Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Closeness of the game, board will congratulate him for getting the most out of the team
It was because we allowed the game to be close, then let it slip away through ill discipline and failing to mark up on the flanks. We could have won tonight but for some stupid errors.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Broncos are in a hole.. get Wayne in asap and sign david fifita

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If warriors can sack Kearney whom could use a hundred excuses avail to him and has won one more game then surely we can sack pay and start moving forward.
I want pay gone but unfair comparison look at the warriors roster

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I want pay gone but unfair comparison look at the warriors roster
Fair enough
But to me it’s not that much better than ours
Many a pundit had them penciled in for the wooden spoon

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough
But to me it’s not that much better than ours
Many a pundit had them penciled in for the wooden spoon
I reckon pay would do better than kearny with warriors roster but all that said bye bye pay enough is enough

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If warriors can sack Kearney whom could use a hundred excuses avail to him and has won one more game then surely we can sack pay and start moving forward.
I think Kearney was booted because they couldn't keep him and stay under the cap (apparently coaching fees are also capped) - and there was an out clause that said they don't have to pay him compensation. Pay's contract is up at the end of the year, so we won't have any extras to fork out when he finishes up, which is why I reckon he will be kept on until the end of the season.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No sees out 20 new coach in 21 reverts back to being what he's good at assistant coach

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
No coach of repute will take them on until next year (at least). As frustrating as it is Pay will remain coaching this year (and possibly next) unless he loses the dressing room and I don't think he has lost the dressing room (as yet).
Our guys didn't bite the hand that fed them with Hasler so they are happy to get paid and lose with Pay as well :( He wont lose the dressing room en mass. Individuals may think he is inept but we wont see wholesale rebellion. The players are too comfortable and waiting till it all magicly "just happens" on the field.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd give him at least 1 more game after we performed okay against the Sharks. If the team don't turn up in another game then yes press the eject button. Georgalis won a comp in reserve grade at least. Unsure if Pay could do that even.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t consider the past 2 years failures under the circumstances. We exceeded expectations.

2021 is the money year. If we’re not performing next year then his position will be threatened.
Always enjoy reading your posts.

You're a contrarian which is essential in this forum.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Closeness of the game, board will congratulate him for getting the most out of the team
I agree,
As much as we want our team to win, losses like this don't put pressure on the coach so it's a tough situation for us fans it's not easy wanting your team to lose by a fair margin but at the same time it will be for the good down the track by the coach getting the flick. We have zero hope of moving forward without a better coach then this

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree,
As much as we want our team to win, losses like this don't put pressure on the coach so it's a tough situation for us fans it's not easy wanting your team to lose by a fair margin but at the same time it will be for the good down the track by the coach getting the flick. We have zero hope of moving forward without a better coach then this
Actually, little to no good unless he's replaced by a top coach. The roster is the biggest issue. We're able to recruit a top eight roster for next year. That's the next way to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.