News Footy is back on May 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully if true they catch up with him & he ends up in jail.

The borders are shut for a reason & arseholes are breaking the law.

QLD are dobbers ATM, so hopefully someone dobs him in.
Next door neighbour had to travel to his mates place to check on him. He lives about 15 km away. When he went there yesterday he noticed an influx of people to the area where there are a lot of holiday houses which are usually vacant except for you guessed it holiday time. People not heeding the warnings about staying at home. We live in a small town and have one hospital within 50 km of where we live where there are already covid 19 cases. Small rural hospitals are not equipped to deal with an influx of people who should not be here. We have not even bought our daughter here ( she lives in Sydney) because gee we are abiding by the rules. Airbnb are the biggest offenders because real estate agents don't make the bookings for them so no records to check.

Reactions: Kaz

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What about all the teachers still going to school, all the construction workers, all the people still catching public transport, trains to work, people really need to shut the fuck up already, the nrl has every right to continue under the current guidelines
Maybe but they are not essential services......

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about all the teachers still going to school, all the construction workers, all the people still catching public transport, trains to work, people really need to shut the fuck up already, the nrl has every right to continue under the current guidelines
Lol. There not tackling and lying on top of one another. You can’t be serious

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right move medically...

how can you maintain social distancing in this game?

And how is it that global multi billion dollar sports such as nba or epl not be playing right now, and our bush league (in comparison) sports comp discover a way to continue?

something smells fishy. I just don’t believe these guys have the players best interests at heart.

let’s hope they’re all tested before they get on the field and no spectators are allowed... they say some soccer match in Italy was a biological corona disaster.
Greenturd and co have only one interest. Money. They will kill whomever they need to do get more if it. As evidenced by their constant push to keep playing. They never made any decisions on their own. They were forced. They'll be forced again. May 28 won't happen or at least is shouldn't fucking happen.

Another point. I believe greenturd is doing everything in his power to runt he reputation of the game into the ground by making it come off as selfish as fuck. Because he knows he has no job in it next year and he's been on the out for a while.

In any case government said they'll still need permission to resume and they won't get it if covid19 is still around. Which it will be.

People need to understand this is a LONG PROCESS. BE FUCKING PATIENT. IT WILL PASS!

STAY INSIDE. DONT BE A DICK LIKE BONDI BEACHGOERS.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It dosemt matter they are still working next to eachother
True to point mate, but significantly different in reality. For example, no matter as a teacher you need to have some distance between you and the student. There's a reason why so many docs and nurses are getting infected because they're literay breathing in their patients' breaths. All day. Many without proper protective clothing

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Greenturd and co have only one interest. Money. They will kill whomever they need to do get more if it. As evidenced by their constant push to keep playing. They never made any decisions on their own. They were forced. They'll be forced again. May 28 won't happen or at least is shouldn't fucking happen.

Another point. I believe greenturd is doing everything in his power to runt he reputation of the game into the ground by making it come off as selfish as fuck. Because he knows he has no job in it next year and he's been on the out for a while.

In any case government said they'll still need permission to resume and they won't get it if covid19 is still around. Which it will be.

People need to understand this is a LONG PROCESS. BE FUCKING PATIENT. IT WILL PASS!

STAY INSIDE. DONT BE A DICK LIKE BONDI BEACHGOERS.
A lot of hate on here for Greenburg that's for sure. Most likely justified as he was below par for the dogs, now even worse at the NRL.

But screwing over the NRL on purpose? He's incompetent. Simple as.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol. There not tackling and lying on top of one another. You can’t be serious
It dosemt matter they are still working next to eachother
Unless the NRL has the inside running on a vaccine or cure they are the ones kidding themselves. Absolutely zero chance of the game restating in May, fucking zero.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hoping round 3 squad will look like this
1. Dwz (dont write him off yet had a bad start but will come good)
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. Jmk/ Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jacko
12. To’omaga
13. Elliot
14. Averillo
15. Britt
16. Rfm
17. Ogden.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
By the time the NRL restarts there will be next to zero new cases. With no one allowed in the country there won’t be any chance for carriers to get here and any that do will get quarantined.

