Canterbury Bulldogs internal review into horror 2020 NRL season

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regardless of the players we're able to bring in, we need to get the coaching and conditioning staff right. Even if we have some of the same players able to improve modestly it helps.

The skills players have are valuable. But when skills let you down it's very important that the whole team is farking fit. I'm tired of seeing the fade outs in the second half. And much of it in my opinion is that once fatigue sets in, the errors both defensively and offensively become more frequent. I'd almost regard our next strength and conditioning staff on par with a better hooker as far as priorities go. Without disrespecting Grimaldi and Harry Harris, they've dropped the ball.

I've got no idea what players we'll pick up. Our opponents aren't obliged to release anyone on our hit list.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All right, which Kenneler works for News Corp?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grimaldi and Harris were ready for replacement years ago, Harris went them came back...Grimaldi service to the club has been without question but service and results are two different things.
Change everything now because it has been the pits for waaaaaay too long
Regardless of the players we're able to bring in, we need to get the coaching and conditioning staff right. Even if we have some of the same players able to improve modestly it helps.

The skills players have are valuable. But when skills let you down it's very important that the whole team is farking fit. I'm tired of seeing the fade outs in the second half. And much of it in my opinion is that once fatigue sets in, the errors both defensively and offensively become more frequent. I'd almost regard our next strength and conditioning staff on par with a better hooker as far as priorities go. Without disrespecting Grimaldi and Harry Harris, they've dropped the ball.

I've got no idea what players we'll pick up. Our opponents aren't obliged to release anyone on our hit list.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did they forgot to do a review the previous year or what?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This article looks like it has lifted all its information off the Kennel.
It is actually a rehash of an earlier article the fact free Telegraph ran, and was commented upon at length.
They still haven't corrected the bit about us winning three games this year - unless they know something about today's game with the Titans.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hard to argue with the review. The biggest point is that the playing group are basically mediocre.

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would rather Hetherington (if he can be pried from the Panthers) than Ofahengaue.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would rather Hetherington (if he can be pried from the Panthers) than Ofahengaue.
Hetherington is dead average. I'd take an experienced Tamou over him any day or hold out for AFB is the rumours are true. No more of these average squad players...we need real impact and experience through the middle.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our management are learning as they go...
They should have been awhere of the problems from Pay's first year as a coach, the writing was on the wall
In the second year Pay nearly lost his job to Ben Anderson ( fact ) then to complicate things they back-flipped on the idea and extended his contract
That's where our problems got worse, I have always insisted that the management and the the players should have known if Pay was the man for the job, by not making the executive decision then we suffer the consequences now , more delays to rebuild !
I dearly hope we do not suffer for much longer...I have had enough, haven't you ?

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How have we only got 1.5m left of the apparent 3m???

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our management are learning as they go...
They should have been awhere of the problems from Pay's first year as a coach, the writing was on the wall
In the second year Pay nearly lost his job to Ben Anderson ( fact ) then to complicate things they back-flipped on the idea and extended his contract
That's where our problems got worse, I have always insisted that the management and the the players should have known if Pay was the man for the job, by not making the executive decision then we suffer the consequences now , more delays to rebuild !
I dearly hope we do not suffer for much longer...I have had enough, haven't you ?
This review, as honest as it is, should never had been made public until the end of season. Seriously what was it going to prove to the fans? That the players would their fingers out for today's game or prove what we already knew? Poor timing! The board clearly fed this monster which was created by the previous mob. Inept player and management decision's on all levels. One can only hope we learn from our stupidity and do things better on every level from juniors through to our operating systems.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typically, the review found everyone shared the blamed for the team’s performance with the exception of the current Board, who would have guessed.

With allegedly $1.5 to spend and a new coach the Board can no longer hide. Winning is the only key performance indicator the fans agree with.

Ms Anderson and Co, you are on notice.
You honestly believe we only have 1.5m to spend? Surely that’s a load of BS....there is still a lot of dead wood to clear....and Stephen Crichton is someone we should try to nab

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
*TWO WINS... this article fucked up so bad! please get your facts right. jesus. how embaressing!

Also Carrigan YES PLEASE! all day over Ofahengaue. Theres a reason hes been given the captains armband! And hes shown so really good touches. similar to Jake turbo. But brisbane will let go of the worse one of those two all day.