Canterbury close in on front-of-jersey sponsor in time for Eel battle

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Another nothing article.

We may get a sponsor and our captain is talking up the team. Walkely award winning stuff.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Integrity? Class? Not looking like cheap *****?...should I say more? What's a gutter used for? ... Waste water...lowbrow!
"Not looking like cheap *****" is difficult when you've got Pay as you head coach. You have seen his getup, haven't you? If looking like a cheap **** is negative, then we're fucked

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone got a ‘real scoop’ on this like potentially who?
Sorry but I hope everyone stays quite until the club announce it. It’s different than player signings

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
HFC no longer exists under that brand, it became part of HSBC Bank nearly 20 years ago and Hyundai and KIA are part of the same group so I’d think that’s unlikely too.
Thats right, I dont know why I had HCF in my mind.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Go find a marketing/branding expert and ask them why brand matters. Within 5 minutes you'll understand why "Ace gutters" is a complete white flag move by Cronulla, and you'll be hoping the club can land a sponsor with a known brand.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go find a marketing/branding expert and ask them why brand matters. Within 5 minutes you'll understand why "Ace gutters" is a complete white flag move by Cronulla, and you'll be hoping the club can land a sponsor with a known brand.
Just look at some of the sponsors we had at the turn of the century. I’m not even sure if Stardome was a company! It had some connection to Oasis out and Liverpool then we had NTG which was some dodgy telecommunication company that went bust.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sporting news, mentions that after signing up with Hitachi, that kia signed new 3 year deal as the front jersey sponsor from 2020...must be wrong
KIA did sign a 3 year deal with us from 2020 but it’s some community sponsorship not a major sponsorship.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Integrity? Class? Not looking like cheap *****?...should I say more? What's a gutter used for? ... Waste water...lowbrow!
Have you seen what ACE Gutters owns in terms of real estate? And the market share in rainwater/roofing products?

Congrats to them on creating a very profitable business.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes true, can we change their mind?
They will sell a lot more cars in Sydney than brisbane and the fact that we will finish in the top 4 this year.

500k for initial sponsorship per year.

250k incentive if we make top8
350k incentive if we make top4.
500k incentive If we are minor premiers.
750k if we win grand final.

Just a thought

KIA did sign a 3 year deal with us from 2020 but it’s some community sponsorship not a major sponsorship.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Have you seen what ACE Gutters owns in terms of real estate? And the market share in rainwater/roofing products?

Congrats to them on creating a very profitable business.
So is Merlin portable toilet company. It's about branding. Ace gutters could sit on the sleave somewhere but having it as your main sponsor looks cheap.