News Battlers eye Bennett

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battlers eye Bennett

South Sydney officials are privately bracing for the possibility of Wayne Bennett receiving an offer to link with St George Illawarra or Canterbury in the coming weeks.

Bennett still has another year to run on his deal with the Bunnies before Jason Demetriou takes over, but a three-year offer to extend his coaching career elsewhere could leave both Bennett and the club with some food for thought. The whispers linking England coach Shaun Wane to the Bulldogs job also won’t go away.

With Wigan’s Luke Thompson on his way to the club next year, and John Bateman on their radar, the Bulldogs have the chance to build an English empire similar to those at South Sydney and Canberra in recent years.

Source SMH

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t know how I really feel about Bennett coming over.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I doubt there's any substance to this. I hope not anyway. I could see him back at Saints. Wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't see Bennett working out very well here his coaching is on the decline in a big way and if we move on from Pay we have to get his replacement spot on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
To rebuild or rebound properly and as quick as possible you probably need an experienced coach who has strong influence on players and recruitment. Whether it’s Bennet or some one else it’s going to be easier with a proven coach than a rookie. And that’s with no offence to Deano it’s just how it is.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to see anthony griffin,at our club,did a good job at the broncos,s and Penrith,strict disciplinarian,and good football brain,panthers in the 4 when they punted him,because he had issues with some of the board,

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought we want to go back to our roots and appoint Bulldog people.. because we want our coaches to understand Bullduds culture..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Skeletor can barely keep his eyes open and looks like he's got a fresh drool patch at evey press conference.

It's all rubbish anyway but he's not the answer

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Who knows what could be true, anything seems possible now. We appear to be a complete rabble. The bright side of Bennett is that he would lure players.

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bennett no way for F#@KS sake no. Shaun Wane on the other hand could be an ok option but i think he would need time to adapt to the NRL style of play.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Battlers eye Bennett

South Sydney officials are privately bracing for the possibility of Wayne Bennett receiving an offer to link with St George Illawarra or Canterbury in the coming weeks.

Bennett still has another year to run on his deal with the Bunnies before Jason Demetriou takes over, but a three-year offer to extend his coaching career elsewhere could leave both Bennett and the club with some food for thought. The whispers linking England coach Shaun Wane to the Bulldogs job also won’t go away.

With Wigan’s Luke Thompson on his way to the club next year, and John Bateman on their radar, the Bulldogs have the chance to build an English empire similar to those at South Sydney and Canberra in recent years.

Source SMH
They have been reading the kennel lol

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is that it’s one of the most important decisions in the clubs recent history and they need to get it right . We haven’t won a comp in 16 years and will miss the semis for the 4th straight year . There is money to spend on players and we need the right coach to get us back where we should be .

I don’t care if they have played for the dogs before . Warren Ryan never played for the dogs and he was our most successful coach ever .

Just get the right bloke.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t care if they have played for the dogs before . Warren Ryan never played for the dogs and he was our most successful coach ever .

Just get the right bloke.
Couldn't agree more! All the Bulldogs DNA stuff is rubbish just get the person for the job.