I know Thompson isn't being utilised in the best role possible and that goes for so many in the squad...but like I said, I don't care..big money = big responsibility.

If Thompson makes me eat my words then great, because we fucking need it as a club. But as is right now he looks dead average. No strength, no late footwork, no offload.. boring.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I care. This sport operates under a salary cap and as a result players on big coin simply need to deliver if your side is going to be successful. I know Thompson isn't being utilised in the best role possible and that goes for so many in the squad...but like I said, I don't care..big money = big responsibility.

If Thompson makes me eat my words then great, because we fucking need it as a club. But as is right now he looks dead average. No strength, no late footwork, no offload.. boring.
He looks dead average because he is in this team. Just like Toomaga looked absolute dogs hit today. Guess what? If we signed AFB to a big contract hed look shit playing behind Tolman, off JMK and all the rest of the crew that get the ball, too.

There's a reason why your favorite coach said what he said about him, because he's good.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He looks dead average because he is in this team. Just like Toomaga looked absolute dogs hit today. Guess what? If we signed AFB to a big contract hed look shit playing behind Tolman, off JMK and all the rest of the crew that get the ball, too.

There's a reason why your favorite coach said what he said about him, because he's good.
A player on that money isn't allowed to look average (for any reason)... the only way we get out of this mess is to buy players that're going to revitalise the team...