Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a kid I didn't read a whole lot of comic books, but the ones that I would read occasionally were the X-Men comics, the Superman comics, and Morbius. The Morbius comics were great because they were exceptionally brutal for their time. They put the "Graphic" in Graphic Novel.

I'm not sure about this movie yet but it does look good and Jarod Leto is about as close as you can get to the comic book Morbius.

Plus, it has Matt Smith (Doctor Who) and Adria Arjona (Emerald City, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Good Omens) who I have a bit of an obsession with.

The trailer also has a cameo from Michael Keaton's Vulture from Spider-man Homecoming (Yes, this is set in the Spider-man Universe)

In the original comics there was occasional crossovers with Spider-man and Blade, so I'm guessing this movie will lead into the new Blade movie

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 12608
Jay and Silent Bob return to Hollywood to stop a reboot of the 'Bluntman and Chronic' movie from getting made.

Being a big fan of Kevin Smith's viewaskew universe movies, I really wanted to turn off my brain, let nostalgia take hold and like this one, but ultimately a lot falls flat. The satirical view of taking the absolute piss of the current movie industry was funny, and few jokes worked, It was great to see affleck, Damon and a few supporting characters back from previous movies but as a whole Jay and silent bob are products of their time, and they really should have stayed there. Casting of Harley-Quinn Smith in every movie he now makes, and as a major character no less was a poor choice too, she really can't act very well imo

2/5
As someone who has seen all his movies, read his books, seen him when he has come out here and used to listen to alot of his podcasts including smodcast, Jay and Silent Bob get old as well as Hollywood Babble On, I got the references to all the jokes, however this was a hard watch.

Jays face just looks so fucked up these days because of his falsies, and Harley is just not a very good actor.

His movies have been getting progressively worse over the years and I really feel he should give it away before he shits too much on his own legacy.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched Terminator Dark Fate last night...

Probably the most "Woke" movie I have seen for a while.

The only way this movie makes any sense is it you pretend that all the terminator movies after T2 dont exist.

Even then at the beginning of this movie they basically shit on T1 and T2, making all the events and sacrifices of John and Sarah from the first 2 movies irrelevant, then made sure all the new heroes were all women. Theres a bunch of other shit that makes no friggin sense either, but I wont spoil the movie.

Despite this there were some good action sequences and set pieces.

2 /5

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

The only way this movie makes any sense is it you pretend that all the terminator movies after T2 dont exist.

Even then at the beginning of this movie they basically shit on T1 and T2, making all the events and sacrifices of John and Sarah from the first 2 movies irrelevant, then made sure all the new heroes were all women. Theres a bunch of other shit that makes no friggin sense either, but I wont spoil the movie.

2 /5
Disappointing mate. I’ve got it here & was looking forward to watching it

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t know man.. I know she was the best thing in Suicide Squad..but a whole movie on her..

Ps..seen Rise of Skywalker yet?
The funniest thing I found about Suicide Squad was when the black chick was explaining at the beginning that one of the reasons they needed this team of bad guys was in case the next "Superman" was not on the side of good.

Tell me which members of the suicide squad would be able to do a dam thing if Superman went rogue. He would clean them all up in 2 seconds flat lol.

They shouldn't have put that line in there.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The funniest thing I found about Suicide Squad was when the black chick was explaining at the beginning that one of the reasons they needed this team of bad guys was in case the next "Superman" was not on the side of good.

Tell me which members of the suicide squad would be able to do a dam thing if Superman went rogue. He would clean them all up in 2 seconds flat lol.

Lol..true!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

For obvious reasons, they should've referenced Batman instead - especially considering he is there at the beginning of Suicide Squad.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

2 /5
That's meant to be the point of it. T1 and T2 were made by James Cameron. The other movies were made by others.

When Cameron started making this movie he said that it's taking place after T2 and he doesn't consider the other movies to be Canon.

Nexus

Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's meant to be the point of it. T1 and T2 were made by James Cameron. The other movies were made by others.

When Cameron started making this movie he said that it's taking place after T2 and he doesn't consider the other movies to be Canon.
So he retcon'd it, made it woke, and in the process made the events of the first 2 kinda pointless....

