Status
Not open for further replies.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brown and Pay are not even in the same category. Brown is a known rebuilder of teams. Everyone in the NRL knew and even Brown said himself numerous times that he was there for the rebuild only. Pay has proven he is not at NRL standards at all. Your inept comments just proves your knowledge of this is poor and unsubstantiated.
They're both rebuild coaches. In Brown's first season with the Knights he finished 16th. In his second season he was able to start recruiting players like I mentioned. So Brown finished 16th with a squad that wasn't competitive and so far Pay has finished 12th and 12th. Using your logic you can't judge Pay until after 2021 at least (when he can recruit players to our roster, the second part of the "rebuild"). You're an idiot if you think Brown didn't want to coach that Knights team moving forward. Brown was sacked because he didn't meet the expectations set and replaced by a better coach in O'Brien. Stop talking about things you have no idea about. You wouldn't know what to look for in the tactical side of the game.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the players "we talked to" were only creations of the kennel.
Very few of those mentioned were ever considered.
Theres a saying.."You cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear"
Our financial position, post Hasler was diabolical. If the money is not there you cannot get recruits.
I wasn’t speaking of the David Holland creations on here, I’m talking about the ones I mentioned above and so on.

How much do we have left of this years cap?
Plus the $350 from Foz injury.

We signed fringe first graders Katoa, Stimpsom and Brit. Everyone knows we need a tough, strong and fast front rower, (Thompson should fit that role), but we also require decent centers and at least one winger and a controlling half for the 2020 season, but nothing has happened and I’d say with Pay it won’t.

Anyone who thinks our recruitment has been anything but below average is fooling themselves.

And I could also mention in the time Pay has been in control, playing players out of position and so on, but it’s been mentioned enough on here. [emoji23][emoji23]

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Wabbits desperately need 2 decent forwards, Bennet tried to get DFafita from the Broncos and Frizell from Saints. Frizell has already passed on Bennett and every day it looks like DFafita is going to do the same. Frizell chose an unproven O’Brien over Bennett, another player obviously not all that concerned with who the coach is. I would also point out that having Flanagan, a premiership winning coach, at StGeorge also didn’t seem that much of an attraction for Frizell either.

Go Dogs
How do we know he passed on Souths and Bennett? They already signed Arrow so they couldn't make a huge offer to Frizell.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I wasn’t speaking of the David Holland creations on here, I’m talking about the ones I mentioned above and so on.

We signed fringe first graders Katoa, Stimpsom and Brit. Everyone knows we need a tough, strong and fast front rower, (Thompson should fit that role), but we also require decent centers and at least one winger and a controlling half for the 2020 season, but nothing has happened and I’d say with Pay it won’t.

Anyone who thinks our recruitment has been anything but below average is fooling themselves.

And I could also mention in the time Pay has been in control, playing players out of position and so on, but it’s been mentioned enough on here or do you not register that in that pea brain of yours. [emoji23][emoji23]
It's below average because the club refuses/is hesitant to pay overs you dummy. We're only able to attract opportunist/reject players that no one else wants otherwise. It's all Pay's fault because Brown is a top coach so the Knights being able to recruit top talent doesn't count!!!!!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's below average because the club refuses/is hesitant to pay overs you dummy. We're only able to attract opportunist/reject players that no one else wants otherwise. It's all Pay's fault because Brown is a top coach so the Knights being able to recruit top talent doesn't count!!!!!
Wow “Dummy”. Big call.

Your argument is below average and you put on show your poor intellect and knowledge of what an NRL side needs to excel.

If we HAD a decent coach we wouldn’t have to pay OVERS fool. So you get my point although you try and argue it anyway.

Now give yourself an uppercut and pull your head in you goose!

