News PANTHERS LIKELY TO LOSE BURTON + BARRET NOT OFFERING TOLMAN A CONTRACT

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d suggest it’ll be a matter of cap pressure for the Pennies, not change of mind. Translation: they may not have a choice, depending on who else they want to keep/upgrade. You can’t keep ‘em all and fortunately we’re now in a position to swoop having spent three years in purgatory.
Good point. When you win the comp, it puts your cap under pressure (unless you're the Roosters) so if they win the comp this year, they may have to pay out bonuses to the players or be forced to upgrade some of the fringe players which may result in them opting to let Burton go to ease salary cap pressures.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Receiving you loud and clear mate!
It’s nice to see the light at the end of the long dark tunnel isn’t the train coming the other way :-). As for the grey, well, no comment :fearscream:.
We are on the XTP with no stops or hiccups anymore.
Full throttle to success in the not too far distant future.
All jokes aside I am genuinely excited and confident with TB at the helm next year and a new roster.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are on the XTP with no stops or hiccups anymore.
Full throttle to success in the not too far distant future.
All jokes aside I am genuinely excited and confident with TB at the helm next year and a new roster.
I think we will do better next year, but I am not over excited yet. We are going to have to pay overs to get talent here as who would want to play for a wooden spoon club. I hope we are lucky enough to jag someone good on the rebound.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let all the talk be about Burton, that's good - Then on November 1 Announce Jarome Laui as our long term 7 to play along side Burton at 6.
We'll see how Ivan likes them Apples.
Ivan, your karma from your back door exit at the Tigers is about to dawn on you!!!

Last edited:

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if we signed him for 2022 onwards, the chance we could get him earlier would be pretty strong, especially if penrith get injuries in other positions and need filled, release burton early then sign someone they need more

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His manager would definitely be pushing him to sign with the Dogs on bigger money and seek an early release. The sooner Burton starts with us the sooner the manager gets his commission. Doesn't make sense to play reserve grade or NOT AT ALL when he could be playing first grade with us and under familiar Trent Barrett. Whether the Panthers let him or not depends on if they need salary cap room for other players and if they feel they can do without him as back up obviously. I don't watch Panthers games or know much about their current squad but if they go deep into the finals or better this year you'd think they'll have to be upgrading a few players which would work to our advantage.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those three years have felt like 10 lol
I just think thank goodness this mess is nearly behind us and we can move on.
Really can’t take too much more to be honest.
Starting to go grey !
Went beyond that - I'm white haired now.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy to get Burton next year, just give them Lewis in return
Lewis is a good human with 50 games under his belt. :grinning:
We're giving him away. I'll need to process the pain.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll be glad to not have to hear the name Tolman mentioned in our team after this season. Nothing against the guy, but he infuriates me to no end when we are in the attacking zone and he nullifies a tackle or gets in the way. STAY THE FUCK OUT OF THE PLAY!!