Is Stevie G up to it as a first grade coach!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now the knives are out for the interim coach. He’s only temporary. We have already signed a coach for next year. We’re a bottom 4 team and aren’t the first to get thumped by Melbourne. In addition to that, we came out and had a David Holland after half time and were asking some questions until Jackson threw that awful pass and killed all momentum. We have an inexperienced roster and are lacking quality players in key positions. It won’t happen overnight. Chill out and take a Prozac! Lol
Bull shit.. when they set a standard as they have in the 3 weeks prior to yesterday games, then people have a right to call that performance a disgrace.. enough with this cattle bulshit excuse.. how about some accountability in the players and coaching staff for delivering such inconsistencies... there was never an expectation that we would beat the storm, but i wasn't expecting to be served shit on a platter... for weeks the media has been pointing out that both the storm wingers come far in off their wing a lot... which one of our brain dead halves did anything about that and where the fuck were the coaching staff advising them of this? Nah instead lewis throws j.a.c the exact same pass we were being warned about .. if that aint poor coaching i dont know what is..

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now the knives are out for the interim coach. He’s only temporary. We have already signed a coach for next year. We’re a bottom 4 team and aren’t the first to get thumped by Melbourne. In addition to that, we came out and had a David Holland after half time and were asking some questions until Jackson threw that awful pass and killed all momentum. We have an inexperienced roster and are lacking quality players in key positions. It won’t happen overnight. Chill out and take a Prozac! Lol
That’s right. And the experts here, the ones that really know a lot about the way things really are, the guys that know what success looks and smells like (such that they might even climb to such heights as to become for example a Super Moderator of a decrepit rugby league fan forum), they know it’s all Dean Pay’s fault. So just forget about it.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m certain you’d know all about success, etc. Please continue.
To be honest it's been funny reading your salty posts over the past 24 hours but I think I'll go back to scrolling past posts when I see your name.

BTW interesting to see you hate most people's comments on here and refer to the "mob" , anyone holding a gun to your head to come on here or were you just waiting for a big loss to tell us all how good Pay was.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be honest it's been funny reading your salty posts over the past 24 hours but I think I'll go back to scrolling past posts when I see your name.

BTW interesting to see you hate most people's comments on here and refer to the "mob" , anyone holding a gun to your head to come on here or were you just waiting for a big loss to tell us all how good Pay was.
Again, a very interesting narrative if slightly deranged and weirdly affected. Keep it up.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Any imbecile who backs Pay clearly shows the lack of knowledge of the game.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as I like the guy, I'm not sure that Steve G has the footy brain to be a first grade coach. I definitely think the team needed a relaxed approach to try and build a better atmosphere after Pay's exit ...but is it too relaxed for first grade? also I haven't seen any improvements in our D which is the first place we need to work on and our attack only looks good when Foran controls the plays, but for some reason we keep allowing Lewis to control it.

I think the honeymoon is over with the Stevie G since taking over and reality hit yesterday and I'm not sure the boys are still buying into his coaching style, as I noticed with our body language before kick off and especially at half time, our energy in the sheds was poor and at half time the boys looked like they weren't interested in what he was saying. Lets hope the boys take control and play with some passion this week ??
Nasheed here,
Defence is the first thing we need?

here I was thinking it was our attack and average of ten points a game.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Any imbecile who backs Pay clearly shows the lack of knowledge of the game.
It's like 10 year old kids who follow a different club depending on where their favourite player is.

I follow the club first, I won't change that or offer blind faith to someone because they were a great player or they've been here for 20 years.

All of us would have liked to see Pay succeed but how long do we keep going to prove an individual can or can't do something.

Despite what the same 4-5 people keep saying there are some decent players in our team and they need a coach who can unlock their potential.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's like 10 year old kids who follow a different club depending on where their favourite player is.

I follow the club first, I won't change that or offer blind faith to someone because they were a great player or they've been here for 20 years.

All of us would have liked to see Pay succeed but how long do we keep going to prove an individual can or can't do something.

Despite what the same 4-5 people keep saying there are some decent players in our team and they need a coach who can unlock their potential.
Superb fiction, lovely story, and written with the intellectual authority of one who knows a lot about a lot of things.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The hard embarrassing reality is dawning upon many fools.
Nah mate, Pay’s fault.

Those team selections and bench rotations. Wakeham never getting a proper go and being coached improperly. Ogden not getting enough mins and going to waste under Dean week after week. Etc etc.

There’s a group of coaching geniuses on here who could get this squad firing. Tactical nouse, man management, recruitment and retention, culture development. They’ve got all bases covered. Wish there was a way to sign them up.