Official Round 17 - Bulldogs vs Titans - Discussion Thread

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep seeing people use the excuse that we don’t have anyone to replace players who should be dropped.

That excuse is useless when players aren’t even playing in their proper positions.

A simple shuffling of players would be:

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Ogden
9. JMK
10. Tolman
11. Doorey
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. To’omaga
16. Napa
17. Thompson

This would probably give us a better chance at winning games.
I agree

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing people use the excuse that we don’t have anyone to replace players who should be dropped.

That excuse is useless when players aren’t even playing in their proper positions.

A simple shuffling of players would be:

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Ogden
9. JMK
10. Tolman
11. Doorey
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. To’omaga
16. Napa
17. Thompson

This would probably give us a better chance at winning games.
Remove Lewis and tolman out of that side and I totally agree with you.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard Nasheed was the new assistant coach to Georgallis and thats why we have Holland, Montoya and Tolman in the 17. He's still trying to convince Stevie boy to play Averillo at hooker and DWZ at prop cause he runs hard. He's also pushing for Lewis to be our new captain and Napa as VC.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahhhhh Lewis, Dean pays gift that just keeps on giving.
Man so would have thought at the start of the year that the titans would be a big chance of putting a cricket score on us, well coached side on the up, should have been us.......

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see us winning titans going good and we struggle against them anyway

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not watching any more games refereed by one of the Sutton Brothers until a miracle happens and we win a game under their control. It is like watching the Aussie cricket team trying to win a test match in Pakistan with 2 Pakistani umpires.
Gold Coast were pretty good last week particularly in defence.
Our record of 2 from 9 under c sutton will be 2 out of 10 on saturday.
Is he referee for us again this week? Fucking kill me
Referee - Chris Sutton = FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

came in to say C Sutton ... glad I had a read first to find some kennelers on the same page. We aren't winning on Saturday!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I fully understand the feeling of members who disagree with the team selections.
However, just who do we have of sufficient quality to fill in?
This team is mediocre. Shuffling the players will achieve very little.
I'd do a backline shuffle with Meaney going to #1 Smith taking his wing and Lafai and Hoppa into the centres. Lewis would also make way for Cogger.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
came in to say C Sutton ... glad I had a read first to find some kennelers on the same page. We aren't winning on Saturday!
Well we did need a miracle anyway ...but now with a ref we never win with....Lazarus on a triple bypass.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Lafai
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Ogden
9. JMK
10. To’omaga
11. Doorey
12. RFM
13. Thompson

14. Averillo
15. Jackson
16. Napa
17. C Smith

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Lafai
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Ogden
9. JMK
10. To’omaga
11. Doorey
12. RFM
13. Thompson

14. Averillo
15. Jackson
16. Napa
17. C Smith
I like it, except I would switch Jackson to lock and move Thompson to the bench bring Tolman back to starting prop and drop Ogden to the bench dropping C Smith. Rotation would be to give Jacko the first 20 mins of each half swapping with Thompson and the same or there about's with Ogden coming on for the second 20 in the 1st half ang again at the back end of the game. Avo can cover JMK and both halves.

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Lafai
4. Hopoate
5. DWZ
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10.To’omaga
11. Doorey
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Averillo
15. Thompson
16. Napa
17. Ogden

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance our good friends at the Titans assert their dominance over “big brother” by helping us out with a win, pushing Broncos to the bottom of the ladder?
Come on titans get onboard
We can only hope. I’d only wished we held off signing Barrett as soon as we did Holbrook was then signed to a long term deal with the Titans as his current contract was due to expire this year. He was a local back in his junior days having come through the Milpera Colts. Has been successful in the Super League with St Helens and his signing has seen some BIG name signings for next season, none moreso than David Fafita. Herman Ese’ese from the Knights has also signed with them on a 2 year deal along with ex Bulldog and Tigers winger/fullback in Corey Thompson. Know of some ex NRL players who were coached by Holbrook at St Helens say that he’s the best coach they’ve played under and one of those players won a NRL GF a few years back.