doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The andersons aren’t looking for a new coach so whats it matter

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, Flanno the victim. Fucking lol
in the second instance, I believe that he was!
Yet that's just me, separating events, rather than assuming purely based upon history, rather than facts :grinning:

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can deal with having a coach who has previously cheated the cap.

What I don’t want is someone who previously undertook a doping program for his players. That’s a whole other league to cap cheating.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
in the second instance, I believe that he was!
Yet that's just me, separating events, rather than assuming purely based upon history, rather than facts :grinning:
He clearly violated the terms of his punishment.... how on earth is that the NRL’s fault? He was ordered not to have contact and he ignored that order.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I can deal with having a coach who has previously cheated the cap.

What I don’t want is someone who previously undertook a doping program for his players. That’s a whole other league to cap cheating.
It can't be denied and was shocking and risky but most of his players still stuck by him and he probably has learnt a valuable lesson. You don't think he would have grown by all this and would now doubly ensure the health and welfare of his players.

They seemed pretty loyal towards him.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus wants him reinstated it's just a shame he's not in a position of power within rugby Australia. He's the best coast off contract out the moment, cheating who gives a fuck? It got results. And he never took shit off anyone about the players.
Agree. Politis & Bellamy cheat all the time & look how successful they have been.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I believe that after Holbrook he is the next best option for next season, the club needs to do everything in its power to apply to the nrl for Flanagan to be reinstated.
I think that the nrl would definitely consider if we request it. I know some on here will not agree but I think he can take us forward in the right direction and he can definitely recruit well
No more being mr nice guy
We couldn't get a guy with known Bulldogs DNA running through his veins in Holbrook to become our next coach what makes you think our inept board can get a known cheat who shows no remorse or guilt reinstated?

#PayBlows :grinning:
#23WinsFrom64Starts
#Mr30%

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
He clearly violated the terms of his punishment.... how on earth is that the NRL’s fault? He was ordered not to have contact and he ignored that order.
Looks like those orders were issued twice, with one allowing him to contact the club in regards to post ban employment, including player recruitment.
Yet after being, I assume verbally advised by Greenturd, he and the NRL have reneged and used it to demonise him.
If that happened to you, you would rightly claim you've been shafted!

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like those orders were issued twice, with one allowing him to contact the club in regards to post ban employment, including player recruitment.
Yet after being, I assume verbally advised by Greenturd, he and the NRL have reneged and used it to demonise him.
If that happened to you, you would rightly claim you've been shafted!
Where’s your evidence of this? A ban is a ban.... where’s the proof the NRL actually issued this contradictory directive. If that were the case, I’m sure he would have lawyered up by now.... either way, according to Alan Givney, he oversaw i program if systemic drug cheating and disregarded correspondence from his club doctor expressing concerns over player welfare. He’s not to he trusted and bringing him
to this club would be a terrible move

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, I know we a desperate but fuck me I don't see the appeal of this bloke. Most people on here couldn't stand the prick when he was coaching the Sharks and taking pop shots at us and now some want him as coach...i don't get it.
Remember what he used to do to us and if he could do that, imagine what he could do FOR us!

He beat us in 2015 a Belmore ffs.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think that’s the thing that gets me the most, the silence
No sorry. wrong again. The classic kiss of death in professional sports coaching is for a CEO or Chairman of the Board to come out publicly and say the Coach has their full support and they are satisfied with the direction of the team. The Coach may as well hand in his resignation knowing full well hes about to be sacked if he ever hears these words.
Instead we hear the CEO continually update us with the line that we cant have the roster we want until 2021 due to the previous administrations backended deals. Case in point Foran drawing $1.2m next season yikes!!!
Theres no noise about the Coach...except on this forum. Those of us in the know are aware of what will happen over the next 6 to 8 months....and we are comfortable with it.
A contract is a contract. Not much the present Board could do but our roster has already started to transform and starting next season our roster transformation will accelerate.
No need to make noise about Pay. Hes here, he bleeds blue and he has begun to reinstall a Bulldogs culture. But it takes time. Clearly we had lost our way under Hasler. Neither he nor the players knew what we stood for. The present situation is what it is.
Im more interested to see the wonderful transformation of the Titans into a winning football team under guru Holbrook next year and beyond. That ride will be very bumpy.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
No sorry. wrong again. The classic kiss of death in professional sports coaching is for a CEO or Chairman of the Board to come out publicly and say the Coach has their full support and they are satisfied with the direction of the team. The Coach may as well hand in his resignation knowing full well hes about to be sacked if he ever hears these words.
Instead we hear the CEO continually update us with the line that we cant have the roster we want until 2021 due to the previous administrations backended deals. Case in point Foran drawing $1.2m next season yikes!!!
Theres no noise about the Coach...except on this forum. Those of us in the know are aware of what will happen over the next 6 to 8 months....and we are comfortable with it.
A contract is a contract. Not much the present Board could do but our roster has already started to transform and starting next season our roster transformation will accelerate.
No need to make noise about Pay. Hes here, he bleeds blue and he has begun to reinstall a Bulldogs culture. But it takes time. Clearly we had lost our way under Hasler. Neither he nor the players knew what we stood for. The present situation is what it is.
Im more interested to see the wonderful transformation of the Titans into a winning football team under guru Holbrook next year and beyond. That ride will be very bumpy.
You're full of blind optimism and faith my friend

Banned
Reaction score
You call a defeatist culture a bulldogs culture?
GTFO of here!

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pressure can make diamonds..

But with how things are at moment we will end up with a sloppy brown thing..

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Has anyone considered that if Flanagan was re-instated he might just go back to Cronulla...? John Morris doesn't have control of that team, why wouldn't the Sharks want him back.

He is a drug cheat and a moron as proved by his continual involvement even after being suspended.

Pay is not the answer, players dont play for him, he hasn't brought the madness (except the mental scarring fans and sponsors are enduring) and nobody other toiler Tolman publicly talks him up as a motivator, tactician or leader of men .

The board knows there is unrest with both sponsors and fans and yet stays silent? Either they are completely oblivious to all around them or they are smarter than we give credit and are holding station until they have a real alternative.

February will be a disaster for the Anderson ticket if we are still at Ground Hog Day.

I mentioned in another thread how it might be time to look at Gus even though I swore after last time never again, but he was only 30 then and now he is 60. He also appears to be the only person we could turn to that would bring instant credibility to attract the right players and staff, has experience running football programs at the rosters and panthers and is connected better than anybody.

General manager of football sounds pretty good, and if Pay is a dud like many suspect he would be moved aside in a heart beat by Gould.
Agree with everything you say except the board staying silent. They should be silent, no board should be in the papers, that's the CEO's job. Which Hill has been an absolute mute, 9 out 10 fans wouldn't know what he looks like . New coach n CEO before the hang the board.