Opinion Must Haves 2021

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) No - Papalii is the best front rower in the game and Ricky Stuart knows it and is VERY unlikely to let him go

2) No The Dragons will punt Norman at the end of the season which frees up McInnes to be the starting No. 9

3) No - Bird has done 3 ACLS in the last 3 seasons so very unlikely his injuries are over

4) No - Because he is a loose cannon and his attitude will not fit into the culture we are trying to build, the last thing the Dogs need is a dickhead on too much $$$

end of story!
1) the Raiders have signed Ryan James they have horsbrough,Sutton, Topine,Guler, Soliola & Lui at least as their middle forwards.
Papalii won’t be at the Raiders 2021.

2) Norman???? will go to the Uk, Widdop returning.
You do realise Norman is not a hooker, Ben Hunt is on the big coin & will get priority .

3) as I said IF Bird passes all medical tests including his Rheumatoid Arthritis. Would come cheap as Broncos need to free up cap space would pay at least 50% freight.

4) the Bulldogs culture? The one that has them at the bottom end of the competition for the past 3 years? We are talking about rugby league players, not ballet dancers, a bit of dickhead comes with the territory. This plis where good leadership is vital, from the Board, GM of Football, the leadership group & more importantly the coach, like Bellamy & Stuart have managed him.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Strong mail re that gildhart centre from England
Down to the warriors or bulldogs

surely the uncertainty around the warriors and where they will be based would swing it in the bulldogs favour.

also heard reimis is being shopped around to Melbourne and tigers
I don't want anymore Pommy Frauds

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are about to re-name Canberra Stadium after Papa lol. He is not going anywhere.

Issac Luke plays for the Broncos now.
Issac Luke is at the Broncos now was at the Dragons start of this season

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can we even afford Papalii after buying Thompson?

HippDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dunno why you have got in your head that papalli is leaving!! He is their marquee forward
soliola is off contract and probably retire
The other fellas you named eg lui and Bateman are bench forwards at best
and horsbrough and guler still developing

Papalli
Hodgson
James
Chn
Whitehead
Tapine

Reserves
Havilli
Horsbrough
Guler
Young

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Gus Gould that the wy forward is not to keep trying to buy a team but to invest in a junior development system. Get them contributing in the team when they are in their prime and not overpriced. A key component of this is being able to pick the right type of person who can develop as a footballer. This talent has sadly been lost at the dogs and needs to be found. Yes Sonny Bill walked out when under contract but we got the benefit of him for a few good seasons before certain people got in his ear chasing money. And one has to remember the turmoil the club was in at the time following the Stardome salary cap fiasco. There are some good pups coming through . I would rather concentrate on identifying and getting rid of all the brainless players in the current squad taking up resources. Three years obviously wasted with Pay.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Strong mail re that gildhart centre from England
Down to the warriors or bulldogs

surely the uncertainty around the warriors and where they will be based would swing it in the bulldogs favour.

also heard reimis is being shopped around to Melbourne and tigers
If Reimis is being shopped, and given Melb want a replacement player, it might be for JAC. Maybe they can take Montoya as well. Just in case.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
You'd be silly to shed Jack Cogger, he won't cost much, and I'm not expecting him to be a starter, but he does provide depth and competence on the field, which is what you want when injuries occur.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly don’t get the pursuit of Bird. Even injuries aside the guy suffers chronic Arthritis. How can he be a long term option when firstly he has barely played in recent years. And even when fully fit can’t train. He is a worst version of Foran. And Atleast with Foran he will rehab and train the house down.

Not interested in him even at half price.

We do need a long term fullback. A crafty halfback. A support 5/8 (could be either averillo or wakeman) a top line hooker. And 1 more prop leader. Napa doesn’t have “it” tolman is done. And Thompson is very undersized to be used as a bettering ram.

If we have Lewis, Holland, Montoya, Marshall king, tolman starting in any games next year we will not be building towards anything bigger and better. Will be much the same as the last 4 years. Quicker the deadwood go and we get decent first graders or up and coming juniors the better it is for the clubs long term success.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno why you have got in your head that papalli is leaving!! He is their marquee forward
soliola is off contract and probably retire
The other fellas you named eg lui and Bateman are bench forwards at best
and horsbrough and guler still developing

Papalli
Hodgson
James
Chn
Whitehead
Tapine

Reserves
Havilli
Horsbrough
Guler
Young
The Bulldogs made enquires via his manager a month ago, the offer was knocked back. He won’t leave the Raiders for less than $1mil.
Enter the Broncos after their fire sale.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Gildart (at the right price) - looks like a skillful player. We'd finally have 2 strike centers.
If its between us and the warriors, I think we'll get him due to Thommo and Barrett.
Love the Remis news. I'd add DWZ and Lewis to that list
I may be wrong but the club doesn’t see a need for both reimis and dwz now that cotric and hoppa are signed for 3 years plus

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Asiata was going to tities until they landed fiftia.
Also got ese ese and that big unit from the storm
Yes I agree with u but wouldn’t Asiata go there as a ball playing lock
Fifita will play edge and Ese’ese up front at prop
They’re losing arrow, boyd, Cartwright, pests, Ryan James, and meat head Wallace I think to the dragons

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I agree with u but wouldn’t Asiata go there as a ball playing lock
Fifita will play edge and Ese’ese up front at prop
They’re losing arrow, boyd, Cartwright, pests, Ryan James, and meat head Wallace I think to the dragons
Asiata will most likely sign with the Dragons as replacement for Frizell

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'd be silly to shed Jack Cogger, he won't cost much, and I'm not expecting him to be a starter, but he does provide depth and competence on the field, which is what you want when injuries occur.
But we already have 2 average halves under contract for next year in Lewis and Wakeham. Do we need 3 ? We'd be better off signing at least 1 running half like Jai Field. Lewis, Wakeham and Cogger are no real threat to breaking the line. With the threat posed by a running half opposing defenders wouldn't close in on Foran so quick so he'd have more time to ball play

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Tonight I learn Andrew Farrar was the one that kept Cook out of first grade according to OP

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So many potential targets and we blow 800k on Thompson. Fucking shambles. Tpj, jdb, tamou, McLean and jesse Bromwich are just the middle fowards that are off contract. That's not including contracting players who teams may what too offload. The 5 i mentioned are way better then Thompson.

Then we have other positions that we may need the money for. Tpj is on 650 and jdb is on 600 both a million times better then Thompson and 100-150k cheaper. That extra money could have been used to fix other positions.

Brandon Smith faniau Harry grant luke Brooks Burton just to name a few spine players that might be available. But we sign "the games best prop" Thompson instead. It's laughable. Thank fuck Barrett sack the entire coaching staff. Hopefully the entire recruitment team gets sacked also.

Last edited:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But we already have 2 average halves under contract for next year in Lewis and Wakeham. Do we need 3 ? We'd be better off signing at least 1 running half like Jai Field. Lewis, Wakeham and Cogger are no real threat to breaking the line. With the threat posed by a running half opposing defenders wouldn't close in on Foran so quick so he'd have more time to ball play
We already have 2 running halves - Avo and BBO (not sure if BBO is also an organizing half but he definitely has a running game)

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bird is on $975k apparently. Unless the Broncos chip in $900k I wouldn't even consider it. He's played something like 17 games in two and a half seasons.
He's the foran of the backs. Big bucks, often injured. No thanks big time. Only player op mentions I'd be keen on is McInnis. Him or korisau are exactly what we need. Would be hard to get either but I'd love it