Opinion Bulldogs current Conundrum

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why wont we make the 8 in 2020? 2 wins and we were in this year after we were favourites for the spoon and we have a few buys and more games together this season im not giving up on the team!
We're currently favourites for 15th in the betting (sportsbet, beteasy). My heart will have us finishing 10th tho.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm not denying that frizell is a top player, but not worth a million out of our cap when that should be spent on a spine player imo
Do you think Frizell is worth 700-800k tho? What we have to pay doesn't equal what a player is worth. The only reason this isn't the case is if we're the only club that wants him (not a realistic statement for top players).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like the board is doing a great job. Soon we will have 17 backrowers in the starting line....FFS!!
They want to buy an AMG Merc for the price of a Toyota Corolla. The way it's going, by the time they decide on who they want and what they're prepared to pay, that player has signed elsewhere. Looks like Montoya and Holland will be signed up on $1million deals as they will have all this cash but no one to spend it on.
Other clubs are signing players but we have no one signed for 2021 although we have a " War Chest".
Give yourself an uppercut, son.

Holland / Montoya on $1m deals - ridiculous.

Can you name me one player who has signed to change clubs for 2021? I can’t.

Cool your jets, this has a way to go to play out.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine going out and signing another backrower :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
You Dickead.. Lmao..

It could work.

Napz
Tolman
CHN
Frizell
Jacko

Stimpson
Elliot
RT
Katoa

Fcuk we need a big prop!

Last edited:

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I for one am happy with the boards decisions and direction. Ever thought Khoury went to sound out Mitchell with the backing of the retention comittee. Came back told them what he thought about Latrell current situation. Also earlier in the year those that went north around origin time were very close to thise who make the decisions in the club.

Research on Latrell has probaly been done all year. The club has at this stage said no accept it.

I vote and will be voting this board back in regardless of any more signings. They have turned the club around from a back ended disaster, to a financial sound position cao wise. They have also unearthed some promising younger players who have been blooded throughout thus ordeal.

Our time will come...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I for one am happy with the boards decisions and direction. Ever thought Khoury went to sound out Mitchell with the backing of the retention comittee. Came back told them what he thought about Latrell current situation. Also earlier in the year those that went north around origin time were very close to thise who make the decisions in the club.

Research on Latrell has probaly been done all year. The club has at this stage said no accept it.

I vote and will be voting this board back in regardless of any more signings. They have turned the club around from a back ended disaster, to a financial sound position cao wise. They have also unearthed some promising younger players who have been blooded throughout thus ordeal.

Our time will come...
Regardless of anymore signings? That's a yikes. That's half the battle. You're basically saying you will vote the board back in even if we're staying the same or going backwards. I'd rather they try something and fail.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We're currently favourites for 15th in the betting (sportsbet, beteasy). My heart will have us finishing 10th tho.
Those betting odds are pretty good considering how we finished the season tbh

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If true proves the Board and all involved are out of their depth.
I think this is not a decision that should not be made lightly. On face value LM is a superstar and game breaker. But he does has some slightly worrying undertones. He is enigmatic at times and can be a little under involved during matches. He is asking massive coin and is an out and out centre, not a spine player. He seems to be a little money hungry, which I can understand, but he also needs to understand the position he plays within a team with a limited salary cap.
If I was a board member I would certainly be considering all of these things. And given the fact that DWZ has been a fantastic addition to our team and has made such a difference on and off the field, it would be hard to tell him he has to change positions to make way for a player that wants marquee player money, and therefore has to be considered for a position in the spine.
Do we need to invest $1mil on a centre when we have Harper and Averilo coming through?
It's a tough decision, so I will accept whatever decision the club comes to.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not surprised some on tk have no confidence in their team. Same old same old. Some forget we just missed the 8. Did better than the year before. A team rebuilding. Our younger players have more games together and will get better. We have international players in our team like DWZ who will improve with each game and will inspire our team. I expect a signing soon and if not then who cares this team does not give up. Proud of the boys

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think about it...
If the Rorters offered Mitchell $800k despite all the star studded team they have and he truly is worth that money,
How much should he be worth to a desperate and depleted team like ours ???
It struck me...
The Rorters don't want Mitchell, they put a ghost offer of $800k and then withdrew the offer, a simple way to stuff up Canterbury by making Mitchell believe he is worth a lot more than that...And the circus continues !
What matters most is...How much is Mitchell's worth to us ???
How much is an X-FACTOR that might excel at Center Fullback or 5/8

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Think about it...
If the Rorters offered Mitchell $800k despite all the star studded team they have and he truly is worth that money,
How much should he be worth to a desperate and depleted team like ours ???
It struck me...
The Rorters don't want Mitchell, they put a ghost offer of $800k and then withdrew the offer, a simple way to stuff up Canterbury by making Mitchell believe he is worth a lot more than that...And the circus continues !
What matters most is...How much is Mitchell's worth to us ???
How much is an X-FACTOR that might excel at Center Fullback or 5/8
We like to run with conspiracy theories to defend our stories on these forums. Latrell is worth 700k at any club but obviously not going to come to us for that. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs that bullet axeman was offering.

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think Pay is expected to make the top eight with the roster we have currently. Anything between 9th and 12th would be satisfactory.
Pay has had 18+ months and 2x off seasons to shape the side by next year.
If in that time he can't shape them into a top 8 side, he should not be in the position, period!

Everyone wants top players but not prepared to spend the money.
In that case, I've an eary 90's corolla you can have for 40k.
Everyone wants a reliable car, yet not willing to spend to get it!

Same bullshit analogy!