News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
that decision by the Rashays group is a direct result of the over reactions shown and public opinion .. so yes i stand by by my statement..

ive had over 24 hours to think about this and the only people that have been hurt by this is the 4/5 people involved in the act.. So as a human being, you tell me, was all this really worth causing suffering and pain for those 4/5 people ??

theres been far worse scandals than this and the NRL and Bulldogs have survived those.. most of the outrage in these situation comes from people who have little or no interest in the game .. or people who have fading interest in the game and are looking for any excuse to dig the boot in.. and theres the moral fredom fighters who are sheep that need to follow popular opinion..

the fact remains that legals acts have been punished to ridiculous extremes and that includes teh girls.. they will have serious mental anguish over the action of both the bulldogs and nrl ..
Society is changing, and things like this are becoming less and less appropriate. Like it or not, its the way it is.
If you had $2mil to invest in advertising your business, would you seriously do it through this channel considering the media shitstorm??? Fuck no!!!!

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Yeah it's possible mate. I note the word 'suspended' was chosen by Rashay's not 'terminated' when referring to the sponsorship discussions.
Possibly once the actual outcome of this is known (ie: if the club take a strong stand on this as I believe they should) - there might be a way forward with the sponsorship...
In other words we are going to sack a player to win back the sponsorship.. I guess it's a smart business decision. I still think a heavy suspension would do the trick..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would this have happened under Bellamy? Or Bennett?
Pay gives all the impression of being 'one of the blokes'.
His time has come. As has the boardroom's and CEO's. THEY'RE the ones charged with fostering club culture. Not just fu*king talking about one!
lol so you think bad shit doesn't happen or has not happened under Bellamy or Bennett? :tearsofjoy:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The silver lining to this whole fiasco might just like in the opportunities it could great. This could be the breakout year for Averilo!!!

A

Alexander the Great

That is definitely a plus. Also with CHN out for a few weeks let's us see Stimson line up also.
The silver lining to this whole fiasco might just like in the opportunities it could great. This could be the breakout year for Averilo!!!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
While their actions are not illegal, the majority of the general public would frown upon their actions. Certainly most parents would. Sure, it takes 2 to tango, bit the onus must be on the adult to make a mature judgement call and realize that this was a very bad idea and said no, especially when they know that it goes against club policy, and is a breach of both our clubs, and the NRLs code of conduct which is stipulated in their contracts that they signed.
If you polled the general publi, the vast majority would consider their actions very inappropriate, regardless of whether it is criminal or not. Call it over reaction if you want, but that doesnt change the facts.
I agree most would consider it inappropriate, but the fair minded woul consider teh reactions far far over the top .. too many people acting on emotion and hypotheticals, rather than fact..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Society is changing, and things like this are becoming less and less appropriate. Like it or not, its the way it is.
If you had $2mil to invest in advertising your business, would you seriously do it through this channel considering the media shitstorm??? Fuck no!!!!
wrong im not a pupet or a sheep , see hell yeah i would .. id through 2 mil to the wind to help my beloved team !!

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the end. It may actually make the NRL be harder on clubs re these incidents. If Scott goes back to court and gets charged the NRL may heavily sanction the raiders for not standing down. Same situation for Parra and Sivo suspensions and sanctions
I believe that in the end the club has done the right thing. The sponsorship loss is devastating and the club need to action

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
In other words we are going to sack a player to win back the sponsorship.. I guess it's a smart business decision. I still think a heavy suspension would do the trick..
I don't think that's proven either way.
If we sack that player, there's no guarantee that Rashay's come back at all let alone when they might.
Probably fair to say however that Rashay's would be awaiting the formal outcome whatever it is - hence why they said 'suspended' discussions, not 'terminated'.
Smart business? Maybe, but I think it's more than that. It's sending a strong message to our and other players, to schools and to the community at large that we don't tolerate that sort of behaviour and you can't say you weren't warned in advance.

A

Alexander the Great

Many times and examples have come before them to make a hard-line stance on the clubs. The list is endless. Its our club and supporters that makes them hate us. Enemy number 1 and always will be.
In the end. It may actually make the NRL be harder on clubs re these incidents. If Scott goes back to court and gets charged the NRL may heavily sanction the raiders for not standing down. Same situation for Parra and Sivo suspensions and sanctions
I believe that in the end the club has done the right thing. The sponsorship loss is devastating and the club need to action

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With the other ones the NRL, no let me clarity THE CEO made the ultimate choice not to stand the players down.It means he can pick and choose according to his whims: sucks though with the following being their guidelines: The last bit is the one we should really be concerned about which could lead to deregistration although we all know how the Dylan Walker one went, what a mess that was.....and the Sivo one due to be decided on the eve of tonight's game.

Players charged with a criminal offence carrying a penalty of at least 11 years will be automatically stood down from playing in the NRL competition; ... the NRL's CEO can use his discretion to stand down players charged with less serious criminal offences, particularly where the offence involves women and children.Jun 4, 2019

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/22/no-faultstanddown-rule/

But yeah the CEO has the say on others but apparently in some cases they look at the mental wellbeing of the player in deciding whether or not they do get stood down. They can still end up with egg on their face though if those players are found guilty and are punished by the law....

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think what's changed is that everybody wants to look like the hero, but in reality humans have gotten worse, I mean you only need to turn on prime time TV to see endless amounts of smut and filth, and then there is the shenanigans that teenagers of all ages get up to on platforms like Snapchat and Tik Tok

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only thing the club has done wrong here is paint CHN and Okunbor with the same brush.

If it becomes true that all CHN did was bring a Tinder date to the hotel, the club has really left him to dry for what in my opinion was a minor mistake.

Good comment. Up until this moment there is such conflicting information and posturing by the media as to the exact nature of things. Gee, even I was confused by our club statement and then the following media comments relating to meeting the girl in the school environment. Working in a school makes me aware of just how serious the problems one of our players may have. As for the other he should have known better but ultimately all he has done is flout the NRL and club code of conduct..no criminal offence. Still the club had to take action; if left to the NRL ultimately things may be a lot worse punishment wise. As it is, one of our players could be headed for sacking and deregistration meaning that other clubs can't pick him up which normally happens when someone of talent or ability is cut loose.
I am just over the drama like most and shake my head at the ability of players to still get themselves in the sh@t because they don't follow prescribed guidelines.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think what's changed is that everybody wants to look like the hero, but in reality humans have gotten worse, I mean you only need to turn on prime time TV to see endless amounts of smut and filth, and then there is the shenanigans that teenagers of all ages get up to on platforms like Snapchat and Tik Tok
Social media and the craving for " likes" has a lot to answer to. The stupidity and crassness of some leave me bewildered at times.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don't know what Jayden knew or didn't know, that's all I am saying
He knew he was randy and that he visited the school that she attends while under obligation to the club and NRL, we know that much.