"My respect for him has dumunished"

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

2 /5
You’re just intimidated by strong whamannnnnnnn who need no man!
It’s ironic because not even woke little shits enjoy these movies, they just want it changed and never watch them or care about em, but they feel accomplished inside by having strong women in movies. You’d think movie companies would have got the point by now, this woke trend in cinema is dead, people wanna enjoy movies for what they are, entertainment, not go there to get a political lecture and be told that feminism is the greatest thing

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re just intimidated by strong whamannnnnnnn who need no man!
It’s ironic because not even woke little shits enjoy these movies, they just want it changed and never watch them or care about em, but they feel accomplished inside by having strong women in movies. You’d think movie companies would have got the point by now, this woke trend in cinema is dead, people wanna enjoy movies for what they are, entertainment, not go there to get a political lecture and be told that feminism is the greatest thing
This is what I said before..in a good story/movie the character is just a strong character..man or woman..it is just what it is..like Sarah Connor..she was just tough..you didn’t need a lecture about it.. same as Marion Raven..they are what they are..they don’t need to prove a point..

That’s what makers of movies forget today..make a strong woman character because that’s what is needed in the story..not too promote a political point..

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is what I said before..in a good story/movie the character is just a strong character..man or woman..it is just what it is..like Sarah Connor..she was just tough..you didn’t need a lecture about it.. same as Marion Raven..they are what they are..they don’t need to prove a point..

That’s what makers of movies forget today..make a strong woman character because that’s what is needed in the story..not too promote a political point..
Like she was borderline a forced heroine but still acceptable, protecting her son, seeing shit no other person knew about, and plus it’s a sci fi so yeah there’s leeway so to speak. But the new versions are just like an abandonment of any logic and just feminist forced bullshit

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Gentlemen.

Countless C bombs, violence, racism. And Charlie Hunnam finally shows he can act.

Guy Ritchie's back baby. It's up there with Lock Stock, Snatch and Rock'n'Rolla.

9/10.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw 1917 at the flicks today.

Had a bit of the Gallipoli film about it.

Don't go in expecting Saving Private Ryan action its more a tense story with short bouts of action.

Totally enjoyable another classic.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Bad Match

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5990066/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

An internet-dating playboy's life spirals out of control after meeting a woman online.

Where to start with this one. I was interested in watching a scary movie on Friday night. What I got was a movie that was scary... but not for the right reasons. So the guy meets a woman on an online hookup site, they meet at a bar, and he sneaks out. She sends him a sex picture of herself to him wooing him back for another night. After that, he's adamant he wants nothing more to do with her. This psychotic woman then turns into a stalker turning his life upside down. He loses his job and faces a lengthy term in jail due to being framed to cyber crime which he was framed for, and must fight to clear his name and get the woman to confess for framing him. This movie certainly does not end the way you'd think it does. It's those twists at the end of these crime movies that keep me reeled in.

I have one thing to say to the guy though... IF A FREAKING HOT WOMAN WANTS YOU FOR SEX, FFS GROW A PAIR OF NUTS AND GO WITH IT!!!

6/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Don't Breathe

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4160708/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Hoping to walk away with a massive fortune, a trio of thieves break into the house of a blind man who isn't as helpless as he seems.

The blind man in this movie is a former soldier who has the upper hand of knowing where everything in his house is. Aided by his pet rottweiler, the blind man soon realises that the thieves who break in have taken something much more dear to him than money. This movie is far more creepy then scary. I won't ruin the ending but it's a pretty good movie to watch if you're after a creepy thriller.

7/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Deadly Detention

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5810368/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Five high school students are having Saturday detention in a former Correctional Facility, and must find a way to outsmart an unseen menace out to kill them.

Five high school kids and Saturday detention being supervised by their principal? Yes... this is a spoof of the Breakfast Club. It is far more comical than scary, however it does have some creepy bits. Not bad, and it's not as full of blood and gore as you'd expect horror movies to be full of. Time waster of a movie but not all that bad. Certainly not a daytime TV B-Grade movie though.

5/10.