• No

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Would wait to see who was on the rival ticket

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to cure a rash, you treat it instead of leaving it there hoping it goes away on its own.

Sometimes it’s good to make rash decisions.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who our coach is. We have to accept we have to pay overs. Even if we had Bellamy or Bennett we'd have to pay overs. We'd maybe save a small amount but at the end of the day that isn't the reason why we're not signing players. All I have to keep repeating is Knight and Nathan Brown and you can't argue that point.
Nah don’t worry I’m not arguing any points with you as soon as you mention overs I don’t bother.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were expected to come basically last for three seasons in a row until our cap was sorted. There was no light at the end of the tunnel until next year. Maybe there's a small chance we could of got a major sponsor but the situation we were left in made it almost impossible. I don't know the go with Rashay's but if that was a major sponsor than you have CHN and Okunbor to blame. We're also one of many Sydney clubs which make us less appealing than the Titans. We've also lost membership numbers.
Way to change the narrative, so the side that had at the time of pays first year
Morris twins ,Mbye ,Klemmer , Foran EXPECTED TO COME LAST ????

‘yes we get it your are a pay and club apologist and you keep banging on about expectations as your sole reason . Mind you , actual individual performances deteriorate from ALL individual players but your only argument is we won a few games and look we’re we finished on the ladder. Yet you don’t take into account those wins ONLY occured at end of season when team couldn’t make the 8 and teams took them lightly AND If that is valid , you disregard those HEROIC (sarcasm) performances for the following year expectations

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Way to change the narrative, so the side that had at the time of pays first year
Morris twins ,Mbye ,Klemmer , Foran EXPECTED TO COME LAST ????

‘yes we get it your are a pay and club apologist and you keep banging on about expectations as your sole reason . Mind you , actual individual performances deteriorate from ALL individual players but your only argument is we won a few games and look we’re we finished on the ladder. Yet you don’t take into account those wins ONLY occured at end of season when team couldn’t make the 8 and teams took them lightly AND If that is valid , you disregard those HEROIC (sarcasm) performances for the following year expectations
I said basically last. I don't know if you noticed but our roster starting to go down hill in that first year and we lost multiple players even during the season. There was also a lot of outside noise regarding Klemmer and the Morris' twins. If you take out the wins from the back end of last season I'd still say Pay's met expectations. We actually overachieved last year (before season tipped for wooden spoon, going into this season predicted second last, that doesn't add up does it).

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the wins at the end of last year were encouraging but we haven’t been able to build on them this year... seem to have regressed..

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said basically last. I don't know if you noticed but our roster starting to go down hill in that first year and we lost multiple players even during the season. There was also a lot of outside noise regarding Klemmer and the Morris' twins. If you take out the wins from the back end of last season I'd still say Pay's met expectations. We actually overachieved last year (before season tipped for wooden spoon, going into this season predicted second last, that doesn't add up does it).
Titans predicted spoon, dogs have never been predicted spoon

also expectations take into account coaching , I’m sure with exact same roster ,BENNETT OR BELLAMY as coach would not have same expectations .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Titans predicted spoon, dogs have never been predicted spoon

also expectations take into account coaching , I’m sure with exact same roster ,BENNETT OR BELLAMY as coach would not have same expectations .
Last year we were tipped for the spoon. I think Bellamy or Bennett would get a couple more wins a season, not going to work miracles with this roster tho. I think you forget why Pay's here in the first place. Also we didn't even strengthen our roster going into this season whereas other clubs did (e.g. Tigers, Cowboys).

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nah don’t worry I’m not arguing any points with you as soon as you mention overs I don’t bother.
Yes, top players are going to come to one of the worst rosters on paper (also add to that you say a "shit" coach, when we can't get a top coach, so the situation actually doesn't change) in the NRL for what they're worth. There's nothing for you to argue. The club have said they're looking at the Knights rebuild and how did they get their players?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, top players are going to come to one of the worst rosters on paper (also add to that you say a "shit" coach, when we can't get a top coach, so the situation actually doesn't change) in the NRL for what they're worth. There's nothing for you to argue. The club have said they're looking at the Knights rebuild and how did they get their players?
No I agree they will have to pay to get players here but I just can’t be bothered replying to your posts when you mention overs because you have jammed it down everyone’s throats for months. It’s boring and any good points you make get lost because you bring it up so many times. Everyone gets its dude you think we have to pay overs to attract talent.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No I agree they will have to pay to get players here but I just can’t be bothered replying to your posts when you mention overs because you have jammed it down everyone’s throats for months. It’s boring and any good points you make get lost because you bring it up so many times. Everyone gets its dude you think we have to pay overs to attract talent.
So stop saying Pay is the reason why we won't attract players because it really isn't. Thompson is also an example of this. He left his country and offers from multiple clubs and the last two remaining were us and Warriors before of our $$$ offers.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were expected to come basically last for three seasons in a row until our cap was sorted. There was no light at the end of the tunnel until next year. Maybe there's a small chance we could of got a major sponsor but the situation we were left in made it almost impossible. I don't know the go with Rashay's but if that was a major sponsor than you have CHN and Okunbor to blame. We're also one of many Sydney clubs which make us less appealing than the Titans. We've also lost membership numbers.
this is what you fail to understand and this is exactly what i mean when i say you think small minded like lynne.....

if you think we are less appealing then a gold coast team that folded twice and up until a year ago was about to fold again until being bought out, you got rocks in your head.
secondly, we arent just a "sydney club" what dont you understand about that??? we are a power fucken house sydney club! we arent a generic sydney club like the tigers, eagles, saints, sharks and even the panthers... we are amongst the top tier, but the current fucken board are speaking as if we are a generic sydney club.....

thats where youre wrong in all this, stop thinking like a fucken ostrich and get your head out of the sand... blame CHN, blame okunbor i dont give a fuck but if the board cant get a new sponsor since, thats on fucken them....
members??? of course theyre fucken low!!! we have the worst marketing team in the league....

