News Canterbury Bulldogs coach Dean Pay facing axe ahead of St George Illawarra Dragons clash

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I made the suggestion that we should sign Shane Flanagan and he implies that I’m not a supporter by saying are you sure you are a bulldogs supporter
Look mate at the moment it’s a mute point almost everyone agrees pay isn’t the way forward but he’s still here for now so what’s the point ?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck them haters Maroon, IM A TRUE SUPPORTER.!! Negative or not, we know #PayMustGo :grinning:

we only want the best for our club after all..!!
Mate we got a green tick from the jockey as well!!!!! That’s going straight to the pool room!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Look mate at the moment it’s a mute point almost everyone agrees pay isn’t the way forward but he’s still here for now so what’s the point ?
And it’s been posted a thousand times that Flanagan is ineligible to be a head coach anywhere prior to 2022 under his current conditional return. Simple stuff...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And it’s been posted a thousand times that Flanagan is ineligible to be a head coach anywhere prior to 2022 under his current conditional return. Simple stuff...
The NRL has opened the door for Shane Flanagan to return in a head coach role as soon as this season, putting further pressure on St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor’s job.

As it stands Flanagan, who is a Dragons assistant coach, isn’t eligible for a head coach role until the end of next season.

But rather than put a line through a return before then, The Daily Telegraph can reveal the NRL would consider the merit of an application made by the Dragons, or any other club, to appoint Flanagan as a head coach.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/c6d1635f318b4113ff9eae8a74e99398

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And you are old enough and smart enough to know you’re fishing in a barrel

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL has opened the door for Shane Flanagan to return in a head coach role as soon as this season, putting further pressure on St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor’s job.

As it stands Flanagan, who is a Dragons assistant coach, isn’t eligible for a head coach role until the end of next season.

But rather than put a line through a return before then, The Daily Telegraph can reveal the NRL would consider the merit of an application made by the Dragons, or any other club, to appoint Flanagan as a head coach.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/c6d1635f318b4113ff9eae8a74e99398
So what? The Terrorgraph says ‘opened the door’. They also said today we haven’t won a premiership since ‘95. I wouldn’t wrap fish and chips with that paper.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what? The Terrorgraph says ‘opened the door’. They also said today we haven’t won a premiership since ‘95. I wouldn’t wrap fish and chips with that paper.
The NRL are weak as piss they will let him back way earlier then 22.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

That's cool, but did the say the would also consider him to not be a drug cheating salary cap rorting yobbo **** now as well??

Hopefully the dragons get the prick so I have another reason to hate St George.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
FMD if we do end up with Flanno there could be a complete 180 on TK!!! Lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I hit the Agee button but from what we’ve seen from Peter V the winds of change are blowing for the better.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only real name that comes to mind and that is of any class would be Anthony Griffin with who's actually available.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate I hit the Agee button but from what we’ve seen from Peter V the winds of change are blowing for the better.
Yeah you could be right mate. Hopefully Peter V puts his foot down.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is that coaching the dogs at the moment is about as appealing as telling people you come from Wuhan .

If a young coach takes the job and does no good his career is shot . And it’s pretty likely that will happen .

Let’s be real . If Adam O’Brien was our coach we would still be none from three . We would have been better but our roster still sucks

Only real option is an older coach who can help get us somewhere because he mightn’t get another gig . Or maybe someone who didn’t finish that great at his last club so will struggle for a gig

And with our leagues club down on trading we don’t have much coin

Personally I would go with Jim Dymock on an 18 month deal . He should have got the job in the first place . Showed he was willing to take chances and change our style in 2011

Then Flanagan for 2022 if it doesn’t work out

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do remember gus writing a letter to Greenberg in support of flannagan to get him coaching earlier.

I also remember gus being a big fan of the one referee.

I also remember gus going on and on about the wastage of $$ at nrl HQ.

I also do remember gus trying to get vlandys to be head of panthers leagues...

Who knows what this all means....

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do remember gus writing a letter to Greenberg in support of flannagan to get him coaching earlier.

I also remember gus being a big fan of the one referee.

I also remember gus going on and on about the wastage of $$ at nrl HQ.

I also do remember gus trying to get vlandys to be head of panthers leagues...

Who knows what this all means....
Do you always start with "I also remember"