Movie Discussion

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bad Match

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5990066/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

An internet-dating playboy's life spirals out of control after meeting a woman online.

Where to start with this one. I was interested in watching a scary movie on Friday night. What I got was a movie that was scary... but not for the right reasons. So the guy meets a woman on an online hookup site, they meet at a bar, and he sneaks out. She sends him a sex picture of herself to him wooing him back for another night. After that, he's adamant he wants nothing more to do with her. This psychotic woman then turns into a stalker turning his life upside down. He loses his job and faces a lengthy term in jail due to being framed to cyber crime which he was framed for, and must fight to clear his name and get the woman to confess for framing him. This movie certainly does not end the way you'd think it does. It's those twists at the end of these crime movies that keep me reeled in.

I have one thing to say to the guy though... IF A FREAKING HOT WOMAN WANTS YOU FOR SEX, FFS GROW A PAIR OF NUTS AND GO WITH IT!!!

6/10.
Lili Simmons I find her pretty hot specially after watching her in Banshee.

Don't Breathe

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4160708/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Hoping to walk away with a massive fortune, a trio of thieves break into the house of a blind man who isn't as helpless as he seems.

The blind man in this movie is a former soldier who has the upper hand of knowing where everything in his house is. Aided by his pet rottweiler, the blind man soon realises that the thieves who break in have taken something much more dear to him than money. This movie is far more creepy then scary. I won't ruin the ending but it's a pretty good movie to watch if you're after a creepy thriller.

7/10.
Don't Breathe I thought was a pretty good movie for what it was.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Lili Simmons I find her pretty hot specially after watching her in Banshee.

Don't Breathe I thought was a pretty good movie for what it was.
Lili Simmons was pretty damn hot in this movie too... don’t know what the guy was thinking lol.

Don’t Breathe was actually made creepy because oft he blind guy, but his dog was pretty mean too.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched an 80s movie The Delta Force with Chuck Norris. The following is my review..

bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha
bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha bahahaha

Bahahaha/10

ps..it’s not a comedy..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just watched an 80s movie The Delta Force with Chuck Norris. The following is my review..

Bahahaha/10

ps..it’s not a comedy..
Classic movie.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember a Chuck Norris movie where he trained this young guy to take down criminals by jumping feet first through the windscreen. Pretty sure that movie lead to many broken legs

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Classic movie.
Ahhh Chuck and his motorcycle with rockets and machine guns at the front..and I’m pretty sure a Rocket was fired out his actual ass while he was riding it and blew up some bad guys..

2CC1FACF-2910-48CB-8A01-17F56D6EAE6D.gif

Actually you are right..it is a classic..

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys are talking about the most dangerous man in the world right there :laughing:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Chuck was/is an awful actor - but nobody has ever said it to his face :p

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Backcountry (aka Blackfoot Trail)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2944198/

An urban couple go camping in the woods and find themselves lost in the territory of a predatory black bear.

Farout, you talk about graphic, this movie is just that. We need to wait about an hour before we actually see the bear. The movie has the power to get to you in such a way that it makes you glad there are no wild bears roaming around in our forests.

((SPOILER ALERT))

I really felt sorry for the girl after the black bear mauled her soon-to-be fiance (watch the movie to figure that bit out) to death, and she had to venture out on her and get back to safety. The acting was great on her part, as well as the psycho Irishman who appears early on in the film.

Good acting based on a true story, and they didn't hide back on the gore either! If you're into a nature survival film, check this out.

7½/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Backcountry (aka Blackfoot Trail)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2944198/

An urban couple go camping in the woods and find themselves lost in the territory of a predatory black bear.

Farout, you talk about graphic, this movie is just that. We need to wait about an hour before we actually see the bear. The movie has the power to get to you in such a way that it makes you glad there are no wild bears roaming around in our forests.