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
this is what you fail to understand and this is exactly what i mean when i say you think small minded like lynne.....

if you think we are less appealing then a gold coast team that folded twice and up until a year ago was about to fold again until being bought out, you got rocks in your head.
secondly, we arent just a "sydney club" what dont you understand about that??? we are a power fucken house sydney club! we arent a generic sydney club like the tigers, eagles, saints, sharks and even the panthers... we are amongst the top tier, but the current fucken board are speaking as if we are a generic sydney club.....

thats where youre wrong in all this, stop thinking like a fucken ostrich and get your head out of the sand... blame CHN, blame okunbor i dont give a fuck but if the board cant get a new sponsor since, thats on fucken them....
members??? of course theyre fucken low!!! we have the worst marketing team in the league....
You've been living under a rock. You don't know why we're in this situation. I think big picture and years ahead of you. Why the F would I change my views to be inline with yours over the board? You're the masses, which like I said earlier are usually wrong.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've been living under a rock. You don't know why we're in this situation. I think big picture and years ahead of you.
years ahead of me but your still stuck admiring a shit **** like josh reynolds... get the fuck outta here...

stop blaming the previous board like Aunty Lynne and uncle andrew, just like them you need new material.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
This was prior to kick off prior to covid 19. Along time since then? Why not even a leagues club sponsor , despite the appeals why no big signings ? It’s half way through the year. We never hear from her except here and there , she needs to get her shut together cause fans aren’t happy , performances are mimicking our old results. They need to hurry the fuck up cause all Small cracks look like canyons to other potential recruits .. ask yirwelf this .. would you want to join a club if there was no prediction on the coach, the board and a major sponsor with potential tpas ?
I haven’t seen a lot of major business decisions being made in the last 3 months let alone discretionary spends.

Leagues club effectively does sponsor the footy club - does a logo on the jumper make much difference? Perception maybe. Regardless the leagues club had zero revenue for two months while they were closed so they also have decisions to make regarding that impact.

It’s not a public company, they are not required to share information and no doubt they are addressing any questions from potential recruits as part of the negotiation process.

I’m sure once they have a clearer picture of things post C-19 (perhaps even after this weeks footy/leagues club joint meeting) and discussion outcomes with potential recruits they will speak to members and publicly.

I get that many are emotional about things but reacting that way isn’t going to help anyone, the processes have to be worked through.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
years ahead of me but your still stuck admiring a shit c*** like josh reynolds... get the fuck outta here...

stop blaming the previous board like Aunty Lynne and uncle andrew, just like them you need new material.
Why, are you salty Reynolds bitch slapped your eyes a couple of nights ago?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So stop saying Pay is the reason why we won't attract players because it really isn't. Thompson is also an example of this. He left his country and offers from multiple clubs and the last two remaining were us and Warriors before of our $$$ offers.
Show me where I have said Pay is the reason we won't attract players? I said the uncertainly around Pay's position is a reason we won't attract players and a one year extension will do nothing to stop that uncertainty.

Using one example does nothing to prove your point either unless you know the details of all the other player negotiations the club has been in and their reasons why they were successful or failures.

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven’t seen a lot of major business decisions being made in the last 3 months let alone discretionary spends.

Leagues club effectively does sponsor the footy club - does a logo on the jumper make much difference? Perception maybe. Regardless the leagues club had zero revenue for two months while they were closed so they also have decisions to make regarding that impact.

It’s not a public company, they are not required to share information and no doubt they are addressing any questions from potential recruits as part of the negotiation process.

I’m sure once they have a clearer picture of things post C-19 (perhaps even after this weeks footy/leagues club joint meeting) and discussion outcomes with potential recruits they will speak to members and publicly.

I get than many are emotional about things but reacting that way isn’t going to help anyone, the processes have to be worked through.
sorry man, but they are were elected and havent delivered on anything.... they think small minded and arent proper business people, theyve employed their mates around them which makes it worse!!! steve price as football manager... fmd really.... andrew hill who was meant to be the commercial brains of the business is nothing but a bonafide reject whose delivered no commerical revenue, please dont blame COVID 19, if storm were able to loose a sponsor and gain one during COVID, there is no reason we shouldnt be able to do the same...

our cap is "in order" and all they have to show for it is luke fucken thompson....

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why, are you salty Reynolds bitch slapped your eyes a couple of nights ago?
you say your years ahead of me but youve got a dud five eight as your DP who left three seasons ago.... go cry in your corner that he "didnt come back home"