Social Media Return for Reynolds??

Thegoldtoothrat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reynolds night and day over JMK and Katoa. If he wasn't injury prone and could string some games together, regaining confidence, he'd be worth the contract he's currently on (similar to Foran). When fit you pick them over what you have. I'm not saying Reynolds is our hooking saviour but what we currently have is so bad and unless we can get Friend, Mahoney or pick someone on contract up Reynolds is a good option for the right price (which imo is Tigers chipping in 400k, allowing us to pick him up for 350k).
Jake granville getting on but is an attacking player , forgot friend hes lichaa but 30yrs old and a rooster fuck that. But if reynolds is coming he will be a more then capable hooker hes got mongrel skill enthusiasm effort on effort

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds could be in Canterbury colours as early as next week

The Daily Telegraph understands Reynolds' management held productive talks with Tigers officials about a move to the Bulldogs.

It's believed the Tigers are willing to release Reynolds from the final two years of his deal at Concord to join Canterbury in season 2020 and are willing to pay half of his salary if a deal can be struck between the two parties.

Last week, The Daily Telegraph revealed Reynolds held talks with Canterbury officials on Anzac Day about his potential homecoming.

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is also keen to bring Reynolds, a local junior, home but it's understood the final decision rests in the hands of the board and if rubber stamped could see the playmaker back in Canterbury colours next week.

With uncertainty around what the salary cap will look like beyond season 2020 and with the playing future of playmaker Benji Marshall undecided, it was suggested the Tigers were initially reluctant to let Reynolds move on.

Reynolds was named in the halves in place of injured halfback Luke Brooks in the opening two rounds of the season and was one of their best players.

Tigers captain Moses Mbye, who also played alongside Reynolds at Belmore, said he hadn't spoken to his teammate about his playing future but would support his decision to play out the rest of his career as a Bulldog.

“From a personal point of view, I haven’t spoken to Grub [Reynolds] about it. I think he’s a pretty tough couple of years and he hasn’t had much reward for the hard work he has put in. So whatever happens with Grub, whether it be here or anywhere else it will be good to see him playing first grade footy back where he belongs," Mbye said.

"Whatever is best for him, I’m certainly supporting, I haven’t told him that but that’s what I’d be telling him if he wanted advice from me."

Competition for key positions in Tigers coach Michael Maguire's spine has increased with the arrival of former Melbourne Storm hooker Harry Grant.

Grant is likely to replace five-eighth turned makeshift dummy-half Billy Walters at hooker when the season restarts from May 28. Walters played the first two games of the season at no. 9, a position Reynolds has been used in by Maguire in the past.

Halfback Luke Brooks is also set to return from injury and take his place alongside Benji Marshall in the halves.

"We’ve got expectations of Harry [Grant] and what he’s shown us in the first week of training has been exceptional. It comes down to Madge [Maguire] to select the best team that he thinks will do the best job for him. It’s a good headache for a head coach to have, a little bit of depth, it’s something we haven’t had for the last couple of seasons," Mbye said.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...k/news-story/4842fb1ed429e4fc803f603c79fc96f5

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s one positive about Reynolds returning it removes any doubt about Pay and Anderson being the wrong people to lead us out of this mess and have to go before they cause more damage.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So are we paying 400k? Fk me

We have the most useless recruitment /board/coach since 1935

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s one positive about Reynolds returning it removes any doubt about Pay and Anderson being the wrong people to lead us out of this mess and have to go before they cause more damage.
If we lose Wakeham or Averillo then that will do me. Reynolds is a decent depth signing if he’s cheap and used in that way. If he walks straight into our side then Pay has to go as well

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we lose Wakeham or Averillo then that will do me. Reynolds is a decent depth signing if he’s cheap and used in that way. If he walks straight into our side then Pay has to go as well
I’m against Reynolds coming back no matter the price but going off that article they are paying half! Over $300k for Reynolds is insane.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So are we paying 400k? Fk me

We have the most useless recruitment /board/coach since 1935
There’s reports he’s on $750k but also some saying its higher then that it’s safe to say if we are paying half it will be more then $300k.

