News Injury update: Stimson to undergo surgery

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are currently in lockdown like the other 15 clubs and can provide the following update on the injuries surrounding their top 30.

Joe Stimson unfortunately suffered a tear to the front of his shoulder joint during the club’s round two clash with the North Queensland Cowboys and requires surgery to repair the damage.

Surgery has been put on hold due to the Coronavirus and a return to play date is TBC.

Kerrod Holland who missed the Cowboys clash due to a minor knee complaint is travelling well now and will be ready to go once the season starts again.

Meanwhile Kieran Foran (shoulder) is travelling along nicely and is well into his weights program. The half is in a positive mindset and continues to build on his rehab program with his fitness as well as his strength work.

After a slow start, Chris Smith (knee) is going well and is well into his leg strength program. He is looking at another 3 to 4 weeks continuing his rehab work.

Marcelo Montoya (knee) is fit and ready to go once the team comes back together and the season starts again.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/04/07/injury-update-stimson-to-undergo-surgery/

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess that could explain why he played like a busted ass in that Cowboys game.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I guess that could explain why he played like a busted ass in that Cowboys game.
Long recuperation too - can’t even have the surgery at this point let alone potential of a few months recovery - potentially ends his year even if the game restarts at some point mid-year.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Long recuperation too - can’t even have the surgery at this point let alone potential of a few months recovery - potentially ends his year even if the game restarts at some point mid-year.
With CHN gone it now opens the door for the likes of Doorey, Pitovao and maybe even Topine is they upgrade him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who do you think is first cab off the rank?
I'd say Doorey at the minute then Pitavao. Topine would benefit from another year in Flegg or CCup he's just a bit too small at the minute.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck we are a mess....
Before a ball is kicked we extended Lewis and Smith (who got injured and can't play).
We sign Katoa and don't play him...
CHN is gone because we either didn't fight for him or we are being lied to. Now our only other 'recruit' is under an injury cloud.

We better start spending our money wisely because if the season resumes soon I think we are in trouble... One would hope we use a few young kids instead of Sue and a few others, my guess is RFM may fill the edge.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are currently in lockdown like the other 15 clubs and can provide the following update on the injuries surrounding their top 30.

Joe Stimson unfortunately suffered a tear to the front of his shoulder joint during the club’s round two clash with the North Queensland Cowboys and requires surgery to repair the damage.

Surgery has been put on hold due to the Coronavirus and a return to play date is TBC.

Kerrod Holland who missed the Cowboys clash due to a minor knee complaint is travelling well now and will be ready to go once the season starts again.

Meanwhile Kieran Foran (shoulder) is travelling along nicely and is well into his weights program. The half is in a positive mindset and continues to build on his rehab program with his fitness as well as his strength work.

After a slow start, Chris Smith (knee) is going well and is well into his leg strength program. He is looking at another 3 to 4 weeks continuing his rehab work.

Marcelo Montoya (knee) is fit and ready to go once the team comes back together and the season starts again.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/04/07/injury-update-stimson-to-undergo-surgery/
Marcelo Montoya ready to go, geez we have some crap players, our club better buy some fucking superstars for next season, had enough of these useless C***s who seem to think they are worthy of playing FG.
I swear we must be the only team in the comp who doesn't have one superstar player, it seems as though everytime I read a news story regarding one of our players, Stimson, Montoya etc etc I think no wonder were shit look at the players we have.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So that brings either RFM or Britt onto the left edge.
Ogden, Smith or a rookie onto the bench.
Napa
JMK
Tolman
Britt
Jackson
Elliott

To'omaga
RFM
Ogden / Smith
Utility
Forward stocks looking really thin.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least he has time in his side lol..!! The nrl is a mess at the moment.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a shame that he can’t get the surgery carried out whilst we are in virus mode
There must surely be a shonky practice somewhere in Beamish St that will cut him open
Anything will do

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be fair Stimson said it was a completely Different off season training than he was use to at the storm.

It shows exactly why on the field.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
With CHN gone it now opens the door for the likes of Doorey, Pitovao and maybe even Topine is they upgrade him.
Nasheed here,
Oh gee, I'm so excited about these matchups.

fifita and Haas
Vs
Doorey and Pitovao.

cant split them

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Marcelo Montoya ready to go, geez we have some crap players, our club better buy some fucking superstars for next season, had enough of these useless C***s who seem to think they are worthy of playing FG.
I swear we must be the only team in the comp who doesn't have one superstar player, it seems as though everytime I read a news story regarding one of our players, Stimson, Montoya etc etc I think no wonder were shit look at the players we have.
Montoya will never play FG again. His knee is fucked. And he was below average before the injury.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We don't have to promote anyone this season and can instead save cap space and by paying for two less players.