Okunbor/CHN megathread

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jayden Okunbor intends to return to the Bulldogs after having his sacking overturned, while Corey Harawira-Naera wants to meet with the club before deciding whether to come back or resume his NRL career elsewhere.

Canterbury are yet to make a definitive decision on the pair, who were deregistered indefinitely after a pre-season incident in Port Macquarie. The termination of their contracts was overturned at the NRL's appeals committee, the first time the governing body’s initial ruling has been altered.

The Bulldogs have the option to terminate their contracts, welcome the players back into the fold or trade them out to other teams. Given the prospect of a legal challenge if they attempted to sack them again, the blue and whites are likely to leave the decision with the players themselves.

Harawira-Naera has been linked to several clubs including the Raiders, Dragons, Roosters, Tigers and Warriors, but may be need to take a pay cut if he were to leave Belmore so late in the season.

Okunbor has also received interest from elsewhere but his priority is to resurrect his career at Canterbury. Harawira-Naera’s manager, Darryl Mather, said the New Zealand international wanted to speak with Canterbury powerbrokers before making any call on his future.

“It’s my understanding that Corey has been reinstated as a Canterbury employee,” Mather said. “We’ll have discussions with the Bulldogs about how they see his future given the decision that has been made.”

Jayden Okunbor wants to resume his career with Canterbury.

Photo: Getty Images
Harawira-Naera could be available to interim Canterbury coach Steve Georgallis’ team as soon as next week, while Okunbor still has a month of his suspension to serve.

Bulldogs star Kieran Foran hoped both would remain at the club.

“From my point of view, it would be great to have them back,” Foran said. “They’ve served their time, they’ve obviously ruled that they can be back now. They were teammates of ours, they are teammates of ours. They’d certainly be welcomed back from our point of view.”

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CHN is dirty at the comments made by the fuckface HILL and if I was him i'd go join the Roosters and win a premiership this year and laugh at the club.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CHN is dirty at the comments made by the fuckface HILL and if I was him i'd go join the Roosters and win a premiership this year and laugh at the club.
Do you know this for sure or just reading between the lines ?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuckin Rooster....piss off!!

If CHN doesn't want to stay at the Dogs I hope we can use him to sweeten a deal with Canberra to get Cotric to come early. Wishful thinking anyway. But that's all based around if CHN doesn't want to stay.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuckin Rooster....piss off!!

If CHN doesn't want to stay at the Dogs I hope we can use him to sweeten a deal with Canberra to get Cotric to come early. Wishful thinking anyway. But that's all based around if CHN doesn't want to stay.
You think Cotric will leave Canberra early, while they are winning and have a shot at a premiership to come and play for the Bulldogs this season to get beaten 30-0 each week LOLLLL WTF

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Bulldogs made clear at the time of their support for the pair's deregistration, declaring that their behaviour, when they were embroiled in a pre-season incident, "will simply not be tolerated."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/14/cotric-call-to-come-amid-dogs-drama-and-roster-reshape/
This was said in a vain attempt to keep a sponsor who was already waivering according to my information, due to business debt issues. The Club while dismayed with players supported them at Board level Im led to believe. Hill overstepped the mark here.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was said in a vain attempt to keep a sponsor who was already waivering according to my information, due to business debt issues. The Club while dismayed with players supported them at Board level Im led to believe. Hill overstepped the mark here.
Hill is a moron.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You think Cotric will leave Canberra early, while they are winning and have a shot at a premiership to come and play for the Bulldogs this season to get beaten 30-0 each week LOLLLL WTF
Canberra is done. They won't win no premiership this year.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canberra is done. They won't win no premiership this year.
OK but would you stay in a team who's still in contention and winning OR go to a team where you are guaranteed to not win another game this season and get belted week in week out LOL

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK but would you still stay in a team who's still in contention and winning OR go to a team where you are guaranteed to not win another game this season and get belted week in week out LOL
It's also why I stated it was wishful thinking.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The worst thing that happened to us was being linked to that potential sponsor...
He would have bailed on us if he had signed and used Covid as an excuse... f@ck him...

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he doesn't want to be here piss off. Like its the clubs and fans fault they did what they did. No suprise as predicted he'll end up at another club by years end, real fair

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Bulldogs made clear at the time of their support for the pair's deregistration, declaring that their behaviour, when they were embroiled in a pre-season incident, "will simply not be tolerated."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/14/cotric-call-to-come-amid-dogs-drama-and-roster-reshape/
And??
It shouldn’t be tolerated..
I keep hearing ‘but it wasn’t illegal’..completely irrelevant..
They participated in something that is against club and code policy..end of!!
The 2 of them should be willing to get out on that field with the teammates they let down,and play for the club they let down financially as well as morally..
CHN is pissed off..AT WHAT??
Does he need the club to hold his hand?
He did wrong..own it..get out on the field and play for the club,he should be grateful to for saving him from an eternal lower grade career at the Panthers..
Grow the fuck up and own your shit..
To even think of having the audacity of questioning the club’s commitment to him is fucking laughable..
Did the club set up the root??...umm I don’t think so
To even suggest he will test the market after HIS indescretion,is an insight into his morals and the NRL are soft cocks to even contemplate allowing him to benefit from this situation..
Okunbor appears to have the right outlook at least,and a desire to make right with his teammates and club..
CHN is a quality player..no doubt
Now let’s find out if he is a quality human being

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he doesn't want to be here piss off. Like its the clubs and fans fault they did what they did. No suprise as predicted he'll end up at another club by years end, real fair
The problem with that thinking is that we e keep losing talented players. We should aim to reconcile. His feelings may be able to be changed before we just say see ya later. That’s assuming he wants out of course

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And??
The 2 of them should be willing to get out on that field with the teammates they let down,and play for the club they let down financially as well as morally..
He did wrong..own it..get out on the field and play for the club,he should be grateful to for saving him from an eternal lower grade career at the Panthers..
To even think of having the audacity of questioning the club’s commitment to him is fucking laughable..
To even suggest he will test the market after HIS indescretion,is an insight into his morals and the NRL are soft cocks to even contemplate allowing him to benefit from this situation..
Okunbor appears to have the right outlook at least,and a desire to make right with his teammates and club..
well said bruv

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And??
Mate I’m with ya but we are the only club over the lest 12 year to let players hang out to dry. This needs to come to a stop. We need to start supporting the players, you start having team morale.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And??
So you think that a guy who slept with a chick who he met at the club and who lied about her age should be deregistered just because he had sex with her at the team hotel. Fine and suspension yes. Deregistered was a complete overreaction because of what okunbur did. The way the club,NRL and media grouped the two as though they did the same thing was disgraceful. You have even grouped the two in your comment