News Canterbury Bulldogs coach Dean Pay facing axe ahead of St George Illawarra Dragons clash

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was actually a supporter of Pay as coach in the beginning but blind Freddy can see the rot is setting in. The players don’t look happy..and that’s a big part of winning games.

We really missed the boat with Holbrook. He is a great coach.

in saying that our roster is totally fucked!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no doubt pay is a good bloke and was a great player for the club but that hasn’t translated into being a good NRL coach. Yes the roster is shit but the team is going backwards under pay. I don’t know if it’ll happen but I would like to see Gus involved with the team in some capacity, love him or hate him he’s got one of the best football brains in the business.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaun wane mention about a month want to coach in NRL.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is what happens when people don't place realistic expectations on the team. If people on the board actually think Pay needs to win this weekend otherwise he should be sacked we might as well do it today or get those people off the board (personally I think they're a bit delusional since we were tipped to come second last which technically means the only team we should beat are the Titans). Unless we bring in a top coach I don't see anything changing so lets just become the next Titans I guess. The roster is hot garbage (for good reason, two to three million under the salary cap) and there is no sugar coating it.
It's all just heresy though. There was not a single quote, so the useless reporter who thinks we havbt won a premiership since 1995 is just guessing.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This weekends game could end up being 0-0 . Both teams doing their best to get rid of their coaches!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's all just heresy though. There was not a single quote, so the useless reporter who thinks we havbt won a premiership since 1995 is just guessing.
Yeah well it also applies to our fan base as it's a 50/50 (whatever it is) split atm.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really can’t see how we are favourites for this week. Dragons actually have some quality in there roster. Basically who loses on Monday is gone? Only hung is that we would have to pay him out and what we are going through would they just not resign him for next year ?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now we will smash the dragons by some Absolute miracle, and pay will keep hanging on just a little longer lol.!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay has been under pressure to keep his job before and somehow holds on. This time seems different and it seems a matter of when, not if Pay gets fired.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The rumours of player unrest and frustration of his selections lottery and game plan seem to be closer to the truth.

When your team doesn’t defend like they care as was the case last night and go through the motions it points to the coach ‘losing the locker room’

Contrast that to the way the Knights played with no superstars and one man bench for their rookie coach

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"Canterbury haven’t won a premiership since 1995"
Well there goes the credibility of that article. Who writes this shit? Plainly no one bothers to fact check any of it. What a waste of time even reading it, that's 1 minute I"ll never get back

Go Dogs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive never wanted the dragons to beat us but lets hope we cop a 48-0 scoreline
we need change

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Canterbury haven’t won a premiership since 1995"
Well there goes the credibility of that article. Who writes this shit? Plainly no one bothers to fact check any of it. What a waste of time even reading it, that's 1 minute I"ll never get back

Go Dogs
ok change 95 to 04, credibility back
Go Flogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The rumours of player unrest and frustration of his selections lottery and game plan seem to be closer to the truth.

When your team doesn’t defend like they care as was the case last night and go through the motions it points to the coach ‘losing the locker room’

Contrast that to the way the Knights played with no superstars and one man bench for their rookie coach
The contrast of watching that game and then watching ours really highlighted how far off the mark our team is ATM

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn’t the Dragons smoke us in both meetings last year...expecting the same again

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I for one hope pay stays. However like any successful organisation has some changes around him. Gould would be a good mentor, but he needs a better attacking coach to support him, who ever that may be. Cut ties with some these so called supper star players. If the players can not earn there pay check rather they like the coach or not, like a business should leave. Imagine going to you boss saying we don’t like you tactics, you should leave or I won’t perform

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I for one hope pay stays. However like any successful organisation has some changes around him. Gould would be a good mentor, but he needs a better attacking coach to support him, who ever that may be. Cut ties with some these so called supper star players. If the players can not earn there pay check rather they like the coach or not, like a business should leave. Imagine going to you boss saying we don’t like you tactics, you should leave or I won’t perform
Wants pay to stay.
Successful organisation.

Pick one.

Double C

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s time for the lads to step up, particularly our core of senior players. Dean Pay is an articulate, hard working individual who has done a lot for this football club as a player, coach and leader. The players need to buy into his passion.