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're both rebuild coaches. In Brown's first season with the Knights he finished 16th. In his second season he was able to start recruiting players like I mentioned. So Brown finished 16th with a squad that wasn't competitive and so far Pay has finished 12th and 12th. Using your logic you can't judge Pay until after 2021 at least (when he can recruit players to our roster, the second part of the "rebuild"). You're an idiot if you think Brown didn't want to coach that Knights team moving forward. Brown was sacked because he didn't meet the expectations set and replaced by a better coach in O'Brien. Stop talking about things you have no idea about. You wouldn't know what to look for in the tactical side of the game.
Bahahaha you are a dick!

I never said Brown didn’t want to keep coaching Knights, I was just stating he knew he’s time was up, and spoke openly about it. And that he always acknowledged he was there for a limited time.

Mate I’d know more about playing, coaching and managing footy teams than you dumbass!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How do we know he passed on Souths and Bennett? They already signed Arrow so they couldn't make a huge offer to Frizell.
Damien Cook went to school with Frizell and has been trying to get him across to the Wabbits since last season. The hard sell was on when they roomed together for SOO last year and following SBurgess retirement.

Souths haven’t used all of their Cap space for 2020 as yet and they have plenty of space for 2021, at the end of this season they have 11 players off contract including Johnson and Mitchell, plus they are shopping Gagai around.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

And I could also mention in the time Pay has been in control, playing players out of position and so on, but it’s been mentioned enough on here. [emoji23][emoji23]
Since 2018 we have recruited what we could afford to considering our Cap position. So of course our recruitment has been below average because we have to have 30 players, there is a minimum that we are allowed to pay and we did not and still do not have enough Cap space to recruit much above average. Sure we all don’t like it, but it’s a fact.

When you are forced to look for value sometimes you get diamonds and sometimes you get rocks. Then it takes time to turn the rocks into something reasonable. Sometimes despite everyone’s best efforts it doesn’t work out, then you move them on.

I’m not sure that with Foran only missing potentially 2 games that the NRL will allows us the $350k at all. Then there is the question that since the players took a pay cut would it even be $350k now anyway.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since 2018 we have recruited what we could afford to considering our Cap position. So of course our recruitment has been below average because we have to have 30 players, there is a minimum that we are allowed to pay and we did not and still do not have enough Cap space to recruit much above average. Sure we all don’t like it, but it’s a fact.

When you are forced to look for value sometimes you get diamonds and sometimes you get rocks. Then it takes time to turn the rocks into something reasonable. Sometimes despite everyone’s best efforts it doesn’t work out, then you move them on.

I’m not sure that with Foran only missing potentially 2 games that the NRL will allows us the $350k at all. Then there is the question that since the players took a pay cut would it even be $350k now anyway.

Go Dogs
Yeah I’m not sure about the $350k now either, but it was approved before the season was suspended, you would think the NRL would still pay it, or maybe they already have?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two things to this. The reason I repeat myself is because of people like you OR I'm replying to a different user.

I don't think Pay is a top coach but I don't think we're going to be able to get a top coach and at best we'd be doing a sideways swap which I fail to understand why when Pay has met the expectations that have been placed on him (and actually done better - if you disagree with this then for whatever reason you've been living under a rock AND you're unable to compare our roster to any of the other teams - there are only two rosters in the NRL we're competitive with). This isn't a perfect time to get a top coach because one isn't available! In 2022 there are potentially two top coaches that are available.

You say Pay can't attract players but Brown was able to at the Knights who were in a much worse position than us. This is why I repeat myself because people like you quote me even tho I've already given you the answer. Pay being the reason we can't attract players ends here. There is literally no argument you can make.

Yes, I don't agree with where all the players are playing. Meaney isn't a top fullback either so to keep DWZ happy I get it, the difference between the two is negligible. The Reimis move to centres smells to me like JAC is coming. The rest of the squad I can't really complain with and it's almost the same squad I'd pick.[/QUOTE
I wouldn't be so sure that JAC is coming to our club. I'll bet that he will be picked up by another club like the rooster it rabbits

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure about the $350k now either, but it was approved before the season was suspended, you would think the NRL would still pay it, or maybe they already have?
No money changes hands in these cases so nothing is ever ‘paid’ - it’s simply an extension of the salary cap for the club to spend in that year, however due to season suspension and if Foz is fit when it resumes may not apply at all anyway.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay should have been turfed out last year.
It doesnt really matter how much he has left , this season is written off in my opinion.
Of course the excuses will come thick and fast...... that he hasn’t got a decent roster etc etc blah blah .
How about all the coaches around the world in numerous codes who take not so flash rosters yet you see improvements in some players .
No player has improved under Pay in the time he has coached us, in fact players have regressed under him.

