Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now we're getting somewhere...

Horizon Forbidden West (Horizon Zero Dawn 2) looks amazing. But no release date. Probably 2 years away.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
And the PS5 looks like an alien

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
WTF is this shit?

The nintendo 64 is, hands down, the greatest console ever made.

Mario 64, Legend of Zelda, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark - game changing platform games. Oh - you want multiplayer?

Sure. How about 007 Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Diddy Kong Racing, super smash bros.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I also sold my PS2 with about 80 games, steering wheel, fishing rod controller so I could upgrade as my missus was against me forking out money out of our savings to pay for it. I did keep my banned games though like Manhunt 1 & 2 and Lesuire Suit Larry.
Don’t you think Nathan Lyon looks like the human version of Leisure Suit Larry?

D16B1440-1F57-4E0F-B156-47A5E7625094.jpeg

23FE87A5-C2F3-403D-824E-CEE27D1F6CEE.jpeg

F98D3DF5-C4F0-447D-9FA1-8D5E7B77D3E6.jpeg

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks expensive:sweat:
Very expensive. Unfortunately we won't know for a while 'cause they're still playing price chicken with Xbox.

Also looks like it can only be used vertically.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Very expensive. Unfortunately we won't know for a while 'cause they're still playing price chicken with Xbox.

So the P does mean Penis..not PlayStation

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I mean I'll complain, but if it's under 1k I'll probably still pre order it lol.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't get how Microsoft and Sony are okay with giving Nintendo no competition in the portable gaming market.

Nintendo are killing it at the moment and a lot of it has to do with them having no competition at all.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I've been a Sony man since the PS1 days. PS1 and PS2 were two of the greatest home consoles made in history in my opinion. The games libraries were jam packed with AAA titles and different genres and they had lounge room lives of 10 years.

Then the PS3 came out and it was a total mess. It was expensive, there were way too many variants (Different HDD sizes, PS2 Library support etc.), focus was on everything else except the games and Sony just played catchup that entire generation. By the time it was able to identify what it did well it was too late.

I've got a PS4 but I just don't care for the home consoles anymore. I've definitely lost touch haha.

XBOX for me was a far superior console to the PS2. It's online capability was way better and multi-platform games always played and looked way better on the XBOX.

XBOX 360 started off well and I owned one and had a fair few games on it. I just didn't seem to resonate with the XBOX library as Forza seemed to be the only thing that caught my interest.

XBOX One had the same issue as the PS3. Was more expensive than the competition and focused away from the games and Sony took advantage of that. I'm sure it's a good console and there's some cheap variants of it out now, but it's all too late. Their attention is on the next generation and it looks like their already losing that battle.

I've always been a portable gamer, so neither Microsoft or Sony can help me in that department anymore. PSP was an amazing console for its time but Sony aren't competing with Nintendo anymore. So the Nintendo Switch is now left to win both battles at the moment with little competition.

So to completely not answer your question, Nintendo is the winner. Hahaha
I'm similar. I've been a silent observer to the battle between PS and XBOX and just laughing at them in a seemingly endless war.

So... growing up, it was all about Sega for me. My cousins and friends all had Sega, so we'd go and borrow games, bring games over to their houses and play stages and lives then swap the controller. Games like Alex Kidd, Sonic, Wonder Boy, Streets of Rage, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Double Dragon, Double Hawk, the list goes on.

What I don't understand is why Sega didn't continue making hardware. The Master System and Mega Drive were great consoles competing very well with the NES and SNES, the Saturn was a bit of a flop compared to PS, (however let's keep in mind it was the very first 32 bit console released), but the Dreamcast was great.
  • It was the first console that had 128 bit graphics
  • After Nintendo released the N64 with Cartridges, Dreamcast paved the way for consoles to return to CD roms
  • The first console to have internet capabilities bridging the gap between consoles and PC gamers

So for me, the winner is Sega.

Between PS and Xbox, I played PS1 and 2 more then the Xbox, so it gets a vote for me. Also they had some exclusive titles that were epic.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm similar. I've been a silent observer to the battle between PS and XBOX and just laughing at them in a seemingly endless war.

So... growing up, it was all about Sega for me. My cousins and friends all had Sega, so we'd go and borrow games, bring games over to their houses and play stages and lives then swap the controller. Games like Alex Kidd, Sonic, Wonder Boy, Streets of Rage, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Double Dragon, Double Hawk, the list goes on.

What I don't understand is why Sega didn't continue making hardware. The Master System and Mega Drive were great consoles competing very well with the NES and SNES, the Saturn was a bit of a flop compared to PS, (however let's keep in mind it was the very first 32 bit console released), but the Dreamcast was great.
  • It was the first console that had 128 bit graphics
  • After Nintendo released the N64 with Cartridges, Dreamcast paved the way for consoles to return to CD roms
  • The first console to have internet capabilities bridging the gap between consoles and PC gamers

So for me, the winner is Sega.

Between PS and Xbox, I played PS1 and 2 more then the Xbox, so it gets a vote for me. Also they had some exclusive titles that were epic.
Mega-Drive is where it started for me too. Mortal Kombat, Sonic and NBA Jam all day haha

Sega stuffed themselves up in the end. During the peak of the Sega vs Nintendo battle, Sega were on-top and all they had to do was keep the momentum going and concentrate on their popular games. Instead they kept wanting to release new and expensive hardware like the Sega CD and Sega 32x add-ons they released. They were expensive, had shit games and worst of all used massive PSUs that literally wook take up half your loungeroom space. Not to mention the Mega-Drive with all its add-ons looked like a fucking castle.

While all of the above were going on Nintendo concentrated on the SNES and just kept releasing banger after banger.

Sega had killed their own console and then released the Saturn. Which was an awful piece of hardware and notoriously known for being the hardest game to develop games for. The Saturn still could've been a success in the state it was, but once again Sega weren't patient and literally in the space of a year or so had dropped support for it and have already moved their sites on the Dreamcast.

A lot of the developers at this stage had furiously lost faith in Sega - EA was one I remember well. EA stopped releasing their games on Sega consoles and Sega were forced to make their 2K sports series, which actually was better in the end lol

By the time the Dreamcast hit, Sega had lost the market. Sony were dominating bigtime and Nintendo were still killing it as well. With XBOX coming around the corner, someone had to make their way out and that was it for Sega.

It's sad because the Dreamcast was a fucking amazing console!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get how Microsoft and Sony are okay with giving Nintendo no competition in the portable gaming market.

Nintendo are killing it at the moment and a lot of it has to do with them having no competition at all.
I think it would just be too much for either company. They've attempted things like that in the past but eventually they realised that they're better off focusing on their own direction and letting Nintendo do their crazy thing.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Sega or another old console company made a comeback through direct competition with Nintendo.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mega-Drive is where it started for me too. Mortal Kombat, Sonic and NBA Jam all day haha

Sega stuffed themselves up in the end. During the peak of the Sega vs Nintendo battle, Sega were on-top and all they had to do was keep the momentum going and concentrate on their popular games. Instead they kept wanting to release new and expensive hardware like the Sega CD and Sega 32x add-ons they released. They were expensive, had shit games and worst of all used massive PSUs that literally wook take up half your loungeroom space. Not to mention the Mega-Drive with all its add-ons looked like a fucking castle.

While all of the above were going on Nintendo concentrated on the SNES and just kept releasing banger after banger.

Sega had killed their own console and then released the Saturn. Which was an awful piece of hardware and notoriously known for being the hardest game to develop games for. The Saturn still could've been a success in the state it was, but once again Sega weren't patient and literally in the space of a year or so had dropped support for it and have already moved their sites on the Dreamcast.

A lot of the developers at this stage had furiously lost faith in Sega - EA was one I remember well. EA stopped releasing their games on Sega consoles and Sega were forced to make their 2K sports series, which actually was better in the end lol

By the time the Dreamcast hit, Sega had lost the market. Sony were dominating bigtime and Nintendo were still killing it as well. With XBOX coming around the corner, someone had to make their way out and that was it for Sega.

It's sad because the Dreamcast was a fucking amazing console!
I loved the Dreamcast. Ended up trading my Dreamcast for a shitbox car and have regretted it ever since. The car lasted about 2 years. If I still had my Dreamcast I'd still be playing it.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I loved the Dreamcast. Ended up trading my Dreamcast for a shitbox car and have regretted it ever since. The car lasted about 2 years. If I still had my Dreamcast I'd still be playing it.
I sold my Dreamcast console and collection off last week actually. It was sad, but it had to be done. These consoles dont last forever and with Dreamcast emulation being so good these days there's no reason for me to keep big bulky hardware anymore.

Plus all the games were ported over elsewhere or re-released, so there really isnt much reason to hang onto the DC anymore.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I sold my Dreamcast console and collection off last week actually. It was sad, but it had to be done. These consoles dont last forever and with Dreamcast emulation being so good these days there's no reason for me to keep big bulky hardware anymore.

Plus all the games were ported over elsewhere or re-released, so there really isnt much reason to hang onto the DC anymore.
Please tell me you sold it for a good price... that console was a work of art.

Wahesh

Reaction score

I think it would just be too much for either company. They've attempted things like that in the past but eventually they realised that they're better off focusing on their own direction and letting Nintendo do their crazy thing.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if Sega or another old console company made a comeback through direct competition with Nintendo.
Nintendo will always own the Portable gaming market as long as they keep making Pokemon games.

Does anyone else here realise that they're all pretty much the same thing? I mean the graphics improve and they have new kinds of Pokemon, but the core of what needs to be done in the game is always the same?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nintendo will always own the Portable gaming market as long as they keep making Pokemon games.

Does anyone else here realise that they're all pretty much the same thing? I mean the graphics improve and they have new kinds of Pokemon, but the core of what needs to be done in the game is always the same?
True. But the Japanese have released 10,000 RPGs with the same Final Fantasy format and they keep selling. It's amazing but if it keeps selling, why change it?