Social Media Adam Elliot

the hound

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should be able to snatch Hetherington for around 300k I reckon. Sounds much better than giving Elliot double that
In the NRL Daily Telegraph payment list Hetherington is reported to currently be on $400,000.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like others have mentioned, for the price is not too bad. But dumb to pay anything more then 400k. People over paid for Reynolds and he is the most expensive reserve grader in the comp. Cant over pay for players, just have to have a system when the next one is on the way through. Good luck to him though. Smart move to take the cash and look after his family.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only time this bloke plays good is contract year
Rest of the time his dropping easy ball or giving away dumb penalty’s
There was 3 games last year he cost us the win with stupid penalty’s at the death
That Canberra strip last year was the dumbest thing I have seen

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure he said he would wait to see who the club get to strengthen the roster. Nek minute he goes to the Dragons with a shit roster and a absolute shit house coach LOL.

All good to go for cash, just stop all the bullshit talk.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah Molo or Asiata would be fantastic but it's very hard getting players to leave QLD teams.
I like Hetheringtons mongrel which we need badly. Little Katoa was showing our forwards how to push up in defence but everyone stood back and watched
Yeah we definitely need more mongrel. Thompson showed plenty in his first game but not much since. I loved Katoa's aggression and impact but others need to follow.

Asiata has been injured for ages so the more I think about it, I wouldn't take the risk with him. I really like Molo though and doubt the Cowboys could afford to keep him so he'd be my preference.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should replace him with Jackson Ford and the Dragons will regret this move for the next 5 years
For sure... That just moves Ford further down the pecking order. He'd cost less than half of what Elliott would and be just as good if not better...

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
You clearly allow your cognitive biases to cloud your judgment. He was one of our best two players this year prior to his injury and has shown plenty of potential in a struggling side prior to this year, though granted he was inconsistent at times.

He will only continue to get better and will develop into a very good player. Short sighted by the club.... and all the fans who are pleased he is moving on, or are ok with the club's decision to undercut him.
Biases? Lol. I’m just saying it how it is.
If he can get higher money elsewhere good luck to him. But he isn’t worth that much due to a few good games this year.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He has only been our best player for the last few games in a contract year.
Similar to last contract time was also our best forward.
Cannot consistently be good for a good period of time.
Time for him to go, remember he cost us big time on mad monday
It's not like he has ever been lazy. His effort has been a constant. If anything, his inconsistency has been due to him trying to do too much to motivate a struggling team. He seemed to have found the right balance this year prior to his injury. I have no doubt he will only get better in a team that is on the rise....it's a shame it seems that club will be the dragons and not us.

Oh, come on, dude. You can't blame him for Mad Monday. He was only doing what players undoubtedly do every year during Mad Monday celebrations and acting the fool on the piss.... and pay and other club officials were there egging him on. The Mad Monday thing is 100 percent the club's fault for arranging a wild piss up in a place where players could not be adequately shielded from the prying eyes of the media..... lessons should have been learned from the Jayne Azzopardi saga in 2012, the media will always hover over us, looking for a negative story like the buzzards they are. No point in blaming a player for acting the clown when the league has created that culture and the club has enabled it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Biases? Lol. I’m just saying it how it is.
If he can get higher money elsewhere good luck to him. But he isn’t worth that much due to a few good games this year.
Time will tell. I think in 12 months time, you'll all be blaming the club for letting him go. He has had some dumb errors in his game in previous seasons, but his effort has been constant and he has shown on a number of occasions in a struggling team that he is a player with plenty of upside and ability. We should be doing all we can to keep players with his passion and energy around.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think Hetherington is very good. He's full of errors, penalties, missed tackles and suspensions. I love how aggressive he is but I'd much rather someone like Molo or Asiata who offer way more.

Hetherington made 46 metres in 44 minutes against the Roosters. The week before he made 76 metres in nearly 60 minutes against the Sharks.
Yep Hetherington seems shit ATM imo everyone frothing because he had a scuffle with JWH... His runs / mtrs were putrid

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another sub par flog trying to hold the club ransom not one player on our current roster is worth a upgrade or has any right to hold us ransom if that’s the attitude he can fuck off sweet Caroline da da da

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know if its only our fanbase but geez you guys know how to hate on players, almost to a point it gets personal.

Hate to be in the trenches with u lot that bag a player the moment they drop the ball.

Theres 2 sides to every story fellas.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't provide enough impact for the $ he's after so i don't care about losing him.

Can't understand why the Channel nein and Fox commentary teams always jack him off tho? They make him out to be this amazing player that scores a 10/10 every game.

Guys lucky we had cap issues and had to promote otherwise I doubt he would have made it in the first place.

I wish him well in the future tho, just not against us.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
in order to improve we need to keep our best performed players and add some quality, if he goes it is one step forward and one step backward. i would give him a good offer but definitely not overs or matching offers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
in order to improve we need to keep our best performed players and add some quality, if he goes it is one step forward and one step backward. i would give him a good offer but definitely not overs or matching offers.
We've already signed Jackson on 700k and really both him and Elliott should be playing the same role, Elliott would've come a lot cheaper but unfortunately we already made the call. Jackson to lock and a more suited player needs to replace him on the edge.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
DRAGONS CLOSE IN ON DISGRUNTLED DOG

Canterbury forward Adam Elliott has been loyal to the Bulldogs in the past, but now seems destined to leave Belmore after a contract stalemate.

Elliott has been one of the club’s best performers in what has been an ordinary couple of seasons for the blue and white.

The versatile forward is off contract and hasn’t committed to the Dogs yet, and now the Dragons look set to pounce.

Wide World Of Sports reports St George Illawarra is in the box seat to snap up Elliott, as the Raiders prepare to withdraw from the race to his signature.

The Red V are losing Tyson Frizell to Newcastle next year, while Jack de Belin’s future remains uncertain.

Foxsports.com.au has previously reported Elliott has in the past taken $30,000 pay cuts in order to help the Bulldogs’ salary cap issues, but it seems his patience with the club has worn thin.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now the media are portraying poor Elliott as the victim even though he's leaving for more money and isn't worth getting into a bidding war over..

Yet if the Roosters do the same thing, then they're praised for not overpaying.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck all on the market for backrowers and Elliot knows this... Let him walk and try get Curtis Sironen out of Manly. People break contracts with us all the time, may aswell try it on someone else.
11. Sironen
12. Mariner
13. Jackson

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Transfer Whispers: Dragons set to pinch disgruntled Dog; teen star’s new $1.5M deal
NRL PREMIERSHIP

• July 28, 2020 11:46am
  • by FOX LEAGUE STAFF
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Adam Elliott of the Bulldogs.Source: Getty Images
St George Illawarra wants to pinch a star forward off a rival to replace the outgoing Origin wrecking ball Tyson Frizell.

0:59
DRAGONS CLOSE IN ON DISGRUNTLED DOG

Canterbury forward Adam Elliott has been loyal to the Bulldogs in the past, but now seems destined to leave Belmore after a contract stalemate.

Elliott has been one of the club’s best performers in what has been an ordinary couple of seasons for the blue and white.

The versatile forward is off contract and hasn’t committed to the Dogs yet, and now the Dragons look set to pounce.

Wide World Of Sports reports St George Illawarra is in the box seat to snap up Elliott, as the Raiders prepare to withdraw from the race to his signature.

The Red V are losing Tyson Frizell to Newcastle next year, while Jack de Belin’s future remains uncertain.

Foxsports.com.au has previously reported Elliott has in the past taken $30,000 pay cuts in order to help the Bulldogs’ salary cap issues, but it seems his patience with the club has worn thin.