Opinion Wakeham

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he was very ordinary in attack and his kicking pretty mediocre, his defense was better today. To be fair he hasn't played since before Corona lockdown. He doesn't seem to have a much of a long kick in him either which hurt a bit tonight.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Only people with NFI about league and Lewis lovers wouldn't see his potential.
Potential is definitely there give him some time and surround him with some talent and he could be our long term Halfback. I think its worth signing Foran for another two years to help develop him, maybe play Averillo at Fullback for those two years then transition him into 5/8 pending on other signings. Main thing is to be patient with them.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even though he wasn't particularly great tonight, he did some good things and kicked effectively for the most part. Obviously he has fair way to go developing his game, I think he's shown enough to clearly be our best half back moving forward
He was fuckin shit and cost us the game keeps lookin at himself on the big screen , Lewis ain’t a half but he can tackle and he’s hard , we need a pommie half or one that can play in the middle , wakeham cant

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
First game in almost 3 months? Still not overly impressed but he at least showed a few good signs and traits of an actual half.

Disappointing to see that he isn't playing the style of footy he played that got him to this point, main reason for this is likely down to the systems in place with other factors ranging from the individual, team and coaching having an impact.

Unfortunately the way I see things and if they're not going to change with our style then we might as well just scrap Wakeham and move onto Averillo. The system right now is far more effective with a genuine ball runner hitting the balls out the back from the forwards instead of a half that would rather scheme and play with time and options.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
he was clueless a few times on the last play

he didnt know whether to kick or run the ball
the jury is still out

Matt Burton is a better option and surplus at penrith

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though he wasn't particularly great tonight, he did some good things and kicked effectively for the most part. Obviously he has fair way to go developing his game, I think he's shown enough to clearly be our best half back moving forward
He didn’t kick effectively, he kicked it in front of Moylan. We need to learn to grubber into the in goal, one on one steal and forty Fucking 20s when caught in our half! We play like juniors! We need to slide in defense and play a more attacking style! Our D was compressed so every time the sharks needed a try the went around us! Smith experiment has to be all but finished now?

A

Alexander the Great

I like you. You talk sense. You can be my friend.

First game in almost 3 months? Still not overly impressed but he at least showed a few good signs and traits of an actual half.

Disappointing to see that he isn't playing the style of footy he played that got him to this point, main reason for this is likely down to the systems in place with other factors ranging from the individual, team and coaching having an impact.

Unfortunately the way I see things and if they're not going to change with our style then we might as well just scrap Wakeham and move onto Averillo. The system right now is far more effective with a genuine ball runner hitting the balls out the back from the forwards instead of a half that would rather scheme and play with time and options.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You've got no fucking idea
One of his kickoffs only went 30 meters his kicks are shit his only got the edge runner play they’ll work him out I’m only being honest not living in hope like you it’s a money game we can’t have em still gettin breast fed ....fuck

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s be honest he was very ordinary yet again.

Happy to see him get a few more games in the 7 to see what he can do.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One of his kickoffs only went 30 meters his kicks are shit his only got the edge runner play they’ll work him out I’m only being honest not living in hope like you it’s a money game we can’t have em still gettin breast fed ....fuck
So Lewis gets 4 years to prove he is shit but you want to get rid of Wakeham after 6 games?

If you're not pay, you're dumb enough to be on his staff.

A

Alexander the Great

At least you are willing to give gim a chance. Ill pay that horse

Let’s be honest he was very ordinary yet again.

Happy to see him get a few more games in the 7 to see what he can do.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Offers what a half should, not just defence and shit bombs

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So Lewis gets 4 years to prove he is shit but you want to get rid of Wakeham after 6 games?

If you're not pay, you're dumb enough to be on his staff.
It’s me Deano I just realised I made a big mistake by leaving Lewis out fuck wakehams shit I got sucked into the hype sorry boys ( wankers)