This is totally right. No excuses. Just go and get the job done. we've seen no improvements in play. No improvements among players. We have actually gone backwards.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is totally right. No excuses. Just go and get the job done. we've seen no improvements in play. No improvements among players. We have actually gone backwards.
I agree totally. It’s time for a change, and the board should turn him before the season starts again, get a caretaker and put the word out and see who applies for it.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No improvements among players.
Really, so Elliott hasn’t improved, even the Elliot haters on here would disagree with you on that.
I think you’d get plenty of arguments if you claimed Meaney hasn’t improved.
Britt is playing better in 2 games with us that has in any previous NRL season.
CHN last season was so improved that he earned a permanent spot in the Kiwi teams (too bad he wasn't thinking with this brain).
Napa, even his detractors would agree is playing way better this year.
To’omaga and RFM are now permanent NRL players.
Wakeham, etc etc
Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree totally. It’s time for a change, and the board should turn him before the season starts again, get a caretaker and put the word out and see who applies for it.
Who is this "caretaker" that you are suggesting? That would be willing to break their current contract to come to us halfway through a season? Who do you think, that is a demonstrable upgrade, might possible apply?
The team is back training next week, that's when the season restarts, not when the first game back is played.
Who (caretaker or replacement) you gunnna get in a week?
Bennett, seriously? Flanagan is NOT AVAILABLE (the NRL won't allow it) till 2022. Maguire has already turned us down once and he's contracted until 2022 as is Bellamy.

It's all very well claiming that "it's time for a change" but lacks credibility if you can't suggest who to change to.

Go Dogs

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who is this "caretaker" that you are suggesting? That would be willing to break their current contract to come to us halfway through a season? Who do you think, that is a demonstrable upgrade, might possible apply?
The team is back training next week, that's when the season restarts, not when the first game back is played.
Bennett, seriously? Flanagan is NOT AVAILABLE (the NRL won't allow it) till 2022. Maguire has already turned us down once and he's contracted until 2022 as is Bellamy.

It's all very well claiming that "it's time for a change" but lacks credibility if you can't suggest who to change to.

Go Dogs
"The team is back training next week, that's when the season restarts, not when the first game back is played." INCORRECT!

The season doesn't restart because the teams that are 2 wins from 2 games will kee their respective points. There is no restart it's simply resuming to a different format. If it was restarting every team would be starting on the same points and that clearly isn't happening as already stated.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"The team is back training next week, that's when the season restarts, not when the first game back is played." INCORRECT!

The season doesn't restart because the teams that are 2 wins from 2 games will kee their respective points. There is no restart it's simply resuming to a different format. If ut was restarting every team would be starting on the same points and that clearly isn't happening as already stated.
FYI "restart" (Oxford Dictionary definition "to resume (something, such as an activity) after interruption").
Ergo, CORRECT.

Go Dogs

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Mate I never suggested Bennett or Flanagan! But I’m sure the club would be able to get a caretaker without any issues. Or maybe Pay with see out the season, let’s just hope he is not online for next year.

They need to get the word out now to see who applies for the full time role as head coach.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate I never suggested Bennett or Flanagan! But I’m sure the club would be able to get a caretaker without any issues. Or maybe Pay with see out the season, let’s just hope he is not online for next year.

They need to get the word out now to see who applies for the full time role as head coach.
Pay is the caretaker... when a top coach is available and it makes sense/fits what we want moving forward we'll get them. Pay has a chance, but he's a rebuild coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.