Opinion Bulldogs current Conundrum

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Look what we paid that shit **** Napa... now we’re penny pinching??

with the attacking weapons we have I can see our game plan will be hope for an early penalty goal and defend our lead

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pay has had 18+ months and 2x off seasons to shape the side by next year.
If in that time he can't shape them into a top 8 side, he should not be in the position, period!

In that case, I've an eary 90's corolla you can have for 40k.
Everyone wants a reliable car, yet not willing to spend to get it!

Same bullshit analogy!
With the roster Pay is working with he has done a terrific job. I've never been pay out. I also understand why we got Pay and not a top coach. There is a chance Pay will be moved on for someone (maybe Flanagan?) if he finishes in the bottom four. Otherwise I see him having one more year with the 2021 roster. I don't think Pay has had a proper chance to shape the roster either due to our situation. If you're expecting top eight next season you're not being realistic, sorry if you don't want to hear that.

I don't know what that dribble is at the bottom so I can't reply to it. We can't attract players to our club without money being an incentive as we can't offer expected success in the following season. I don't know how many more times I have to tell you and give you examples why.

Banned
Reaction score
With the roster Pay is working with he has done a terrific job. I've never been pay out. I also understand why we got Pay and not a top coach. There is a chance Pay will be moved on for someone (maybe Flanagan?) if he finishes in the bottom four. Otherwise I see him having one more year with the 2021 roster. I don't think Pay has had a proper chance to shape the roster either due to our situation. If you're expecting top eight next season you're not being realistic, sorry if you don't want to hear that.

I don't know what that dribble is at the bottom so I can't reply to it. We can't attract players to our club without money being an incentive as we can't offer expected success in the following season. I don't know how many more times I have to tell you and give you examples why.
I see we're going to disagree Brad, so will leave it at that, as it's apparent logic and you, also disagree!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I see we're going to disagree Brad, so will leave it at that, as it's apparent logic and you, also disagree!
I think my approach is more logical then yours but we can disagree it's okay. I don't hate you or anything. I want the best for the club as much as you do.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not surprised some on tk have no confidence in their team. Same old same old. Some forget we just missed the 8. Did better than the year before. A team rebuilding. Our younger players have more games together and will get better. We have international players in our team like DWZ who will improve with each game and will inspire our team. I expect a signing soon and if not then who cares this team does not give up. Proud of the boys
I will ask this question
How many Canterbury games have we really enjoyed since GF 2012 ?
Not many I bet !!!
Look what we paid that shit **** Napa... now we’re penny pinching??

with the attacking weapons we have I can see our game plan will be hope for an early penalty goal and defend our lead
You must be a Manchester united fan :tearsofjoy:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Think about it...
If the Rorters offered Mitchell $800k despite all the star studded team they have and he truly is worth that money,
How much should he be worth to a desperate and depleted team like ours ???
It struck me...
The Rorters don't want Mitchell, they put a ghost offer of $800k and then withdrew the offer, a simple way to stuff up Canterbury by making Mitchell believe he is worth a lot more than that...And the circus continues !
What matters most is...How much is Mitchell's worth to us ???
How much is an X-FACTOR that might excel at Center Fullback or 5/8
I'm certain the Rorters are behind all of this. They're making him and everyone else pay for him not wanting to be there. Snug c*nts!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I partially agree
Pay can't be judged with the roster he has
but...Pay can be judged with some of the strange team selections
Facts about the coaching job...
*Maguire was offered the job, He took one look at our books and refused it
*Few weeks into Pays first season, management were entertaining the idea of replacing him with Ben Anderson. the idea met rejections from certain groups

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm certain the Rorters are behind all of this. They're making him and everyone else pay for him not wanting to be there. Snug c*nts!
When you are in a strong and comfortable position you get away with it !!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I partially agree
Pay can't be judged with the roster he has
but...Pay can be judged with some of the strange team selections
Facts about the coaching job...
*Maguire was offered the job, He took one look at our books and refused the it
*Few weeks into Pays first season, management were entertaining the idea of replacing him with Ben Anderson. the idea met rejections from certain groups
Yet Madge went to the Tigers with their own cap and roster shit-show that Cleary created with his ‘bus’?

If this is true (strong emphasis on if) - might highlight just how bad the Dogs cap situation was and - god forbid - the board told us the TRUTH about not being able to fully repair it until season 2021?

That’d be highly inconvenient to the geniuses on here calling for their heads for incompetence and - wait for it - corruption!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everyone wants top players but not prepared to spend the money.
There's a difference between spending and wasting money. A $1 million player who doesn't fit in would kill incentive and enthusiasm in the rest of the team if they have to carry the "superstar" by doing the hard work, while he gets the glory for one or two bright bits of action in a season.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Lol @ Latrell Mitchell should be a done deal. GTFO. I applaud the club for not throwing the bank at this heartless prick.
Politics aside and how they do or don't do business, this was the right decision.

We're now closer to getting our salary cap sorted, if not already, so I believe we're heading in the right direction.

And I strongly think we are capable of sneaking into the Top 8 next year. Will we be cannon fodder? Probably, but at least it will be in the right direction.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For mine, the team is headed in the right direction. I am looking forward to the club once again finding and developing talented juniors. Since Des turned his back on that and was allowed to attempt to buy a premiership especially through ex-Manly retirement fund signings the club lost its production line and junior development infrastructure. That is not easy to simply turn back on. Critical people needed for that were cast off. Not easily replaced. I would look to the young people the club is putting together and how well the structures are being put back together. That will be the true indicator of how well the board is performing.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Think about it...
If the Rorters offered Mitchell $800k despite all the star studded team they have and he truly is worth that money,
How much should he be worth to a desperate and depleted team like ours ???
It struck me...
The Rorters don't want Mitchell, they put a ghost offer of $800k and then withdrew the offer, a simple way to stuff up Canterbury by making Mitchell believe he is worth a lot more than that...And the circus continues !
What matters most is...How much is Mitchell's worth to us ???
How much is an X-FACTOR that might excel at Center Fullback or 5/8
Rorters are putting a line in the sand to re-inforce their power in the NRLol.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yet Madge went to the Tigers with their own cap and roster shit-show that Cleary created with his ‘bus’?

If this is true (strong emphasis on if) - might highlight just how bad the Dogs cap situation was and - god forbid - the board told us the TRUTH about not being able to fully repair it until season 2021?

That’d be highly inconvenient to the geniuses on here calling for their heads for incompetence and - wait for it - corruption!
Backended contracts are the source of our misery...thanks to Hitler,
I criticised and blamed the previous board for granting him full control.
My problem with the current board was lack of trust,
In the past one after the other they deserted us after the supper league war for greener pasture elsewhere, one did it as a player too.
As a diehard Canterbury supporter I hope they will do a great job and fix the clubs problems...I am sure every true supporter has the same sentiment !!!
Those who blindly favour or hate one board or the other aren't true supporters !!!
Time will judge !!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Backended contracts are the source of our misery...thanks to Hitler,
I criticised and blamed the previous board for granting him full control.
My problem with the current board was lack of trust,
In the past one after the other they deserted us after the supper league war for greener pasture elsewhere, one did it as a player too.
As a diehard Canterbury supporter I hope they will do a great job and fix the clubs problems...I am sure every true supporter has the same sentiment !!!
Those who blindly favour or hate one board or the other aren't true supporters !!!
Time will judge !!!
I agree with at least some of this.
But sorry - who on the current board was involved in a Super League desertion?
Pay as coach, yes, no board members.

But yes - time will tell - which is why I’ve been saying constantly - let them do their job.

They need another term.

If by well into 2021 we haven’t seen vast improvement not just on the field but in several measurements - there’s no doubt they should be and likely will be replaced then - but not in Feb 2020.

Banned
Reaction score
I think my approach is more logical then yours but we can disagree it's okay. I don't hate you or anything. I want the best for the club as much as you do.
See my friend, that's your problem, thinking.
Please don't!

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
See my friend, that's your problem, thinking.
Please don't!
I'm just using "I think" so retards like you don't say they're facts or act like what I say is 100%. I think = my opinion, how I see something. It doesn't have to be the same as yours and I'm damn thankful it ain't.

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just using "I think" so retards like you don't say they're facts or act like what I say is 100%. I think = my opinion, how I see something. It doesn't have to be the same as yours and I'm damn thankful it ain't.
81W6e8RJsTL._SL1500_.jpg