((SPOILER ALERT))

I really felt sorry for the girl after the black bear mauled her soon-to-be fiance (watch the movie to figure that bit out) to death, and she had to venture out on her and get back to safety. The acting was great on her part, as well as the psycho Irishman who appears early on in the film.

Good acting based on a true story, and they didn't hide back on the gore either! If you're into a nature survival film, check this out.

7½/10
Funny that you reviewed this, I recently watched Adam McDonald's follow up to Back Country.

Here's my review

Pyewacket.jpg

A frustrated, angst-ridden teenage girl awakens something in the woods when she naively performs an occult ritual to evoke a witch to kill her mother.

Very solid direction, great visuals, good acting, with a script that actually worked, I wasn't expecting much going in but it was well worth the watch

Side note, Laurie Holden still has it going on :hearteyes:

3.5/5

Wahesh

Reaction score
Funny that you reviewed this, I recently watched Adam McDonald's follow up to Back Country.

Here's my review

View attachment 12757
A frustrated, angst-ridden teenage girl awakens something in the woods when she naively performs an occult ritual to evoke a witch to kill her mother.

Very solid direction, great visuals, good acting, with a script that actually worked, I wasn't expecting much going in but it was well worth the watch

Side note, Laurie Holden still has it going on :hearteyes:

3.5/5
Interesting I haven't heard of this one before. Missy Peregrym, who plays the lead role in Backcountry, has her voice in this movie as the 911 operator. It's a shame this movie isn't on Netflix though :rage:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting I haven't heard of this one before. Missy Peregrym, who plays the lead role in Backcountry, has her voice in this movie as the 911 operator. It's a shame this movie isn't on Netflix though :rage:
I actually laughed out loud several times in back country, especially during the bear mauling part, I thought that character was a complete tool

First time i saw that Missy chic was in that reaper show that was on years ago, another good show cancelled too soon :tired:

Wahesh

Reaction score
I actually laughed out loud several times in back country, especially during the bear mauling part, I thought that character was a complete tool

First time i saw that Missy chic was in that reaper show that was on years ago, another good show cancelled too soon :tired:
The 'Irish' guy was a bit of a nut case lol... that part was funny. Also when Jenn did that dance in the car after Alex put that lame song on lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Reaper was a pretty good show. Pity it was axed.

Missy was also great in the Van Helsing TV Series.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
184EE9AA-AB4D-4DDC-8BC5-7B22050BFF8B.jpeg

Currently on Netflix, there is a compelling documentary series called Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez. The 3 part series looks at the former NFL Tight End for the New England Patriots, who was convicted in 2013 of the murder of Odin Lord. Hernandez seemed to have it all, a 40 million dollar contract with the Patriots, a wife, kids, he was living the American dream. However, it all came crashing down with his murder conviction. Over the 3 episodes we see a man who reached the pinnacle of his sport, playing and scoring a touchdown in the Patriots’ loss in the 2012 Super Bowl, at the age of just 22. The product of a domineering father, who demanded sporting success, he was forced to hide a secret that no doubt affected the way he lived his life. We also see a man who had a dual personality, one who was popular among friends, and one who had the captacity to commit cold blooded murder.

If you are interested in crime and sporting documentaries, this one is for you.

8/10

Last edited:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Drive Angry

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502404/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_43

A vengeful father escapes from hell and chases after the men who killed his daughter and kidnapped his granddaughter.

Oh boy, where do I start with this one. If you're after a bad-ass Nicholas Cage movie that's so bad, it's good, this is for you, To give you a rundown, he has sex with a barmaid with his clothes on while killing a bunch of henchmen who break into the room trying to kill him (and the barmaid moaning in the process), he gets shot in the eye and miraculously springs back up to life, and gets chased by an FBI agent who is completely fearless from dying, that he (the agent) begins humming as his car is free-falling from a bridge.

Seriously, I want my main man @The_Chimpster to review this movie... it is freaking hilarious.

7½/10

Last edited: