Jayden Okunbor to appeal NRL deregistration for schoolgirl sex scandal

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
LOLL when did I ever abuse @DinkumDog or any other member? Don't drag me into this @Nasheed I've not taken any sides.
Nasheed gets everyone talking on here which I think is a great thing. Whichever way you see it, he gets this place moving which is a positive in these times when nothing's going on.

In saying that he's a master troll who makes absolutely ridiculous statements like the one including you and me but somehow managed to come out of it smelling like roses. Master. Continually plays with negativity and honestly deserves a role in politics ... If he or someone he knows doesn't have some connection to it already.

Could say plenty on all of this but it'll only encourage more. @Nasheed continue on your merry way but as I've said via PM stop dropping my name into your dribble. I've already blocked you so enough is enough. Thanks

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jaydens quiet optimistic appealing so soon.. if anything CHN would have a greater chance of winning an appeal IMO..

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
boys just a reminder when we talk about this stuff to be respectful to all parties

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disrepute means just that tarnished our club tarnished the game hope his appeal fails

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Punishment for what tho? Having a verbal argument with his Mrs? Inside their home?

Did our boys do anything illegal?

or was it morally wrong like lafai smashing up walls inside his home while arguing with his wife?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

or was it morally wrong like lafai smashing up walls inside his home while arguing with his wife?
I think that is a great point Phalangist.

If we are to put aside Kennel tag teams for a minute and take your point further I would ask, are we more pissed about the punishment compared to the precedent set with players at other clubs and their crimes. Or do we actually think with all the facts that they did absolutely nothing wrong?

I can understand the point of view that there have been many players who have committed equally as bad or even worse offences and appeared to go virtually unpunished. If we did not have the history at Coffs and Mad Monday etc. would the reaction and outcome have been the same? Perhaps not, maybe the punishment would have been more measured.

Or is the problem that some of us regardless of the club history think that CHN and JO did nothing wrong except rooting a couple of legal aged chicks. While equally, some of us think it was inexcusable because of our history, their age and the fact they are/were highly paid representatives of our club and the League. And although just young men themselves, they knew it could be a massive issue if caught ..? You can easily make a case for either depending on your view.

Everyone does stupid things in life for one reason or another, but we all know that they come with consequences if caught or things go wrong. They both knew the rules and the clubs history, and in the end not only have the been heavily punished but it has hurt their families, team mates and club.

You speed and get caught, you get a ticket. You steal from work and get caught you lose your job and probably talk to the cops. They were not speeding and they stole nothing. So, illegal? definitely not. But was it a massive fuck up on their part, and they knew it could be before they did?

Maybe, that is the question.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think that is a great point Phalangist.

If we are to put aside Kennel tag teams for a minute and take your point further I would ask, are we more pissed about the punishment compared to the precedent set with players at other clubs and their crimes. Or do we actually think with all the facts that they did absolutely nothing wrong?

I can understand the point of view that there have been many players who have committed equally as bad or even worse offences and appeared to go virtually unpunished. If we did not have the history at Coffs and Mad Monday etc. would the reaction and outcome have been the same? Perhaps not, maybe the punishment would have been more measured.

Or is the problem that some of us regardless of the club history think that CHN and JO did nothing wrong except rooting a couple of legal aged chicks. While equally, some of us think it was inexcusable because of our history, their age and the fact they are/were highly paid representatives of our club and the League. And although just young men themselves, they knew it could be a massive issue if caught ..? You can easily make a case for either depending on your view.

Everyone does stupid things in life for one reason or another, but we all know that they come with consequences if caught or things go wrong. They both knew the rules and the clubs history, and in the end not only have the been heavily punished but it has hurt their families, team mates and club.

You speed and get caught, you get a ticket. You steal from work and get caught you lose your job and probably talk to the cops. They were not speeding and they stole nothing. So, illegal? definitely not. But was it a massive fuck up on their part, and they knew it could be before they did?

Maybe, that is the question.
I completely agree.

They were stupid and in in Okunbours case unbelievably stupid.

They deserved to be punished, but I do not believe this punishment fits the crime.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Been over this a thousand and one times mate and am not going to bore the kennel with another debate on it. Understand why you're saying this and are entitled to your views.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So why was an AVO given ?
People can correct me if I'm wrong, however in this day and age I believe AVOs are being used by partners as a tool for any possible future child support and/or divorce proceedings. Imagine that the wife probably lawyered up on this with an AVO being the suggested next step.

Other option is that the wife was honestly scared because she hadnt seen her husband like that before. AVO don't necessarily mean that violence has been committed, but a fear it will be. Again happy to be corrected.

Either way actual violence being committed isn't a prerequisite for an AVO being served

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just hard to take the NRL seriously with this when we have police bashers, wife bashers, prisoners and players that should be in prison still playing our game.
That will be the argument knockonthedoor has no hope though

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow....just wow. I could understand if CHN appealed....even though I think the sanction was fair enough.....but Okunbor? Just wow. Grow up, man child.
Saw him moving out of his Liverpool apartment his mrs must of dumped him

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting but expected next step from JO. This is his livelihood so of course wouldn't want to go down without a fight. Who can blame him for at least trying?

Strange there's nothing on CHN on this but no doubt his appeal will follow which is only fair. They've got the right to do it and good luck to them.

It's not what the club needs but at same time they need to acknowledge that the players have every right to do it and support them in whichever way they can.

Will he win his appeal? I'd be surprised considering how much the NRL and club has put into this including extending their hearing time. What result do I want? The right one, which I believe the club and NRL has made
CHN also appealed next day

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CHN also appealed next day
Yes. Saw that. As I said previously. Fully expected and good for them.

If the club and NRL did their homework then they've got nothing to worry about. However, if as expected they did then the effort from JO and CHN will prove to be fruitless.