Okunbor/CHN megathread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm hoping that the reason that its taking long is because he is renegotiating his contract.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbar would have had some solid support around him including family that would not have pissed in his pocket. I hope CHN had the same support. When you are in trouble you need family and friends that not only support you - they also need to make you accountable to ensure you learn from your mistake and become a better person.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Okunbar would have had some solid support around him including family that would not have pissed in his pocket. I hope CHN had the same support. When you are in trouble you need family and friends that not only support you - they also need to make you accountable to ensure you learn from your mistake and become a better person.
Well said, astute observation, did you do Psychology?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Public announcement from OK, nothing from CHN. Odds on CHN going are going up by the minute.
It was obvious months ago he wasn't returning..I just didn't want it to happen :(

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the board manage to sway CHN its a huge win. replacing him will cost us a fair sum. we got him on a good deal and he's a strike backrower now. not many of those left on the market

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was obvious months ago he wasn't returning..I just didn't want it to happen :(
If he doesn't play ball he can get shown the realities of consequence. His behaviour landed him with a 10 week ban and contributed to the loss of a sponsor. He can sit his butt on the couch at home and twiddle his thumbs until the club arranges a decent replacement. Hey, at least he'll be free to hook up, which appears to be his actual priority in life.

Don't mind at all if the club gets tough with losers.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't get my insider on the phone. This could mean he's not privy to it and working, or it's still going on. Or he's just general busy etc. or doesn't want to talk to me.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't get my insider on the phone. This could mean he's not privy to it and working, or it's still going on. Or he's just general busy etc. or doesn't want to talk to me.
All of the above.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If he doesn't play ball he can get shown the realities of consequence. His behaviour landed him with a 10 week ban and contributed to the loss of a sponsor. He can sit his butt on the couch at home and twiddle his thumbs until the club arranges a decent replacement. Hey, at least he'll be free to hook up, which appears to be his actual priority in life.

Don't mind at all if the club gets tough with losers.
The club completely bottled the entire situation imo and I can understand why he's filthy with them..but on the other hand we avoid the whole thing if CHN simply follows very clear and very easy instructions.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Or could be busy eating a nice juicy, Angus medium prime STEAK from a juicy COW!!! With some nice mash potatoes, veggies, broccoli, some prawns and nice coldy.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club completely bottled the entire situation imo and I can understand why he's filthy with them..but on the other hand we avoid the whole thing if CHN simply follows very clear and very easy instructions.
You've mentioned the "bottled" thing before, and its mostly unfair. As you say the whole thing doesn't happen if he follows at least one simple instruction. However filthy he is at the club, he ought to be even more filthy at himself, and if he isn't (at this point we still don't know for certain), he should rack off.

The club does group and individual sessions explaining this stuff to the players. If the club got anything wrong it was assuming that was enough, and not having some contingency plans ready to go if some idiot actually broke the rules. Even if you are slightly caught by surprise as an organisation like the Bulldogs in these situations, you will be left having to deal with a bunch of media crap. The noise that was flying around both in conventional media and online rumour mills quickly took on a life of its own, CHN couldn't control it, the club certainly couldn't. In the end the actions taken were probably the fastest way to take the whole situation and give it a cold shower (CHN should take notes). It is very difficult to make an ideal call in the middle of something like that without significant contingency planning, and also very easy to criticise with hindsight.

Anyone giving CHN information that the club stuffed up is not helping him. CHN stuffed up, and every mistake that was made after that traces back to his mistake in the first place. He needs to own that for his own good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You've mentioned the "bottled" thing before, and its mostly unfair. As you say the whole thing doesn't happen if he follows at least one simple instruction. However filthy he is at the club, he ought to be even more filthy at himself, and if he isn't (at this point we still don't know for certain), he should rack off.

The club does group and individual sessions explaining this stuff to the players. If the club got anything wrong it was assuming that was enough, and not having some contingency plans ready to go if some idiot actually broke the rules. Even if you are slightly caught by surprise as an organisation like the Bulldogs in these situations, you will be left having to deal with a bunch of media crap. The noise that was flying around both in conventional media and online rumour mills quickly took on a life of its own, CHN couldn't control it, the club certainly couldn't. In the end the actions taken were probably the fastest way to take the whole situation and give it a cold shower (CHN should take notes). It is very difficult to make an ideal call in the middle of something like that without significant contingency planning, and also very easy to criticise with hindsight.

Anyone giving CHN information that the club stuffed up is not helping him. CHN stuffed up, and every mistake that was made after that traces back to his mistake in the first place. He needs to own that for his own good.
Of course they bottled it. The club needs to protect it's players and protect itself and imo they done a terrible job of this. I won't even start on Price. This has been done to death and I really can't be bothered going over it again.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meh couldn't give a rats arse if he goes tbh. He ain't that good.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In true bulldogs form no communication. CHN is probably still waiting for the zoom call or meeting.
We will probably hear it through the media before the club like always.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In true bulldogs form no communication. CHN is probably still waiting for the zoom call or meeting.
We will probably hear it through the media before the club like always.
I think they are still waiting for their table at Rashays to discuss the matter