Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I recall when there was a virtual uprising about Brad Arthur at Parramatta.
They were calling him a bush coach, amongst other obscenities. They queried his fitness levels
and his game plan.
This year the accusers have all gone underground, and the others see him as a messiah.
Does this sound familiar?
I feel the same thing will happen here.
Pay is a shit head coach.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate, Just working with what we got and sadly Tolman is our best prop... LOL So unless Thompson comes over early we are fcuked.

I don’t agree he is the best we got

that bench is pretty good I hope someone stands tall today and tolman doesn’t walk straight back in.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
While I agree Pay would have selected Foran if fit do you really believe that Lewis would have been replaced for Foran?? I highly doubt it but I can wait till round 4.
No. I think perhaps Pay was looking at Foz 6 / Cogger 7 and when Foz was unavailable, Lewis was named.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Lewis is setting the NRL on fire let’s continue giving him exposure...
Also he hasnt played five eight for a long time. He is not an organising half. Give him a chance at 5/8 he may surprise......I Hope.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of all the shit we hang on the players, coach & board who are way more talented then any of us, good luck today and stick it right up Manly and Des.

Were just waiting to get back on board and cheer you all again.

But if we see another clueless performance then we will continue to call for massive changes as we are entitled to do.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's very hard to see anything except a comfortable Eagles win today.

After seeing more games under the new rules we are going to have big issues adjusting and it makes it harder to grind out results which is pretty much the only way we win.

Our spine just doesn't have enough points in it and if Manly get a couple early it could get ugly.
The six again rule has really brought the 6,7 and 9 back into the game and the ability for those positions to play what is in front of them has become critical........meanwhile at the bulldogs our best half isn’t in the side and we are starting a bloke in the 7 jersey who got hooked by the coach in his last match for poor decisions and fifth tackle options, but everything is ok we just have to be patient....

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The six again rule has really brought the 6,7 and 9 back into the game and the ability for those positions to play what is in front of them has become critical........meanwhile at the bulldogs our best half isn’t in the side and we are starting a bloke in the 7 jersey who got hooked by the coach in his last match for poor decisions and fifth tackle options, but everything is ok we just have to be patient....
No, Lewis has been named at 6.
Cogger is 7 and hopefully takes more the organising role until Foz is given the green light (maybe as soon as next week). There simply has to be a reason for Wakeham not being named that is unknown externally.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No, Lewis has been named at 6.
Cogger is 7 and hopefully takes more the organising role until Foz is given the green light (maybe as soon as next week). There simply has to be a reason for Wakeham not being named that is unknown externally.
It doesn’t matter if Lewis wears the six or seven, he has proven that his ego will push him to try and be the dominant half problem is his skill levels are about 10 years behind his ego,

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bulldogs Manly combined 13 (going off Team Lists)

1. DWZ < Trbojevic
2. Meaney < Taufua*
3. Reimis < Parker*
4. Hopoate > Suli*
5. Crichtion < Garrick
6. Lewis < Walker
7. Cogger < DCE
8. Sue < AFB
9. JMK > Levi* ( :D )
10. Napa < Taupau
11. Jackson > Thompson*
12. Britt < Sironen
13. Elliott < Trbojevic

* ='s can make a case for who I didn't pick.

On paper this should be a 13+ Manly. If we can be competitive and in the contest for the majority of the game that's all we can ask for really. Anything is possible.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if Lewis wears the six or seven, he has proven that his ego will push him to try and be the dominant half problem is his skill levels are about 10 years behind his ego,
I’d say he learnt from being hooked in Round 2 but regardless I think his promotion is likely only until Foz is available. Foz will be 6 - and Pay is trying to figure out whether Cogger or Wakeham should start at 7. Wakeham had 2 games now it’s Cogger’s turn. I know many believe Wakeham is a shoe-in, but to me he’s still largely wet behind the ears. Also depends on what the plans for Averillo are. Personally I see Averillo in the backline as I think it’s likely Holland, Montoya and possibly Harper won’t be with us in 2021.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d say he learnt from being hooked in Round 2 but regardless I think his promotion is likely only until Foz is available. Foz will be 6 - and Pay is trying to figure out whether Cogger or Wakeham should start at 7. Wakeham had 2 games now it’s Cogger’s turn. I know many believe Wakeham is a shoe-in, but to me he’s still largely wet behind the ears. Also depends on what the plans for Averillo are. Personally I see Averillo in the backline as I think it’s likely Holland, Montoya and possibly Harper won’t be with us in 2021.
They are all wet behind the ears but until we pick our best halves and and stick with them there will be no improvement in any of them. Changing halves week to week ruins the continuity of the whole side

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m feeling an upset today. I think the new rules actually might suit us. JMK can get out and run from DH. One thing I took from the first 2 games was indeed how fit we actually looked. Players looked ripped. Not a bit of pudginess like recent years.

A stat I found interesting is that Manly have only scored one try in there opening two games. There attack is not exactly setting the world on fire either.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs Manly combined 13 (going off Team Lists)

1. DWZ < Trbojevic
2. Meaney < Taufua*
3. Reimis < Parker*
4. Hopoate > Suli*
5. Crichtion < Garrick
6. Lewis < Walker
7. Cogger < DCE
8. Sue < AFB
9. JMK > Levi* ( :D )
10. Napa < Taupau
11. Jackson > Thompson*
12. Britt < Sironen
13. Elliott < Trbojevic

* ='s can make a case for who I didn't pick.

On paper this should be a 13+ Manly. If we can be competitive and in the contest for the majority of the game that's all we can ask for really. Anything is possible.
Can’t see us scoring more than 10 points...this going to be a long afternoon.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Smith in the centres is a bust.
He wants to try something different to spark the attack, try him at fullback as the best broken field runner we have ...got nothing else to lose, them he can develop a passing game.
As for the rest of our spine ....auuugh!! :(

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m feeling an upset today. I think the new rules actually might suit us. JMK can get out and run from DH. One thing I took from the first 2 games was indeed how fit we actually looked. Players looked ripped. Not a bit of pudginess like recent years.

A stat I found interesting is that Manly have only scored one try in there opening two games. There attack is not exactly setting the world on fire either.
I hope you’re right bro I really do.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don’t agree he is the best we got

that bench is pretty good I hope someone stands tall today and tolman doesn’t walk straight back in.
He is our best prop... Napa is hot and cold, RT, Ogden and RFM are still raw at NRL level in the middle and Britt is a backrower. Sue will get a run today but he shouldve been playing in the ESL 3 years ago.

Recruitment hinges a lot on RFM, Ogden and RT so hopefully they knuckle down and consolidate their spots.