News Injury update: Stimson to undergo surgery

Jippst

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That bench is better than the run on side
So that brings either RFM or Britt onto the left edge.
Ogden, Smith or a rookie onto the bench.
Napa
JMK
Tolman
Britt
Jackson
Elliott

To'omaga
RFM
Ogden / Smith
Utility
Forward stocks looking really thin.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Whenever they restart the comp they will set a date where you need 30 though.
I'll try and find the article, was reported on foxsports. Said we did not need to replace them this season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll try and find the article, was reported on foxsports. Said we did not need to replace them this season.
Seems strange they would let us play with 28 better off just throwing a couple of juniors in there anyway.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seems strange they would let us play with 28 better off just throwing a couple of juniors in there anyway.
Depends how much we save and if we're actually creative enough with our accounting to make good use of it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depends how much we save and if we're actually creative enough with our accounting to make good use of it.
Who knows what’s going on with the pay cuts now and how much space it even frees up. They haven’t been very creative in accounting before so i can’t see them starting now.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a shame that he can’t get the surgery carried out whilst we are in virus mode
There must surely be a shonky practice somewhere in Beamish St that will cut him open
Anything will do
This doesn't make sense. Is every private hospital full of Coronavirus patients ? No way !

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This doesn't make sense. Is every private hospital full of Coronavirus patients ? No way !
I really thought the same thing to be honest
He wouldn’t be going to a public hospital as an out patient
Seems strange the club can’t get him in.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I really thought the same thing to be honest
He wouldn’t be going to a public hospital as an out patient
Seems strange the club can’t get him in.
Elective surgery is banned (at least in NSW) while the Rona is raging - that's why.
Only emergency surgery is taking place.
Once this restriction eases, Stimson will be able to go under the knife.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We will use the extra cash to extend Tolman, Elliot and Foran... Sadly lol

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
With CHN gone it now opens the door for the likes of Doorey, Pitovao and maybe even Topine is they upgrade him.
That would be nice to see these young fellas cut their teeth with the first graders, I have massive hopes and well wishes for them given their potential and hope they get their opportunity sooner rather than later. A bit more youthful exuberance wouldn’t go astray at the moment, we might actually unveil our version of David Fifita, Payne Haas and TPJ like the Broncos did back in 2018!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This bloke is fast becoming Clay Priest 2.0

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the club is smart enough to front load contracts. Players like dwz Jackson Napa should be front loaded. Id say these 3 are on the biggest contracts at our club. As chn and Okunbor don't need to be replaced.

Another idea might be to try and get Luke Thompson over a season early as there comp doesn't look like resuming anytime soon. Or maybe try and sign Jordan Rapana.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully the club is smart enough to front load contracts.
I’m having trouble understanding how that works. Current players obviously already have existing contracts, do we cancel those contracts already registered with the NRL? Then register new contracts for those same players with higher payments this year and lower payments in future years? ie; the same total contract value.

Would the NRL really allow that? Somehow I don’t think so.

Go Dogs

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't have to promote anyone this season and can instead save cap space and by paying for two less players.
I agree with this.
The winner of this season will never be a true premier, and we couldn’t win it anyway.
Keep the money. Roll it over to next season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully the club is smart enough to front load contracts. Players like dwz Jackson Napa should be front loaded. Id say these 3 are on the biggest contracts at our club. As chn and Okunbor don't need to be replaced.

Another idea might be to try and get Luke Thompson over a season early as there comp doesn't look like resuming anytime soon. Or maybe try and sign Jordan Rapana.
Absolute shambles that DWZ and Napa are our highest earners lol.