Okunbor/CHN megathread

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What about elliott mate

Same shit, soonsors walked, brand damage.

But we should reward him with a new contract?
I agree. Was trying to stay on topic of these two. The thing with a lot our players is a self importance issue. We are not going well as a team and our position on ladder reflects this. But to loose partnerships on top of poor performance. Some of them seem to need a reality check. We pay there wages and they need to start reflecting there appreciating this by at least behaving. I hope he sorts it and realised some the damage they are doing. Not many of us get a chance to be payed for what we love. Are these gentlemen thinking that they are lucky or we will except what ever they dish up?

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What about elliott mate

Same shit, soonsors walked, brand damage.

But we should reward him with a new contract?
Definitely not a big upgraded one like hes hinting at wanting with his "young family now" comments. Another player who clearly has no intention on repaying the club which has shown faith in him and stuck by him when he was dead average for a long time. Not to mention the off field dramas. Footballers have such small selective memories

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck all the morals how about holding him accountable for what he's done to the club? It wasn't the clubs decision to hand down his punishment it was the NRL. We simply acted like any other club would act in the same situation. He was apart of the reason we lost a major sponsorship, disrupted our season preparation and lost the club some reputation. He let his team mates, his club and his fans down plain and simple. He should be more than happy to try amend his wrongs and he (if true) wants to look elsewhere? It speaks volumes about his character. Who would want to go out and play next to a guy who treats his club and team mates like that?
If Okonbur didn't happen. CHN doesn't get deregerstered for bring a girl back to the hotel that he met on tinder. If all the NRL players who did this were deregerstered there would be no comp. This is incredibly common.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon he is gone but that article and fabricated quote is laughable
Yeah I know right he just can't say he doesn't want to play for the Dogs it has to be he never wants to wear the jersey again!.

I think he's gone too.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kiwi Test forward Corey Harawira-Naera is understood to be fuming at Canterbury-Bankstown and intends to tell the club he no longer wants to wear the Bulldogs jersey.
Fox Sports has learned the Kiwi Test backrower is surprised at the way the Bulldogs left him out in the cold after the NRL deregistered his contract in the pre-season.

Harawira-Naera is now signed with Canterbury-Bankstown until the end of 2022 but rival clubs are circling and have been told he is perplexed at the way the Bulldogs cut ties with him.

Fox Sports has been told no Canterbury-Bankstown bosses contacted Harawira-Naera after he was sacked by the club. The Bulldogs board is believed to be keen to keep him despite parting ways with him along with winger Jayden Okunbor over the Port Macquarie incident.

Okunbor is reportedly keen to resume his career at the Bulldogs when his suspension finishes after round 14.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kiwi Test forward Corey Harawira-Naera is understood to be fuming at Canterbury-Bankstown and intends to tell the club he no longer wants to wear the Bulldogs jersey.
Fox Sports has learned the Kiwi Test backrower is surprised at the way the Bulldogs left him out in the cold after the NRL deregistered his contract in the pre-season.

Harawira-Naera is now signed with Canterbury-Bankstown until the end of 2022 but rival clubs are circling and have been told he is perplexed at the way the Bulldogs cut ties with him.

Fox Sports has been told no Canterbury-Bankstown bosses contacted Harawira-Naera after he was sacked by the club. The Bulldogs board is believed to be keen to keep him despite parting ways with him along with winger Jayden Okunbor over the Port Macquarie incident.

Okunbor is reportedly keen to resume his career at the Bulldogs when his suspension finishes after round 14.
Totally understandable. CHN picked up a girl from a dating app "tinder". An app which requires you to be 18 years of age and over. He then went and had his way with her and that was it. His only mistake if that's what you want to call it was that he broke team protocol by having a girl in his hotel room.
The club in trying look like the good guys and score brownie points with the NRL and community including sponsors took the high and mighty road. It's all backfired now and rightly so.
Okenbur should never be allowed back and what he did was disgusting immoral and goes against everything good BUT CHN was not in the same boat and his actions were worthy of nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes did he deserve a fine & suspension. Did he deserve the suspension he received.. I believe no.
If the club did all they could to appeal the suspension, stayed in contact with CHN, supported him during what would have been a stressful period in his life, then he would want to repay the club. From reports circulating it seems that he feels the opposite happen. If this is true, then I do not blame him if he wishes to leave. Most people standing in his shoes would think the same.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fuck him . He either plays with us this year or no one . If he wants a release for next year that’s fine because we will use the cap money to sign someone else .

But the club gains absolutely nothing by letting him go elsewhere for the rest of this year so grow some fucking balls and make him play for us or sit out the year !!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think we're going to release CHN to the Tigers and ask for Chee-Kam.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck him . He either plays with us this year or no one . If he wants a release for next year that’s fine because we will use the cap money to sign someone else .

But the club gains absolutely nothing by letting him go elsewhere for the rest of this year so grow some fucking balls and make him play for us or sit out the year !!
I hope he goes and plays for the Roosters and wins a premiership. The club and current admin deserve nothing less.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

LOLLLLL this club having some balls ? LOLLLLL
IF this club had balls they would have stood by CHN from day one. He didn't do anything more than break team protocol by having a girl he met on Tinder a dating app which requires you to be at least 18 years of age in his hotel room. If the club had balls they wouldn't have painted CHN with the same brush as Okenbur. This club has no balls and the current admin and CEO deserve everything bad that happens.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHN taken all post relating to Dogs off his Instagram, a few Panthers, Kiwi, Maori post left. Looks like he's wiped us

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So we'll said l must admit I felt for the guy and would have understood if he moved on till I read this. Man the fuck up accept your part, make up for it through your actions as they really did hurt our club.
New Zealanders are a proud people and I'm one of them, do you think that the All Blacks and the New Zealand rugby public would have given you a pass.
Where's your Mana brother, it lies with this club, show us you still have some
100% Che

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CHN taken all post relating to Dogs off his Instagram, a few Panthers, Kiwi, Maori post left. Looks like he's wiped us
That has been the case since the beginning of the incident. The first step was him deactivating his account.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on him. I'd want nothing to do with a club that threw him to the wolves either.