Hooper: Fuming Dog demands immediate release after ‘car crash’ attempt to woo him back

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only people who fucked up are the ones who say he fucked up. The media said it, the club said it and a lot of fans said it. The only fuck up was the way they were treated for a misdemeanor.
Even Lynn Anderson claimed to have over reacted.
You are half right.

Okunbur and CHN fucked up. If they kept it in their pants and followed the Code of Conduct that they signed none of this would have happened. They also should have known that anything a Bulldogs player does is scrutinized more than any other club so they should have know to cover their arses better. Their actions were stupid but not criminal.

But you are right, this was a misdemeanor and the over-reaction from the NRL and the media borders on criminal. They crucified two young men with the what may be the biggest over-reaction in the history of the sport.

Pity they didn't display that sort of indignation to Matt Lodge.

Last edited:

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bottom line, if Hill & management handled the situation professionally, both in the interest of club & player, we would not be in this position. CHN made an error of judgement, just like most people have. Punished was required, but management should have also supported him.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like the journos are the ones fuming whenever dogs are trying to fix their issues. Those journos love to see us at bottom of table and cope it quietly while they are having a good laugh at us.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can only imagine how Ricky Stuart would react if a player blatantly broke team rules 3 times. Or leaked videos of teammates to the media. He backs his players but he doesn't suffer fools.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Salary cap jam for this season. We brought Thompson in early who's reportedly on 800k a year (we don't know whether he took a pay cut for 2020 or not). You can only carry 5% of your salary cap into a season which is ~500k. I don't get how we can fit Thompson, CHN and Okunbor in for 2020. Since it was rumoured we were after Lafai, I assume Thompson isn't on his full amount for 2020 but can we still fit all three in?
I hope the lafai thing is only a rumour. He hasn't improved at all since leaving and was shit then.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only people who fucked up are the ones who say he fucked up. The media said it, the club said it and a lot of fans said it. The only fuck up was the way they were treated for a misdemeanor.
Even Lynn Anderson claimed to have over reacted.
So what CHN did nothing wrong did he? People keep saying he got mistreated. Well how would you react if you had a sponsorship deal set for millions of dollars, then your employee went and lost it for you. Of course your going to be fucking ropeable.

People need to stop saying he’s been mistreated. The whole reason the club has no females at the hotel is because of the hell the club went through in 04. He opened himself up to a minefield of what could have been said. Had he not bought her back to the hotel none of this would of happened. But that’s right play the victim because he did nothing wrong. He only broke CLUB protocols.

It speaks volumes that Okunbor after the meeting apologised to the fans and the club. CHN has stayed quiet playing the victim card. They cost us millions. The players had busted there arses for 4 months in training for these two to fuck up for a 5 second root. Fuck him off.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can only imagine how Ricky Stuart would react if a player blatantly broke team rules 3 times. Or leaked videos of teammates to the media. He backs his players but he doesn't suffer fools.
Actually raiders ended up losing Dugan and Carney only for other clubs to pick them up, so they said fuck it theyre not sacking players anymore

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What this does highlight though is how ametuer the andersons are now lets assume worst case scenario and chn was guilty of all that was reported even then they have an obligation as an employer to check up on him etc

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually raiders ended up losing Dugan and Carney only for other clubs to pick them up, so they said fuck it theyre not sacking players anymore
And Ferguson bro ... three superstars at that current time and all you’d say who were at the peak of their careers.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So what CHN did nothing wrong did he? People keep saying he got mistreated. Well how would you react if you had a sponsorship deal set for millions of dollars, then your employee went and lost it for you. Of course your going to be fucking ropeable.

People need to stop saying he’s been mistreated. The whole reason the club has no females at the hotel is because of the hell the club went through in 04. He opened himself up to a minefield of what could have been said. Had he not bought her back to the hotel none of this would of happened. But that’s right play the victim because he did nothing wrong. He only broke CLUB protocols.

It speaks volumes that Okunbor after the meeting apologised to the fans and the club. CHN has stayed quiet playing the victim card. They cost us millions. The players had busted there arses for 4 months in training for these two to fuck up for a 5 second root. Fuck him off.
No females at the club, really? I never said he didn't do anything wrong, it was that the treatment didn't fit the 'crime'.
Just want to know are you advocating a Taliban like society and that sex should be banned for everyone or just professional sportspeople?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And Ferguson bro ... three superstars at that current time and all you’d say who were at the peak of their careers.
Thats it, I knew there was a 3rd and forgot who it was.

