News English stars Alex Walmsley and Oliver Gildart are on Canterbury Bulldogs radar

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I dont want walmsely, a bit concerned in playing Thompson and him together.

They're used to the English super league, dont think they have the experience to play nrl speed and intensity so could possible set us back early rounds of next year
I disagree, Canberra have done it with Sutton, Bateman Hodgson, Elliot and now Williams...All standout players in the NRL

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont want walmsely, a bit concerned in playing Thompson and him together.

They're used to the English super league, dont think they have the experience to play nrl speed and intensity so could possible set us back early rounds of next year
Most supporters I think believe Thommo has been a good signing and has been impressive since arriving. He is not at his best yet and still finding his feet but it is clear he can match it with anyone in the NRL. If you watch replays of games Walmsley has played with Thompson, most of the time Walmsley is the pick of the two.

Its a different beast the NRL but I think Walmsley would thrive in it and pick up where he left off with Thommo. 1st priority should be the best nine we can get and then a prop like Alex.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey guys, been hell for me the last few days. And obviously haven’t been around a lot and probably won’t be much longer...

this new look site is utter trash and I will never get used to it, it’s garbage and a very depressing place to visit these days. So my time on TK has almost come to and end. A pitty really, love the people love the chat. Can’t stand the set up, used to spend all of my spare time here. Now can’t even be stuffed logging on.

might see ya on our game days if that, bye for now my peeps.!!
Jesus Christ Scoob, you’re the most positive bloke in this joint, if you’re down, we’re all fucked!

Hang in there....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When was the last outside back to come to nrl and fire? I know Herbie ferbie or what ever his name at broncos is doing well for his first handful of games. And obviously Widdop was a game changer in the halves and fullback. But that fullback that came a few years ago and signed with the rooster and the warriors fullback were both flops. And Ryan James has done nothing at the roosters.

Does super league generally have outstanding outside backs? Or is it mainly better forwards and classy halves?
Don't judge Ryan Hall to harshly he came over here about 5-6 years to late.Trust me he was a weapon, he was the guy that fucked Slater's shoulder, completely destroyed him when scoring a try for England.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
When was the last outside back to come to nrl and fire? I know Herbie ferbie or what ever his name at broncos is doing well for his first handful of games. And obviously Widdop was a game changer in the halves and fullback. But that fullback that came a few years ago and signed with the rooster and the warriors fullback were both flops. And Ryan James has done nothing at the roosters.

Does super league generally have outstanding outside backs? Or is it mainly better forwards and classy halves?
George Williams is absolutely carving up at Canberra. He keeps it up, he will be the next 1 million dollar man.

Tomkins was good, he was just misused at the warriors. he showed glimpses but was under a structured gameplan.

ESL and NRL aret far apart anymore. Tnhe lower end of the nrl are plods now. think montoya.

Players getting more slim and quick also feeds into the english style.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't judge Ryan Hall to harshly he came over here about 5-6 years to late.Trust me he was a weapon, he was the guy that fucked Slater's shoulder, completely destroyed him when scoring a try for England.
4/5 years ago, Hall was the best winger in the world.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mods, can we please have an agree and disagree button added. Some posts I agree with even if I don’t like them. A like or an angry emoji doesn’t really cut it. @Spoonman84 @GDR etc??
Only admins can action those sorts of requests.. im not sure if possible with new format.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
George Williams is absolutely carving up at Canberra. He keeps it up, he will be the next 1 million dollar man.

Tomkins was good, he was just misused at the warriors. he showed glimpses but was under a structured gameplan.

ESL and NRL aret far apart anymore. Tnhe lower end of the nrl are plods now. think montoya.

C'mon, own up.....who let Nasheed out of Block H. I know its one of you mods!

Screenshot_20200807-194826_Google.jpg

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Has some nice hands and speed about him for a big bopper, absolutely would not score 95% of those tries he scored that close to the line in the NRL though.
Gee I dunno....he is fairly agile and a hard runner.

Hard to say of course but I'd give him 60% at least of those tries in the NRL, with the same lead up and off loads that St Helens provides him of course....not the plodding slow ptb/dh we give.

The try against Roosters he pushed JWH aside.

Looks every bit as good as Thommo so no reason to say he wouldnt be a success here if he came.

dinga

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A good fullback, 5/8 and half would be welcome too.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I was watching the St Helens game yesterday and after the match Walmsley was asked about this and he looked confused and said it was BS and he has no idea where it came from.

Someone is telling a hard lie.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

george williams is not cutting it up, another great line from you. Tomkins was pathetic out here also.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
george williams is not cutting it up, another great line from you. Tomkins was pathetic out here also.
He is. I haven't seen a more creative halfback since probably Ricky himself.

Tompkins was being used in structured attack. He wasn't playing his normal game. Ask anyone.
Tomkins is a Slater, Papenhuyzen type player who's a runner but he was dictated to be a third half and you could see he was suppressed.

When he did have space he made some good runs.

Tomkins at the roosters wouso have been Tedesco.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is. I haven't seen a more creative halfback since probably Ricky himself.

Tompkins was being used in structured attack. He wasn't playing his normal game. Ask anyone.
Tomkins is a Slater, Papenhuyzen type player who's a runner but he was dictated to be a third half and you could see he was suppressed.

When he did have space he made some good runs.

Tomkins at the roosters wouso have been Tedesco.
thats gold, what a stupid comment, comparing tomkins to teddy.