Opinion Wakeham

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wakeham's best game was against a very very under strength Lebanese team last year

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just checked the stats for all games this round. Our game V the sharks easily the biggest discrepancy between teams in PTB speed. Given this is such a crucial part of the game, where quick play the balls make for defensive lines that can't come up off the line fast, and defenders that are back tracking make for bigger holes in the line, it is a massive disadvantage.

Was it because our players couldn't be stuffed getting up quickly to play the ball, or was the ref not calling the Sharks off quickly like they were to us?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This year, and every year under pay, is a write off so Wakeham should stay in 7 and Averillo to 1.
Hoppa showed tonight that he is our safest No 1 under pressure. I like Averillo closer to the action, than standing behind it. He and Hoppa could be a great pairing in attack.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes they do, the issue with us is that we do it far too often, not direct enough and have our halves pushed far too wide and as a result they're getting he ball with fuck all time, space and options.
Our halves are also way to deep on the fifth they need to get flatter it will cut down the time they have to kick but it will keep the defence in two minds and give us more options for short kick or running the ball

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Which presumably the ref gave a warning about, and Wakes either didn't hear it, or went ahead with the dumb hit anyway.

The 6 agains are a hit or miss. Some of the games I've watched I can pick almost every time the ref is about to call one. Other games I'm completely mistified by the refs calls. End of the game the Sharks had a half second advantage on average PTB speed, which means they were the ones hanging around in the ruck for longer. I'd like to know how the ref can justify not giving more 6 agains against them.

The refs are poorly prepared, they seem to be on the lookout for certain players and game situations. Just know the rules and call them...
I'm not overly concerned about it, the ref didn't call held and the intent was to push him rather than land directly on his back lol. I'd rather see a mistake like this than some of the other rubbish

You're right about the repeat sets, I liked the idea at first but after a few games they're a over the place and like you said you're left clueless when the ref makes the call.

In the end the game was pretty balanced and pretty much every stat tells the same story. There was just over a 1m difference in average set gain in favour of the Sharks while they also had the quicker slightly quicker play the ball yet it felt like the Sharks were flying down field all game lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hoppa showed tonight that he is our safest No 1 under pressure. I like Averillo closer to the action, than standing behind it. He and Hoppa could be a great pairing in attack.
I just want him in our starting pack tbh. Give him as much game time we can.

Also Hoppa is great anywhere in the back line.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just checked the stats for all games this round. Our game V the sharks easily the biggest discrepancy between teams in PTB speed. Given this is such a crucial part of the game, where quick play the balls make for defensive lines that can't come up off the line fast, and defenders that are back tracking make for bigger holes in the line, it is a massive disadvantage.

Was it because our players couldn't be stuffed getting up quickly to play the ball, or was the ref not calling the Sharks off quickly like they were to us?
I thought the Sharks were very close to offside for the bulk of the game. They seemed to arrive with the pass from dummy half, and were holding down to stop quick plays. A smarter team would have found a way to exploit that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our halves are also way to deep on the fifth they need to get flatter it will cut down the time they have to kick but it will keep the defence in two minds and give us more options for short kick or running the ball
Yup, there's really so many things that we can pick apart.. unfortunately it just isn't going to change until a new voice comes in blows everything up and starts again.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought the Sharks were very close to offside for the bulk of the game. They seemed to arrive with the pass from dummy half, and were holding down to stop quick plays. A smarter team would have found a way to exploit that.
That's up to the #9 and #7, in that order.

Karl

Waterboy
Reaction score
What a waste of a halfback that has no kicking game, no running game and would be lucky to make a reserve grade side.

He will never make his mark as a first grade player. Absolutely useless. Get ride of him.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol Troll accounts are getting funny now.
Maybe you should ‘ride’ Lewis??

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only his 6th game.

He needs consistent first grade to get used to thebspeed of the game and gain experience.

Hes already shown a tonne load more than that shit lewis
I think our problem is that we keep changing players & positions every week which doesn't give the team time to jell, I know why we do it but I think it is becoming more of a hindrance than a help, I thought the team played very well tonight and it was good to see Wakem at half trying different things and mixing up the kicking game but why has it taken till round 6 to bring him on, anyway I thought Hopoate was outstanding at fullback & Forun, DWZ, Elliot & RFM deserve a special mention for their effort tonight and I know you are all going to rip into me but I thought things started to change for us when Holland came on in the second half, I thought he lifted the intensity of our game , even though I have also been critical of him in the past

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a waste of a halfback that has no kicking game, no running game and would be lucky to make a reserve grade side.

He will never make his mark as a first grade player. Absolutely useless. Get ride of him.
Your name fits you perfectly

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He should get a decent run in #7, he has some definite quality about him, needs a chance to show that he can lose some of the rough edges, develop some maturity, and improve his game.

eman & the Utai SLAM

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ennis had alot of mongrel and cheek to him, if Wakeham can bring that mongrel to the team (and create attacking plays) then i'm all for it. i hope this english thompson is also a hard cu$nt, bulldogs recently have been too nice. i want the dogs of war back.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We should have won tonight, Averillos try allowed, was a brilliant run, but hey the reffs are at their own discretion FUCK HEADS.!!!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We should have won tonight, Averillos try allowed, was a brilliant run, but hey the reffs are at their own discretion FUCK HEADS.!!!
This whole new 6 again when they want rule makes it even easier to screw teams, has screwed a few teams this round too already as its even easier to sinbin people now from it (roosters vs eels game showed who the refs sided with hard like tonight)

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Potential is definitely there give him some time and surround him with some talent and he could be our long term Halfback. I think its worth signing Foran for another two years to help develop him, maybe play Averillo at Fullback for those two years then transition him into 5/8 pending on other signings. Main thing is to be patient with them.
Why???
We need a halfback that creates now.
Not mollycoddle Wakeman for 2 fucking years!
He maybe a below average NRL halfback some day, but I haven't even seen that yet.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

We should get "ride" of you too