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s reports he’s on $750k but also higher then that it’s safe to say if we are paying half it will be more then $300k.
Agree, if the signing was more of a loan type for just this year, then I could be more open to it, however, this makes no sense. This spits in the face of all the fans for the rubbish we have been given to supposedly give time for a proper rebuild.
This board talks about Bulldog DNA & the past, which I’m all for, however, living on past reputation alone is not good sound business. The bulldogs will end up like MySpace.
Kinda ironic that the late Bullfrog was the godfather of the Dogs during the golden years while his daughter is currently overlooking the possible demise of the Bulldogs.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So fucking stupid

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There’s reports he’s on $750k but also some saying its higher then that it’s safe to say if we are paying half it will be more then $300k.
I don’t see the logic
If Foran is back then he covers halves with Wakeham and Averillo learning his trade behind Foz albeit utility bench player

Reynolds signing makes no sense at all especially if we tipping in half
Tigers must not believe their luck !

The board are too fixated on this family club slogan of yesteryear and Reynolds re signing is part of this irrelevant narrative

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Half his salary for two more seasons? Fucking hell.... Plenty of people like myself have tried to give the club the benefit of the doubt and tried not to panic until signings for 2021 were made but signing Reynolds for 350k plus means it's panic time and just confirms a lot of people's fears.

No doubt the Pay/Lynne apologists will justify this and tell me I'm not a true supporter but how many years of signing reserve graders and mediocre players can we take?

Every other club is trying to sign top end talent or the best youngsters and we finally have a tonne of cap space and waste a chunk of it on a player who has been injured or in reserve grade for the past two years.

We've all become used to the club making horrible decisions for the past five years but this is a new low.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's dumb and dumber and Lynne isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Pay will likely be re-signed if he still has so much input into our signings for next year and beyond.

So we're stuck with these morons for who knows how much longer and they'll fuck the cap space as badly as Dib and Hasler did.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t see the logic
If Foran is back then he covers halves with Wakeham and Averillo learning his trade behind Foz albeit utility bench player

Reynolds signing makes no sense at all especially if we tipping in half
Tigers must not believe their luck !

The board are too fixated on this family club slogan of yesteryear and Reynolds re signing is part of this irrelevant narrative
Tigers will be loving it and it just shows how out of touch our club is.

I can already see the press release with the club talking it up like a prized signing and saying Bulldogs DNA a million times.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half his salary for two more seasons? Fucking hell.... Plenty of people like myself have tried to give the club the benefit of the doubt and tried not to panic until signings for 2021 were made but signing Reynolds for 350k plus means it's panic time and just confirms a lot of people's fears.

No doubt the Pay/Lynne apologists will justify this and tell me I'm not a true supporter but how many years of signing reserve graders and mediocre players can we take?

Every other club is trying to sign top end talent or the best youngsters and we finally have a tonne of cap space and waste a chunk of it on a player who has been injured or in reserve grade for the past two years.

We've all become used to the club making horrible decisions for the past five years but this is a new low.
I can’t believe I’m saying this but the Tigers are looking a hell of a lot more professional than us.
Unfortunately, it's dumb and dumber and Lynne is going anywhere anytime soon. Pay will likely be re-signed if he still has so much input into our signings for next year and beyond.

So we're stuck with these morons for who knows how much longer and they'll fuck the cap space as badly as Dib and Hasler did.
Dont forget Raelene.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we are going to spend over $300k on a injury riddled half I'd rather re-sign Foran.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m saying this but the Tigers are looking a hell of a lot more professional than us.

Dont forget Raelene.
Exactly. Also ran clubs are passing us by. We're the minnows and also rans now.

The excuse of cap dramas was viable at our club but there are no excuses now. The Tigers themselves were cap fucked just like we were and now they've signed Luciano, Talau, Grant, Walters, the young forward from Parra and a few other impressive players since Madge took over. They turned it around way quicker than we have and look more likely to make the finals than we do.

Meanwhile, our club is helping their cap situation by taking back a player who can't even crack their FG side for two years and they're a bottom 8 team.

My head is about to explode with how little signing Reynolds makes sense.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
can people now see this bulldogs DNA thing is bullshit and nothing more than a play on words used by scammers to make us believe they care about the club

bulldogs dna doesn't win games, quality players win games

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m against Reynolds coming back no matter the price but going off that article they are paying half! Over $300k for Reynolds is insane.
Agreed but to be fair to the board the signings we do make very rarely hit the papers before hand. I hope this is all noise coming from the tigers no way we pay half. I hope

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its hard to think of a signing that makes less sense with where we are, offers nothing we need

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Tigers move into the right direction and we move in the wrong direction. Fuck man, so pathetic from our coach and board. We are turning in to a boys club. Give jobs to ex dogs players left right and centre.