Okunbor/CHN megathread

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
CHN taken all post relating to Dogs off his Instagram, a few Panthers, Kiwi, Maori post left. Looks like he's wiped us
Haha if he did that on purpose what a fucking sook. He would fit in at Manly with DCE & co. He knowingly broke the club rules without any concern for our season and reputation and now wants to cry about it?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be filthy too if what is said is true about the club brushing him, surely the coach kept in touch with him?
If he wants his contract terminated and go to another club, we should get some sort of tradebait in return. Dragons - sailor etc

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either convince him to stay and stop being a sook or only release him if we get a suitable ,unlike the klemmer situation we should never release a player unless we get a gun replacement

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN can get fked then. Hope the club makes it hard for him to leave though, just to piss him off. Go root some more school girls mate.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be filthy too if what is said is true about the club brushing him, surely the coach kept in touch with him?
If he wants his contract terminated and go to another club, we should get some sort of tradebait in return. Dragons - sailor etc
Dragons - McInnes

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Pay was the main one wanting him gone but I agree the club should have been in contact with him . They have an obligation for his mental well being .

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree the club didnt help, but he cost the club a lot of cash and tarnished the clubs image in a new area of partnership. Rules are there for good reason and he was dumb enough to get caught. He shouldnt be sooking cos hes played his part in derailing this season. If he doesnt feel like owes it to the club then fair enough but he owes it to the boys he let down.

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree the club didnt help, but he cost the club a lot of cash and tarnished the clubs image in a new area of partnership. Rules are there for good reason and he was dumb enough to get caught. He shouldnt be sooking cos hes played his part in derailing this season. If he doesnt feel like owes it to the club then fair enough but he owes it to the boys he let down.
I wouldn’t take him back. As good as a player he is, he knew what he was doing and didn’t give a rats arse about the club or the consequences if it got out to the media (which it did). Do you think a Storm player would have done that under Bellamy’s watch? Our club needs to start standing up for things and create a strong culture internally. Only then can the rebuild happen correctly. Just my opinion

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would take Sitilu Tupouniua that's a like for like replacement in regards to potential. Bet you they would say no aswell... Nat Butcher is another I would take as he could be our lock for a very long time.
Actually I agree with those options too.

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good on him. I'd want nothing to do with a club that threw him to the wolves either.
He threw himself to the wolves..
HE BROKE PROTOCOL..NOT THE DOGS..
if there was no indescretion,there is no fucking issue..
Own your shit..you don’t need a club to hold your hand unless you are 10.
How hard is it to just follow the rules..they get paid enough to have that onus put on them.
The NRL should put a clause in the re-instatement,that if they don’t resume at the club they were previously employed at,then the de-registration stands for a period of time..make your choice

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
... and no club wants to sign a player that gets themselves into trouble in the first place. The relationship between club and player goes both ways.
Maybe thats why CHN has sought a meeting beforehand so he can gauge whether it truly will be a let bygones be bygones scenario?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t take him back. As good as a player he is, he knew what he was doing and didn’t give a rats arse about the club or the consequences if it got out to the media (which it did). Do you think a Storm player would have done that under Bellamy’s watch? Our club needs to start standing up for things and create a strong culture internally. Only then can the rebuild happen correctly. Just my opinion
I agree with that but beggars cant be choosers. The Storm and Roosters can do without him but for a club like ours, he is not easily replaceable. Were in a tricky situation here. Do we stick by our morals and fuck him off or do we kiss his ass to try and convince him to stay (yes I know he fucked up and he owes us so we shouldn't have to do that but with these Gen X players it all about me me me). if we get a gun replacement then he can leave but what are the odds of that happening.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I mean they lost our club its major sponsorship. In ANY other job they would be fired without a second thought yet these dumb knts get a second chance and one of them wants to piss, moan and act like a victim. Please.
It's only what the media are writing. Who knows the truth of the matter.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He still follows the dogs on insta and likes there posts from time to time so cant be that pissed off at them.

Todays artice is a hooper special with no quotes from CHN at all and all fabricated. Who would tell him anything