Official Round 18 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I read an article in the Telegraph a few weeks back when Hoppa was returning from injury. In that article Hoppa was quoted as saying he prefers to play FB and wants to continue in that role. So it’s pointless saying he should be in the centre’s when he’s said he has referees playing FB and to be honest he hasn’t done anything to say he should be declared playing in another position. So we can put to bed who’s are long term FB if he remains injury free.
Should be fun watching him chase down the breaks with that pace of his..... Has he ever actually caught somebody who’s made a break 30 out or more ? Seems to get rounded easy sadly

Reactions: GDR

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney can't do any hard yards. So he stays on the wing.
The wingers should be the ones who do the work of the forwards when the forward are coming back to join the play. Meany is best suited at FB, he has some attributes for a FB, he is fast but not big or strong enough to even try to do the work of the forwards
But in our team of our wingers, DWZ might try to do it if he is on, Smith doesn't like doing it because he wants to play centre, and with Okunbor you never know. SO THAT IS ABOUT IT.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should be fun watching him chase down the breaks with that pace of his..... Has he ever actually caught somebody who’s made a break 30 out or more ? Seems to get rounded easy sadly
Yeah he is also shocking in getting to kicks behind the line .. he has no speed or anticipation.. people don't realize how bad his lack of speed and poor positioning in defence really is..

on talkin sport, Tunksy keeps saying doueihi is to slow to play fullback... Hoppa makes doueihi seem like usain bolt..

Hoppa needs to be centre or moved on.. not a fullback

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This backline could score 3-4 trys but could easily let in 8 or 9 trys.
It's a lose lose every week
With our only real attacking threat out injured I’m not too sure I hope I’m wrong this team seems lost without Foran it’s abit of a worry

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My dream team :grinning:
1 Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Lewis
4 Hopoate
5 Okunbor
6 Averillo
7 Cogger
8 Tolman
9 JMK
10 Ogden
11 RFM
12 Jackson
13 Thompson

14 Wakeham
15 To'omaga
16 Coorey
17 Sue

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My dream team :grinning:
1 Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Lewis
4 Hopoate
5 Okunbor
6 Averillo
7 Cogger
8 Tolman
9 JMK
10 Ogden
11 RFM
12 Jackson
13 Thompson

14 Wakeham
15 To'omaga
16 Coorey
17 Sue
No 16 lol

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mr know it all,for and against shoots,your statement,where it belongs in the dunny,
What are you talking about?
I'm talking about the team named for Friday. Tissue paper thin defence will be exposed.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I watched Avo play 6 in CC this year and he didn't get any ball because Cogger got 95% of it. I don't know if that was by design or whether Cogger was overruling him but he hardly touched the ball. In the limited time he played at 6 on the weekend the same thing happened with Lewis (who is even more of a hog).

Avo needs to grow some balls and find his big boy voice and tell the prince to get his fucking hands off the ball. The only people that want to see Lewis hog the ball again are Manly fans and Broncos fans - because if he does we will lose. The more Avo touches the ball the more likely we'll be to do something in attack
I watched him play 6 this year and he scored a try and set up 2 ?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Meaney and Smith on one side is a safe combination under the high ball. On the other side
DWZ and Okunbor<Edward scissorhands.
Smith will be inside Okunbor on the right which is his preferred side, Dwz inside Meaney