Is Stevie G up to it as a first grade coach!

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if he does or doesn’t. He is just interim coach. No point hiring someone now for a few weeks then giving the reins over to Barret. If ‘dogs thought he was up to it, they would have hired him and not Trent.
Exactly. Pointless thread

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probs not
But still better than Pay
Pay had all the pressure of having to win, steve georgallis has no pressure, I have to say their both shit coaches which is being proven by how the team let tries in so easily, cannot wait for Barrett to show a lot of players the door, especially Plodman!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Next week will tell the story. We weren't a chance against even a second string Melbourne Team.

The attitude instilled and excuses given to this team over the past 2 and a half seasons created a loser mentality, some players will need to be moved on because that's become ingrained in them.
Agree for the most part. Biggest issue is Lewis though, how can the team be cohesive and work as a unit when no **** around him has an idea what he's going to do next lol.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SG would be a good 20s coach. Brings them together and supports them. That’s what 20s need especially being Brough in at a young age. However the more I hear the more I’m concerned about Steve Price. He doesn’t seem to like communication. As per Gary Carson comments and no contact with CHN apparently leaving for lack of communication. Apparently Biondi has also stated he don’t know about next year as no one has communicated with him. That is the key to Steve Price job. Communication and when you think you talked enough Communicate again.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
After that game, i want to see the axe drop..
Emotional I agree. When you my age you remember to glory days. But we can’t keep cutting coach’s. Players need some responsibility on there shoulders. A GM needs to except he’s done not much in Price. He needs to go. Offer the castle to Hughes to come back as GM. Even keep Price as his sUp port with a view of him taking over in 5 years. But Price in my opionion is where the most blame lyes.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love Georgallis as coach.. He doesn't have his head up his arse like the rest of them .. He will work wonders for the dogs ,hell get them to take the truth serum and realise its their mistakes that cost them the game not the coach. He can only consult and advise

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
SG would be a good 20s coach. Brings them together and supports them. That’s what 20s need especially being Brough in at a young age. However the more I hear the more I’m concerned about Steve Price. He doesn’t seem to like communication. As per Gary Carson comments and no contact with CHN apparently leaving for lack of communication. Apparently Biondi has also stated he don’t know about next year as no one has communicated with him. That is the key to Steve Price job. Communication and when you think you talked enough Communicate again.
Price is shit... needs to go, said it multiple times and I'll say it again what club official wears a fucking warriors shirt when he's employed by the Dogs.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Emotional I agree. When you my age you remember to glory days. But we can’t keep cutting coach’s. Players need some responsibility on there shoulders. A GM needs to except he’s done not much in Price. He needs to go. Offer the castle to Hughes to come back as GM. Even keep Price as his sUp port with a view of him taking over in 5 years. But Price in my opionion is where the most blame lyes.
THANKS THANKS THANKS: Communicating, particularity with the young is probably more important than teaching them football skills, and if Price has not done this he should be out the door very quickly.
What you posted had never occurred to me before, but is sounds plausible because I had an impression that he showed at least some arrogance.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s a narrative to suit every story. Keep telling yours.
Haha, look who's talking about narratives. Look at the successful teams and how they operate, it's a business, your idea of putting certain people on a pedestal based on their past is long gone.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit harsh judging him on taking over a losing team 4 games ago.

Watching the press conferences he knows players weaknesses and trying to improve them, can’t expect to fix stupid over night. I think he’d be a good head coach if given a chance, he’d obviously need time to build his team etc

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis should be first on the block closely followed by Jackson
Hes already axed automatically by mrc.. 1 week for high tackle with early guilty plea.. he better not walk back into the side the week after

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha, look who's talking about narratives. Look at the successful teams and how they operate, it's a business, your idea of putting certain people on a pedestal based on their past is long gone.
I’m certain you’d know all about success, etc. Please continue.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis should be first on the block closely followed by Jackson
I’ve watched Jackson slow down and agree he’s not who he once was. But I believe most time Jackson is defending on Lewis side. He is trying to much to make things happen and defend Lewis misreading. And it’s wearing him out. Get a better structure and defensive patterns in place would suit Jackson. Maybe Des ball type game plan suits him

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Now the knives are out for the interim coach. He’s only temporary. We have already signed a coach for next year. We’re a bottom 4 team and aren’t the first to get thumped by Melbourne. In addition to that, we came out and had a David Holland after half time and were asking some questions until Jackson threw that awful pass and killed all momentum. We have an inexperienced roster and are lacking quality players in key positions. It won’t happen overnight. Chill out and take a Prozac! Lol