Official Round 11 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Discussion Thread

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At long last Meaney is given a bit of ago at FB, but why has it taken so long. Another player how was not given a reasonable chance is Cogger.
I really hope cogger is given a chance soon. I saw glimpse of what he can do when he played a couple games

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Maybe you should go halfback then, you seem like you know it all.
Righto mate ..

What are you , 15 yrs old ?

If your happy with mediocrity then you keep barracking for wakeham .

I’ve watched and seen halves like mcgrady, lamb , dymock,polla mounter , sherwin , Anasta , and Thurston come through the ranks and I think I can critique some of these current players compared to what has previously come through the club ..

Do you want class players or happy with the rubbish you’re watching now ?

Foran on one leg and as broken as he’s been is our only genuine half , if we had another we’d be in a stronger position .

You can spot class right away , wakeham doesn’t have it . Period !

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
You do realise Lewis was HOOKED, Lewis and Foran certainly weren't good lol. But yes, I would not have made that change then, it was ridiculous and really Foz needed to step in earlier and get things back on track.
They weren't attacked good but steady mistake free. Lewis never offers too much but this game was just tackle kick chase. Just a game for the bigs, foz was doing enough . We didn't need to pass or love the ball around. Wakeham comes on looks lost. Kicks out on a full. Hangs back in defence. He is shit.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You do realise Lewis was HOOKED, Lewis and Foran certainly weren't good lol. But yes, I would not have made that change then, it was ridiculous and really Foz needed to step in earlier and get things back on track.
Foz goes MIA when we need him most

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They weren't attacked good but steady mistake free. Lewis never offers too much but this game was just tackle kick chase. Just a game for the bigs, foz was doing enough . We didn't need to pass or love the ball around. Wakeham comes on looks lost. Kicks out on a full. Hangs back in defence. He is shit.
What the fuck are you on about? If Foz and Lewis were doing their job then Wakeham never comes on, simple as that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Foz goes MIA when we need him most
Yup, all he has to do was come in for a kick or two and find touch so the boys could regroup. I find it funny that people are giving Foz and Lewis points in the 321 hahaha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I still don’t get why Cogger isn’t given the same opportunity as Lewis. He was good backend of last season before Foran came back. He played well out of position in his last game. I think Cogger can be that competent half we need
Since he had the good game at 9, we haven't seen him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gutsy win by the boys

We should’ve won last week too so it shows they are responding better under Georgallis than Pay especially with the points we are scoring (24 and 18 respectively) and the desperation in defence

We were under the pump majority of second half so that’s one of the gutsiest wins in recent times

We were out on the feet and the pack were not making yards which is a nightmare for any half so the only blemish was Georgallis giving Wakeham a run (no point and almost ended in disaster )

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Anyone else enjoy Katoa playing as a middle forward? Looked really energetic and had some strong carriers.
Yes he was really good through the middle, honestly wouldn't be upset if we started him and pushed Napa back to the bench next week.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, all he has to do was come in for a kick or two and find touch so the boys could regroup. I find it funny that people are giving Foz and Lewis points in the 321 hahaha
That's right, we were under pressure Foz should have known when he seen Wakeman come on, should of took over but no he left it for the rookie. Can't blame Wakeman for the terrible kicks that Foz time to take control.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's right, we were under pressure Foz should have known when he seen Wakeman come on, should of took over but no he left it for the rookie. Can't blame Wakeman for the terrible kicks that Foz time to take control.
Should've done it earlier..anyway we got the win and there were a few nice positives

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gutsy win by the boys

We should’ve won last week too so it shows they are responding better under Georgallis than Pay especially with the points we are scoring (24 and 18 respectively) and the desperation in defence

We were under the pump majority of second half so that’s one of the gutsiest wins in recent times

We were out on the feet and the pack were not making yards which is a nightmare for any half so the only blemish was Georgallis giving Wakeham a run (no point and almost ended in disaster )
Be even more exciting when Lafai returns, I think a couple more wins to avoid the spoon is very possible .. then next year we will
Kill it :grinning:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it can be understated how much we got reamed by Checchin this afternoon and still held on. That entire second half he let the Knights do what they wanted and they were teeing off in defence and often offside. We got one repeat set the entire game compared to the Knights seven. To still win after that in those conditions is a huge win.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes he was really good through the middle, honestly wouldn't be upset if we started him and pushed Napa back to the bench next week.
And he's been there waiting all season!

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foz was everywhere first half and second half was literally coaching the left edge defence while gassed.
Needs Cogger to take pressure off.
At least we're back in spoonbowl territory now.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Righto mate ..

What are you , 15 yrs old ?

If your happy with mediocrity then you keep barracking for wakeham .

I’ve watched and seen halves like mcgrady, lamb , dymock,polla mounter , sherwin , Anasta , and Thurston come through the ranks and I think I can critique some of these current players compared to what has previously come through the club ..

Do you want class players or happy with the rubbish you’re watching now ?

Foran on one leg and as broken as he’s been is our only genuine half , if we had another we’d be in a stronger position .

You can spot class right away , wakeham doesn’t have it . Period !
I haven't lost all hope with him, but he genuinely needed a year of reserve grade this year to properly prepare him for fg. In any case, he has been signed for a further 2 years, so we better hope to God he comes good!!!!