The fucked thing is the nrl still havent come around and made a rule for this.

If a player fucks up and theyre suspended, they should be forced to return to their club (unless that club doesn't want them) at 50% of their salary and also repay the club with however much time was lost. That is if the player was suspended for 2 years then their contract is extended by 2 years if they come back

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we're paying 1 cent in back pay then the club needs to stand firm and make him earn it by performing for us for the rest of this year. Once he starts training and playing with his teammates he could get over whatever grudge he has with management. Our new coach Georgallis should be the only one who needs to deal with him - not management. He already has a relationship with Barrett also from their time at the Panthers. Dogs players said they kept in touch with him. Jackson and Tolman came out in support of him publicly just after he was de-registered. The club should have known this day would come. There was always a good chance CHN and Oka would be allowed to play again. You would have thought they would have kept in touch / kept friendly with the players as CHN is a great player. We lost the potential sponsor so it isn't worth losing CHN too. Losing both the sponsor and CHN would just be another shit sandwich for us fans to swallow. Give him time and things can be resolved

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bull. Shit. He broke team snd NRL rules and blew a sponsorship the club needed. He deserved everything he got and certainly doesn’t deserve to waltz into a stronger team to play finals this year. Anyone who thinks he is in the right needs a major reality check.
He'd get his fines paid with bonuses if he played finals footy. It would suck to see either player benefit from the situation, by ending up in a team in the finals.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It was the nrl that deregisterd him - but he is still happy to play in the nrl. Shouldnt he be more pissed at the nrl?
If he wants to break his contract the club should negotiate a deal which is in favour of the club.
Did chn hav a role in the leaked penrith tapes from last year that Tyrone May copped it for?
Both Chn n Okunbor are lucky the consequences werent worse - pissed of protective fathers of teenagers have some fearsome rage.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How does get fucked sound, that’s to both James Hooper and CHN.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
chm is fuming at the dogs lol bloke needs to wake the f@#k up and see what he did to his own careen and the bulldogs club

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I totally agree with CHN about not being contacted by the club - that is ridiculous, especially considering his possible mental state at the time, but it's unsurprising coming from the club.
Mate don’t take journo bait. This is what the club said specifically about that on 1 April when their penalties were initially handed down:

BCAFDB2D-7C04-4F35-8716-6C9492D41B5F.jpeg

Was it just words or did they follow through as they said they would? We don’t know, but neither does the Pooper Scooper.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No females at the club, really? I never said he didn't do anything wrong, it was that the treatment didn't fit the 'crime'.
Just want to know are you advocating a Taliban like society and that sex should be banned for everyone or just professional sportspeople?
You are clearly looking for an argument here. Anyone who has supported the team before the Coffs Harbour scandal would know what the players, club and even the fans had to deal with in the aftermath. I used to get dickheads at the pub calling me a rapist for wearing our jersey. Even for a couple of years after the evidence showed that the lady involved was consenting. So the simple rule of not bringing women to your hotel room while on club duty isn't a big ask to earn a salary that most people envy, especially for doing a job that you love and that many people do for a hobby. It's a rule put in place to protect those involved with the club and an image that we need to be respected in the community.

Since this all erupted in the first place I've said that the morality of it wasn't great on the players behalf. But it's not uncommon for people of consenting age to be experimental with their sexuality. No laws were broken, but it would be a very bad look for the club if they had pointed this out at the time. The simple fact was that the NRL deregistered the contracts and the club acted in its best interest to not kick up a stink while vying for a sponsor that represented family values.

Both CHN and Okunbor would have been useful for us this year. They could both be useful still. So I don't want to see CHN rewarded with a bigger contract elsewhere in response to breaking team rules.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I accepted that both players where possibly never returning.
Club probably had as well. They moved forward in a different direction rosterwise. Now these 2 get reinstated and rather than work with the club to find a way back in, CHN wants a way out.
I really can't blame the club on this regardless of the job or innuendo they're doing on other matters.
I say let him go. Irrespective of swaps etc. Just get another club to pick up his back payment.
Good player yes. But seems to have a toxic vibe.