NRL players and other team members are going to live within a very tightly managed risk. They have been self isolating, will be in quarantine for 14 days before the season starts and they will get tested daily while the season is in progress.

The protocols are not that difficult, relatively easy to enforce and there’s ~6 weeks to put it all in place.

Go Dogs

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Unless the NRL has the inside running on a vaccine or cure they are the ones kidding themselves. Absolutely zero chance of the game restating in May, fucking zero.
We have vaccines for flu every year and it doesn’t do shit, and there are more deaths with the flu, so next time think before you say something

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope they let a few people in for a bit of chatter.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have vaccines for flu every year and it doesn’t do shit, and there are more deaths with the flu, so next time think before you say something
What???? Think before I say something..

What fuckin rock have you been hiding under? The fucking world has been shut down, borders closed, over 100,000+ are already dead, economy’s around the world are crashing, unemployment is shyrocketing and everyone is locked up in their houses..

I will bet you are a milenial, so I won’t suggest you think before saying something because thinking is not a skill you are lucky enough to have.

FMD..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
By the time the NRL restarts there will be next to zero new cases. With no one allowed in the country there won’t be any chance for carriers to get here and any that do will get quarantined.

NRL players and other team members are going to live within a very tightly managed risk. They have been self isolating, will be in quarantine for 14 days before the season starts and they will get tested daily while the season is in progress.

The protocols are not that difficult, relatively easy to enforce and there’s ~6 weeks to put it all in place.

Go Dogs
Sounds wonderful on paper. Really does. But is that realistic?

Countries that were hit before Australia e.g. Singapore, Japan, South Korea, all had much stricter restrictions and had quite low initial infections. All of these countries saw a second wave of infections.

I'm not saying what the NRL is doing is right or wrong ... but you're presenting it as it's a clear cut easy decision but I honestly don't think it is. Personally, I'd be extremely surprised if the NRL is allowed to go through with it.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
So you have a matrix that formulates zero infections as at May 28? You & the NRL are immuned from this Pandemic & all the Health Authorities in Australia & internationally as well MAJOR sporting organisations are clueless & misinformed?
You’re very apathetic to the seriousness of this virus. If you know any health workers (nurses & doctors ) working at the coal face & ask them about the infectiousness of COVID 19 & see if you still think it’s as simple as you think to risk manage.
There is only 1 reason the NRL want to start on May 28 ,so they can stem the financial haemorrhage. The NRL should have had the nest egg for just this situation; instead they chose to form NRL Inc.
Make no mistake rugby league will be a very different beast in 2021.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

What fuckin rock have you been hiding under? The fucking world has been shut down, borders closed, over 100,000+ are already dead, economy’s around the world are crashing, unemployment is shyrocketing and everyone is locked up in their houses..

I will bet you are a milenial, so I won’t suggest you think before saying something because thinking is not a skill you are lucky enough to have.

FMD..
I will bet you are something I call a sheep

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

FMD..
Mate don’t worry - this was from a guy who’s been saying the virus is the new world order - it’s a weapon in how ‘they’ want to control ‘us’ (speaking of FMD :-)).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will bet you are something I call a sheep
Stop smoking whatever it is you are puffing mate, you are off your chops.

What else you got for us? Vaccination is a conspiracy, the world is flat, The Dogs are everyone else’s 2nd team??

I am not a fan of resorting to personal insults but you are fucking out there champ.

Do us a favour and go out as often as you can in public, touch as many surfaces as possible, breath deeply, pick your nose, rub your eyes and never ever wash your hands..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Case closed. Sounds like a foolproof plan where nothing could possibly go wrong. Except, you know, for this whole pandemic thingamajig that's kind of a big deal right now.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Case closed. Sounds like a foolproof plan where nothing could possibly go wrong. Except, you know, for this whole pandemic thingamajig that's kind of a big deal right now.
The thing that does my head in is the world is fucked at the moment and yet some some people are in complete denial..

Funny thing is 2 weeks ago the press and many celebs were demanding “shutdown” and now are demanding “easing” of restrictions?

$500 billion in Oz alone in financial aid and stimulus implemented in literally days and millions suddenly unemployed, but apparently it is all just a beat up...

Status
Not open for further replies.